Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Honestly so confused how so many people in these comments have never heard of Jon Hamm. Especially since I bet most of you are watching Curbed Your Enthusiasm on which he's had several cameos. Oh yeah, and this little indie project called Mad Men.
I can believe some people not knowing the name but the face has been all over TV and movies for over a decade. Over 100 IMDB actor credits.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
nope, not watching that either ...
I used to know someone who proudly confessed that they've never seen a Star Wars movie. It didn't bother me except that they never got any sci-fi/fantasy popular culture references because it really all began with Star Wars. They ended up being left out of so many other things too just because they chose not to check out what everyone they know had already seen and grew up with. Mad Men is kind of like that for TV drama and lead characters that define culture and manhood in the US in the 60s.

fireguy286

macrumors demi-god
Sep 15, 2014
NY'er in Philly
Really?
People playing cool not knowing who Hamm is?

Mad Men, Baby Driver, Curb your Enthusiasm, Million Dollar Arm, Richard Jewell, The Report, Bad times at El Royale, MAD MEN; he is f***ing Don Draper!

Jon Hamm is THE MAN!

MAD MEN!

Yeah, I'm not the biggest Hollywood guy by any means, but I can't figure out how people have no idea who he is, even if you didn't like/watch Mad Men. He's won several major awards.

tcphoto1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Nashville, TN
Dear Jon, perhaps you should start your own production company and pitch Apple on a project starring...

BTW, I'm a big fan and would love to see you work more. Also, when will we see you in Top Gun II, Son of Goose? I'm guessing sometime in 2024 if the pandemic continues much longer.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
You don't know who he is because he does not have an AppleTV+ show yet.
well, since I do not subscribe to ATV+ (I had a free 1 year subscription ...) I guess I will never find out ... will I survive? positively yes

Chiromac81

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2018
Ontario Canada
Is it a bad sign when I have no idea who Jon Hamm is?

You are clearly joking or oblivious to great tv

Aside from the fact that he was the lead in a hugely successful (by any standards) and award winning show "Mad Men"

He also starred in probably the best episode of Black Mirror ("white Christmas")

And was also in a pretty damn good movie with a killer soundtrack "Baby Driver"

Seriously get out of the rock and watch some quality shows. The joke is clearly lost on the uninformed...

Braz0s

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm not the biggest Hollywood guy by any means, but I can't figure out how people have no idea who he is, even if you didn't like/watch Mad Men. He's won several major awards.
The Reverend in "Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt"!!!

Reactions: jkev57

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Really?
People playing cool not knowing who Hamm is?

Mad Men, Baby Driver, Curb your Enthusiasm, Million Dollar Arm, Richard Jewell, The Report, Bad times at El Royale, MAD MEN; he is f***ing Don Draper!

Jon Hamm is THE MAN!

MAD MEN!

Haven't heard of most of those shows and haven't seen more than an episode of the rest. This is the first time I've heard or read his name.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
no, I have not indeed, and, I do not feel bad about it either ...
First 3 seasons are great TV. It is extremely well written with a very dry humor. The first episode is one of the great first episodes. But only the first 3 seasons are any good. Just like the Sopranos. Shows that burn this bright fade fast. The final 4 seasons were quite horrible. Worth watching the first 3 though and then just imagine how you want the show to end yourself. Saves time and because the writers lost the plot:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.