Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sorry.. but you have been wrong a couple of times already. I own one of their smartphones just like I own an iPhone and when I find or see something wrong on either one I often send feedback to manufacturer to address. I have done the same with the cars I have owned too. Nothing wrong with that.
Didn't say it was wrong....Just you intimated a closer relationship to Huawei than it turns out to be.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Didn't say it was wrong....Just you intimated a closer relationship to Huawei than it turns out to be.
Over the last 25 years I have met many people and made many friends attending trade shows in Asia and the US. Some end up just being contacts and others good friends. Is this not ok?
Back to main point which is Google and others also do what many accuse Huawei of doing. One can twist and sugar coat it but at the end many end up working with governments in different countries.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I think you may be overestimating how far up the corporate ladder your customer feedback gets relayed.

It depends on the show. For example if it is a big show like CES,Hong Kong,Germany,Taiwan or Shenzhen. They often send higher up people from the Corporate office and to say face from questions they can not answer they often send their top engineers to those shows. I have attended many of those shows for many years. Over time you end up running into the right people.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It depends on the show. For example if it is a big show like CES,Hong Kong,Germany,Taiwan or Shenzhen. They often send higher up people from the Corporate office and to say face from questions they can not answer they often send their top engineers to those shows. I have attended many of those shows for many years. Over time you end up running into the right people.
But now you have contradicted yourself a couple of times in the Huawei threads.
Most of the time you say you have contacts and submit feedback straight to Huawei employees. Then you get defensive and say you submit feedback as any other customer would such as for your car.

Now you say you have contacts you see all the time over the years from high up the Huawei corporate ladder.
Sounds like you have close ties to Huawei to me......
Lots of people submit bugs to companies....very very few get special attention from software engineers to fix them just for them.
I have a friend who works for Huawei. Person who works for Huawei is a software engineer for them. Met him at trade show. I had a software bug which I wanted to report to have addressed. He fixed and addressed bug for me and we became friends.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
But now you have contradicted yourself a couple of times in the Huawei threads.
Most of the time you say you have contacts and submit feedback straight to Huawei employees. Then you get defensive and say you submit feedback as any other customer would such as for your car.

Sounds like you have close ties to Huawei to me......
Lots of people submit bugs to companies....very very few get special attention from software engineers to fix them just for them.
No I have not contradicted myself. I will clarify as when I have contacted them I have used websites/forums available to all consumers for feedback. Knowing a couple of employees that one may ask for software help/support on their smartphone does not mean one has close ties to Huawei. My friend is a manager at an Apple store and if I have an issue with an Apple product he asks one of the technicians to help me. This does not mean I have close ties to Apple. The same existed for me when I used HTC smartphones. Making friends with an engineer who can help you resolve bugs on your smartphone does not mean one has close ties to Huawei. I think you are over stretching this.
As for the part where you said very few get special attention you are wrong. Quite often at computer,electronic,smartphone shows engineers show up and if they have time may offer to help consumers resolve technical issues or bug issues.

Now you say you have contacts you see all the time over the years from high up the Huawei corporate ladder.

Where did I say this?

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
No I have not contradicted myself. I will clarify as when I have contacted them I have used websites/forums available to all consumers for feedback. Knowing a couple of employees that one may ask for software help/support on their smartphone does not mean one has close ties to Huawei. My friend is a manager at an Apple store and if I have an issue with an Apple product he asks one of the technicians to help me. This does not mean I have close ties to Apple. The same existed for me when I used HTC smartphones. Making friends with an engineer who can help you resolve bugs on your smartphone does not mean one has close ties to Huawei. I think you are over stretching this.
As for the part where you said very few get special attention you are wrong. Quite often at computer,electronic,smartphone shows engineers show up and if they have time may offer to help consumers resolve technical issues or bug issues.

Where did I say this?
I have been to several product and electronic shows and presentations.I have been to cyber security think tank conferences. I have never seen a company product engineer fix a product bug onsite. They get lots of bugs reported to them but never have I heard of a companies engineer fix a product bug onsite for one individual. Unless of course that person was very important to that company and their engineering staff and wanted to impress that person.

