Huawei Mate 10 to Feature 4,000mAh Battery, Coming on October 16

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 6, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Huawei continued to ratchet up its hype machine on Thursday by revealing on Twitter that its upcoming Mate 10 smartphone will feature a 4,000mAh battery.

The Chinese company divulged the key detail via social media, which it has previously used to troll Apple as well as promote the built-in artificial intelligence capabilities of its forthcoming flagship device. The tweet was accompanied by the phrase, "#ThatFeeling when your battery lasts all day on a single charge".

[​IMG]
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro (Image via Evan Blass)

With Samsung, Apple, and Google all having played their cards in the 2017 smartphone wars, Huawei is hoping to make a big splash to round off the year with its Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, set to be officially announced on October 16.

All indications point to both Mate 10 devices sporting a 4,000mAh battery, which would make their cell capacities larger than those of nearly all flagship smartphones to date, including the iPhone 8 Plus (2,675mAh), Galaxy S8+ (3,500mAh), Galaxy Note 8 (3,300mAh), and the Pixel 2 XL (3,550mAh).

However, it's not clear just how much extra juice beyond a day that would get Mate 10 users, given that the handset is likely to boast an energy-sapping 6.1-inch 1440 x 2880 Quad-HD AMOLED display with virtually no bezels. Having said that, the new Kirin 970 processor in the Mate 10 is supposed to be far more energy efficient, which could balance out battery performance.

As previously reported, this will be the first phone in the company's line-up to feature the Kirin 970 mobile chipset, which is based on the same 10-nanometer technology as Apple's A11 Bionic processor found in the iPhone 8 and iPhone X. It also has a built-in neural processing unit that utilizes of machine learning, making it a lot faster than a traditional processor, according to the company.

The Mate 10 Pro is thought to cost upwards of $900, with the Mate 10 price starting at $849. Both devices will likely feature Leica rear dual-lens cameras, with 64GB of internal storage and 6GB of RAM as standard. The Mate 10 series to be revealed this month is actually expected to include three smartphones, with a lower-spec device bearing the moniker Huawei Mate 10 Lite.

Article Link: Huawei Mate 10 to Feature 4,000mAh Battery, Coming on October 16

2. Quirinus macrumors member

So every android phone has a fingerprint scanner on the back these days? My god..

3. johnyslats Contributor

johnyslats

Ew! The camera arrangement looks hideous. Designed using the clone tool?

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

It's hard to tell these Android phones apart now a days.

5. Ambient80 macrumors newbie

"#ThatFeeling when your battery lasts all day on a single charge".

I’ve had that, comfortably, on my iPhone for years...

6. mlody macrumors 6502a

Since when every single phone company on the Earth can think that they can charge people upwards of $1000 for a phone? This is like Honda asking $50-60k for Accord.

7. monty77 macrumors 6502a

..better than none at all IMO

8. Nozuka macrumors 68000

exactly what i was thinking... ;)

9. kuito macrumors member

Looks interesting at the very least. Does it have a headphone jack?

10. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I'm interested in the Note 10, but if its the same price as the Pixel 2 then Huawei will have to pull something very special out the bag.
    The Pixel 2 looks like its in running for smartphone of the year, possible favourite, before X is released.

11. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

That dislay looks huge. I don't have any experience with Huwaei, but I would like to have hands on with this device.

12. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

The name on the front is hideous and so is the back.

13. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Yet...You are fine with same 4 years old design with iPhone...LOL....This looks nothing like other Android phone..
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    Well... You must not using your iPhkne has hard as I used to. My iPhone will die before pass noon time. I have charger in my office, my car and portable battery in my bag just in case.

My Huawei P10 however, great battery life. Plus, fast charger is included in the box.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

I am? If it were up to me, the 8/8 Plus would have never been release and that designed would be retired. Hell, I'd recommend someone get the 7 plus over the 8 plus just to save the extra money.

15. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

The specs sound good, the screen looks great, and I love the blue, but boy is that an ugly phone!

