[HTC Hero, 3rd Android Phone] New iPhone Killer.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goona, Jun 24, 2009.

1. nbnbcar macrumors newbie

2. YoungLew macrumors regular

In order to be better it would need OLED screen and 802.11n AT LEAST

Is the G-sensor an accelerometer?

also what's the internal storage like out of the box?

i don't care if its got Micro SD expansion slot's!

nice try HTC

3. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I never liked HTC. I've had maybe 4 HTC Windows Mobile devices, all of them were clumsy.

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Looks nice but the thing that makes the iPhone unrivaled, IMO, is the app store. There are a ton of cell phones with better specs that are capable of doing more but the apps are what make the iPhone what it is.

5. svndmvn Guest

what's better about it? The only thing I spotted is the 5MPx camera, and Android if you're into that..
    the rest is pretty much worse, most of it is worse than an iPhone 2g that has 4gb of NAND flash.

But in the end, it's all subjective, no one really cares which one is actually better than which, they're all thought for different people with different necessities, it's all about choices and preferences.

Some absolutely better than an iPhone would be as solid as a 3gs, better everything(camera, ram, cpu, storage, antennas), resolution independence giving the user a choice, if one wants to browse the internet at 320x480 let him do that, if he wants to view photos/videos at 840x640 or whatever let him do that.. a bit science fiction I know...

as far as ergonomics go, keep it almost identical to the 3gs, simmetrical as well, a slightly bigger screen but keeping some space for the hands to feel comfortable keeping the thumbs on the sides in landscape mode.. OLED is useless, or at least worse than the iPhone's LCD, in direct sunlight..
    Hard ti believe, but for many, the iPhone is close to perfect right now and what I described can simply just be the next iPhone..

6. xplics macrumors newbie

Look a lot like the G1 which I just had before getting my 3GS, and as not so great as the G1 was by HTC also, I would for sure just keep my IPhone.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I lol'd.
    I lol'd hard.
    It looks nice.
    In the sense the G1 looks nice. But I can't see any HTC phone being an iPhone killer. And this is coming from a previous HTC user running on 6.1 to an iPhone 3Gs. Best switch ever. 2nd would be switching from PS to Xbox. :p

8. scotland007 macrumors regular

9. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

There is no such thing as an iPhone killer. We have all been assimilated. The iPhone is the ultimate nanoprobe, and SteveJ=BorgQueen.

10. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I can see how it could be a very good/powerful phone, but am I the only one that thinks the G1 and this phone are just flat out ugly? Why does it curve on the bottom? Why is it a big rectangle? It makes it looks cheap and fake.

11. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I'll be honest, the UI looks nice. I don't like the bent look at the bottom, that would simply make it harder to stick in your pocket. Also, if weight was put on it (accidental stepping on for example), I could see it snapping at that angled point.

But the UI? Yummy. Maybe I have just gotten too comfortable with the iPhone UI. Don't get me wrong, I love how it looks but having a home screen on page 1, then the rest of the pages for Apps wouldn't be a horrible thing in my book.

12. DK4L macrumors newbie

Damn seems sick... but that damn design. I do not like the curve. I know its for it to wrap around your cheek but it just makes it look ugly. However there is no such thing as an iPhone Killer. iPhone will continue to sell even when their competitors sell. You know why cuz its under that :apple:

13. bfc macrumors member

Looks like it will have a version of Adobe Flash installed....

14. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OMG! Another iPhone killer is on the loose....:eek::eek::eek:

16. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Lock your doors! Where are your daughters?! Its ok iPhone. I won't let that ugly HTC hurt you.

17. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I had the diamond, I liked the phone as a whole BUT it would freeze once a day, to reset it i would have to remove the battery each and every time.

18. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

It can compete with iPhone ONLY IF Google can create another 'iTunes'. But, it's almost impossible now because Apple is just too far ahead. It's like starting the basketball game with 50:0 score.

19. cosmaboy macrumors member

I laugh in the face of the title of the thread.....

Not to be josephine.....

The Iphone 3Gs is the King of the Jungle, the HTC is a silmey snake slithering around the undergrowth, trying to makes its way to the top.

Viva la Iphone.... never to be touched

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

its iPhone btw

21. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

By looking at the video, i am definitely tempted to at least give it a spin at the local mall.

Its nice that the phone has flash, i wish apple would allow it on the iphone as well.

I agree with some posts here, the App Store makes the iphone what it is!

22. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Well, if this snake has enough poison....

23. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

ugly! what's with that bottom that kicks out? that would be uncomfortable in my pocket. i'll stick with my iPhone 3G