Where did I say this?

Over the last 25 years I have met many people and made many friends attending trade shows in Asia and the US. Some end up just being contacts and others good friends.
They often send higher up people from the Corporate office and to say face from questions they can not answer they often send their top engineers to those shows. I have attended many of those shows for many years. Over time you end up running into the right people.
I have a friend who works for Huawei. Person who works for Huawei is a software engineer for them. Met him at trade show. I had a software bug which I wanted to report to have addressed. He fixed and addressed bug for me and we became friends.

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Everyone is data mining, including Apple. All of the data is somewhere on the cloud and it will leak one day. Google is absolutely notorious and the worst offender. They are basically a private company that operates like Chinese government, they devour your data like there is no tomorrow. Not only do they read your emails and messages (from their various platforms) they also track your location, listen and transcribe your phone microphone even when phone is still and they tag through your images uploaded through Google Photos (no wonder they give you unlimited space cause those pictures put everything in context).

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Everyone is data mining, including Apple. All of the data is somewhere on the cloud and it will leak one day. Google is absolutely notorious and the worst offender. They are basically a private company that operates like Chinese government, they devour your data like there is no tomorrow. Not only do they read your emails and messages (from their various platforms) they also track your location, listen and transcribe your phone microphone even when phone is still and they tag through your images uploaded through Google Photos (no wonder they give you unlimited space cause those pictures put everything in context).
sources?

Alex W.

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2020
It has none, their routers, switches, Fiber boxes and server racks all have major security back doors.
The company has a massive track record of hacking companies they work with since the early 90s, Nortel being one of the biggest examples -- they lie cheat and steal.

Their software, phones call back to chinese servers -- none of their devices are allowed and are universally banned in all government or work where Security clearance is needed.

Dont support them, ever. Let them get the karma thats coming their way in the form of a massive crackdown due to their behaviour and actions for the past 30 years.

They have zero leg to stand on anymore, this is widespread knowlege.

Reactions: jamezr

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
It has none, their routers, switches, Fiber boxes and server racks all have major security back doors.
The company has a massive track record of hacking companies they work with since the early 90s, Nortel being one of the biggest examples -- they lie cheat and steal.

Their software, phones call back to chinese servers -- none of their devices are allowed and are universally banned in all government or work where Security clearance is needed.

Dont support them, ever. Let them get the karma thats coming their way in the form of a massive crackdown due to their behaviour and actions for the past 30 years.

They have zero leg to stand on anymore, this is widespread knowlege.
Show me an international model of their current phones sold overseas in Europe or other Asian countries doing this.I have a P30 Pro now (international version) show me where I can check now to validate your claim.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Google is your friend...
Try a search....
Show me where all the P30 models by Huawei sold in Europe, Asia (outside of China), Australia,Canada and the US are doing this. I did not find anything via Google search saying that all of these smartphones in all of these countries were doing so.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Show me where all the P30 models by Huawei sold in Europe, Asia (outside of China), Australia,Canada and the US are doing this. I did not find anything via Google search saying that all of these smartphones in all of these countries were doing so.

You'll find nothing for the P30.

However it's hard for this leopard to change its spots...

Granted this was multiple years ago, but I for one don't trust them. I can easily believe that deep down in their silicon, somewhere buried in the microcode they only they have access to, there's still code out there that enable back doors for them to exploit as required.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
See your questions have been answered....

show me where I can check now to validate your claim.
It really isn't hard to do a Google search to find out how to do this.....

Then if you will notice how many people are telling you the same thing over and over again about Huawei....

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
See your questions have been answered....

It really isn't hard to do a Google search to find out how to do this.....

Then if you will notice how many people are telling you the same thing over and over again about Huawei....
I want facts that should this is happening from all devices from all countries. I did not see this and I know how to use Google. So if you found this please share.
[automerge]1591586672[/automerge]
You'll find nothing for the P30.