I’m not in the market for an Android device, but if I were, nothing about it would intrigue me, TBH.

16. WBRacing macrumors 6502a

WBRacing

And when you are talking money like this, you then have to start seriously considering factoring in insurance as well.

I imagine the novelty of a 1k+ phone will wear off pretty darn quick once it's been dropped / stolen / lost.

17. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Sorry...My bad... iPhone 8 is just there to fill the gap. If no iPhone 8, this year iPhone will start upward of 1000... Apple under Tim is all about profit and they want to cover as much population they could. This is why, you have iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X and SE. There are over 7 iPhones with bunch of storage options and colors. Yet 5 of the iPhones looks almost identical.

Apple is maximizing it's profit by reusing almost all components and continue release other phone that reusee all current components inventory.

Apple is also the only company that doesn't include fast charger and cable in the box! I mean iPhone 8 is costing almost 900 in Canada not including tax and I need spend other 100 dollar for the charger and cable. This is insane and I am not planning to get one. This is also why, I left Apple camp. I am tired if Apple ripping me off

18. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

Whatever. I think the iPhone 8 is the best iPhone yet. Amazing update for someone steping up from a 6 or 6s. Way better processor then the 7. I always update at the Tock and the 7 was the Tick. iPhone X is another Tick cycle product as I’m waiting for next years Tock version of the X. This year I’ll let the guinea pigs (early adopters) help apple hammer out the design bugs. I’m going to wait patiently for the the real polished iPhone X next year.
    Im not sure where your buying your stuff but you could probably buy a charger and cable from Anker or Aukey for under $20 on Amazon. I’ve just bought some Tronsmart lightning cables on amazon and they are the beat yet. Better than Anker and they make nice ones too.

19. RickInHouston macrumors 6502a

So the sole phone has had a round button on the bottom front for yeh years? My God.

20. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Apple charger and USB C to lightning cable. I mean if Apple advertising fast charging capability, then at least including a fast charging in the box. That makes sense isn't it?
    You really don't have to though. Take Huawei for example, they took last year Mate 9 then made P9 for almost identical specifications then trickle down to Honor 8 with exactly same specifications. Honor 8 cost 399 in US. This year P10 coat around 700 dollars in Canada and midranges P10 lite only cost about 350. I got my open boxes unit with 200 dollar discount. So I only paid 150 for the phone.

There are so many good cheaper Android phone that won't cost arm and leg.

$1000+ phone is ridiculous.

21. the-msa macrumors 6502

thats not the point. apple not including a fast-charger with their fast-charge-able phone is laughable.

22. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

I agree, they should include it with the phone. Apple used always do it that way.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I was just making a point that cables do not need to cost over $100 and that there are many other suppliers.

23. canadianreader macrumors 6502

canadianreader

24. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

Some will get excited about the battery. The truth is Apple has TONS of data around battery usage. For the average user (read: +95%) the current battery is just fine for making it through the day. Yes, there will always be special use-cases but Apple designs for the average user.

It's like complaining that a high-end Mercedes does most everything but is missing a couple features. It fits the needs of most just fine and that's the point. There will never be a single product that covers everything every user could possibly want.

25. Rocco83 macrumors 6502

1. You can look at an iPhone and tell it’s an iPhone. Were the aesthetics the best? Not to everyone, but it was distinguishable. You didn’t look at an iPhone and call it a Galaxy. I look at an android phone and call it an android phone because I have no idea if it is a Samsung, LG, etc.

2. If your iPhone was dying before noon you truly need to rearrange some priorities in life. There is life outside of a screen. Assuming you were awake every morning at 5 to get around for work; and then spent the rest of your day hiding in your office gaming. Then I can see it dying by noon.

I am on my phone all the time as well. From 8AM - 8PM I am making work calls, checking my CRM, prospecting LinkedIn, checking my accounts social accounts, etc. my iPhone doesn’t hit the charger until about 9PM. The battery is in the yellow, but never have I had it die on me.

Your just phoning wrong.