Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
They make annoying ads and complain about others' products. Makes them look like losers.
Hello I am a Mac..... and I am a PC... :p

You mean like this right?

Now this was Funny though :D
Samsung-iphone-X-ad-notch.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stylinexpat

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
I want those jobs back in the US. Tariffs can discourage shipping of jobs abroad.

Sorry to quote myself when I was talking to someone else but those jobs are not coming back. Because a few people would happily pay $3000 for an iPhone.

You can buy a rocking chair from china for $50 or happily buy the locally made one for $200. You as a consumer are making the decision. Vote with your wallet and buy on your local market or the main street. But don't talk like that and then go to Wallmart and buy cheap.

There are millions of Americans who don't care to buy locally or just can't afford to. For them the $50 rocking chair is gonna be $62,50 now. They will still not buy the $200 US made rocker.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
I work in a building with a lot of Chinese that come to the United States for Graduate School or to get Phds. They are here legally.

You seem to believe that anyone that wants to can go into STEM. A lot of people don't have the ability to regardless of how much they want to work. The Chinese are no different from any other racial group.

Some Chinese have drive and some don't. It's just like any other racial group. Culture can make a difference of course. Have you actually been to China? Is your family Chinese? Is everyone a STEM genius?
[doublepost=1559066621][/doublepost]

Then why don't you understand economics?

That’s a loaded question. Aren’t you taught to ask admissible questions?

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
If you think I'm expecting Apple to move iPhone production to the US because of these tariffs, you are more delusional.
Well, based on your previous comment, that seems to be exactly what you were expecting:
I hope more Chinese companies fail and more manufacturing comes stateside. Go Apple! Go USA! Long live the iPhone!

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
It could be just one package ad one mistake but from what I have heard is that it was just not just one package and quite possibly not a mistake either. If they rerouted and stole these package on purpose. This could be the end of FED EX in China. There is something called trust which FED EX would have lost and something called theft which is something that FED EX may have committed. We will know one investigation is over.

FED EX shares will be a great short if this turns out to be true. Might be a good bet or risk to take as the odds in a down market are higher now.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...dex-probe-was-launched-after-complaints-users

See daily candles over the last week for FEDEX. Candles have been mainly red with almost -20% losses in about a month or so. Shipping is also a good indicator for how trade is going

https://www.investing.com/equities/fedex-corp

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Yeah, because Apple are such the innovators these days... :rolleyes:

Apple did innovate, somewhat, because they did "change" existing tech to make it work on their products. It doesn't always need to be "created" by them, and often isn't

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.