However it's hard for this leopard to change its spots...

Granted this was multiple years ago, but I for one don't trust them. I can easily believe that deep down in their silicon, somewhere buried in the microcode they only they have access to, there's still code out there that enable back doors for them to exploit as required.
8-9 years ago. I want something recent that has been found in all countries now on all recent smartphones.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I want facts that should this is happening from all devices from all countries. I did not see this and I know how to use Google. So if you found this please share.
[automerge]1591586672[/automerge]

8-9 years ago. I want something recent that has been found in all countries now on all recent smartphones.
I have posted lots of information about all of the spying Huawei has done in the other thread yet you continue to stick your head in the sand. I have provided links and current proof. Yet you still pretend like nothing has been posted.

Then what happened 8-9 years ago is still happening today and there is a ton of proof out there.
If you know how to use Google then I suggest you do so and stop defending Huawei.

Then why are you defending them in multiple threads? It feels like you have a vested interest in the company. Are you sure you don't work for them?

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I have posted lots of information about all of the spying Huawei has done in the other thread yet you continue to stick your head in the sand. I have provided links and current proof. Yet you still pretend like nothing has been posted.

Then what happened 8-9 years ago is still happening today and there is a ton of proof out there.
If you know how to use Google then I suggest you do so and stop defending Huawei.

Then why are you defending them in multiple threads? It feels like you have a vested interest in the company. Are you sure you don't work for them?
I think you continue to stick your head in the sand by trolling and refusing to back up facts here. Either contribute and share facts or stop bashing others and trolling. Coming from a guy that is telling me that I continue to stick my head in the sand it seems that it is actually your head that is in the sand as as I Told you many many times already that I don’t don’t have interest in the company nor work for them l.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I think you continue to stick your head in the sand by trolling and refusing to back up facts here. Either contribute and share facts or stop bashing others and trolling. Coming from a guy that is telling me that I continue to stick my head in the sand it seems that it is actually your head that is in the sand as as I Told you many many times already that I don’t don’t have interest in the company nor work for them l.
Oh cmon now..... YOU opened the other thread here

Myself and others have posted a TON of information concerning Huawei spying and stealing other companies intellectual property. Then YOU act like nothing has been posted and ask for proof in this thread. Please be genuine not try to deflect so much.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Oh cmon now..... YOU opened the other thread here

Myself and others have posted a TON of information concerning Huawei spying and stealing other companies intellectual property. Then YOU act like nothing has been posted and ask for proof in this thread. Please be genuine not try to deflect so much.
You have not posted any claim that shows me where all the P30 models by Huawei sold in Europe, Asia (outside of China), Australia,Canada and the US are doing this. Please be genuine and do not deflect so much. If you posted this please share link to actual post otherwise ignore this thread and do not troll.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
You have not posted any claim that shows me where all the P30 models by Huawei sold in Europe, Asia (outside of China), Australia,Canada and the US are doing this. Please be genuine and do not deflect so much. If you posted this please share link to actual post otherwise ignore this thread and do not troll.
Show me where I claimed this? The above makes no sense.

You open these threads then complain and deflect when people post something other than what you want to see.

Google sells your data to advertisers.......they make no bones about this...it is well known they make money from selling data. Well known fact..they even admit. If you want to use Google services they will sell your anonymised data.

Huawei on the other hand has been caught doing so much spying and espionage and you have admitted as much in these Huawei threads. So the data they gather goes back to a very suppressive communist government.

Hopefully you can see why one is worse than the other.....

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Show me where I claimed this? The above makes no sense.

You open these threads then complain and deflect when people post something other than what you want to see.

Google sells your data to advertisers.......they make no bones about this...it is well known they make money from selling data. Well known fact..they even admit. If you want to use Google services they will sell your anonymised data.

Huawei on the other hand has been caught doing so much spying and espionage and you have admitted as much in these Huawei threads. So the data they gather goes back to a very suppressive communist government.

Hopefully you can see why one is worse than the other.....
Again you are deflecting..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.