Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sanho Corporation's HYPER brand today is announcing general availability of its HyperJuice USB-C charger, which it bills as the world's first 100-watt charger that uses gallium nitride (GaN) technology for a more compact design.

hyperjuice_gan_charger.jpg

The new 100W HyperJuice GaN charger is a four-port charger with two USB-C ports capable of delivering up to 100 watts and two USB-A ports delivering up to 18 watts. The charger's intelligent power system will balance delivery to multiple devices, up to the maximum total of 100 watts.

The HyperJuice GaN charger raised over $3.3 million between crowdfunding campaigns on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and with nearly all of those crowdfunded pre-orders having shipped out, the charger is now available for general sale.

hyperjuice_gan_charger_comparison.jpg

The HyperJuice has about the same footprint as a credit card, although substantially thicker, measuring 85.3 x 60.8 x 28.9 mm and weighing 208 grams. Folding prongs for U.S. outlets are built into the charger, but Type G and Type C adapters are included for compatibility with outlets in other countries such as in Europe.

The HyperJuice 100W GaN Charger has a recommended price of $99.99 and is available now through Hyper Shop, B&H Photo, and other retailers.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: HYPER Launches 'HyperJuice' Compact 100W USB-C GaN Charger

Jun 16, 2020
I'll wait for the smaller RAVPower version. They've been nice enough to send me their 90W and 60W free. 100W is coming for the 16" MBP.

Comment

redneckitengineer

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I think 130w is the maximum the spec supports. Almost at the top, but my laptop needs 135w to be happy.

Comment

Phil CG

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
I am still waiting for my HyperJuice to be delivered from their KickStarter !
I have been waiting months and their support seems to have vanished! I am very weary of this company at the moment.

Comment

aknabi

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
I am still waiting for my HyperJuice to be delivered from their KickStarter !
I have been waiting months and their support seems to have vanished! I am very weary of this company at the moment.
Odd... was a backer and got it a while back... working great and of the dozen various USB-C chargers I have it's by far the best (especially for travel if that every starts again) and would highly recommend. Hope you get it soon.

Comment

iGeneo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
Odd... was a backer and got it a while back... working great and of the dozen various USB-C chargers I have it's by far the best (especially for travel if that every starts again) and would highly recommend. Hope you get it soon.

Yep, same here. Mine was IndieGogo and I think it came on May 1, Love it! Supporting it on IndieGogo saved me $30

Next up is my Flash: World's Most Powerful 210W USB-C Powerbank, that will keep me powered when away from an outlet!

Comment

flyingrph

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
KS backer as well. Mass Shipping came from HK even for US distribution I think. So YMMV just like any KS/indiegogo etc, especially with what's going around globally.

I got mine 3 months ago (in US), hope you get yours soon. Also you might want to hit them up and see what's going on, they are relatively quick in responding to the corp email.

Lastly, the review of the product. I think the biggest ? right now is does the charger give out 100W (each port) if both usb-c ports are occupied. Can't search from the KS comments, but at one point, the answer was no, meaning if it was the case above, the charge will "rebalance"and each port gets less power. I ignored most of it at the time, mainly b/c I just wanted a small multport charger with international plugs for travel. So if anyone can confirm this, it will be a deal breaker for most. I just don't have two - 16 inch MBP to test for everyone lol

Reactions: Wilburx3
Comment

miketja

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012
Indiegogo backer here, but it still hasn't arrived. Shipped mid-May, apparently, and still "out for delivery". Yeah, right. I live in the UK. Support said "wait 4 weeks" then we'll ship another. Now they're saying "wait 10 weeks" and we'll ship another. Lots of backers in the same position. Very disappointed.

Comment

Saus

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
KS backer as well. Mass Shipping came from HK even for US distribution I think. So YMMV just like any KS/indiegogo etc, especially with what's going around globally.

I got mine 3 months ago (in US), hope you get yours soon. Also you might want to hit them up and see what's going on, they are relatively quick in responding to the corp email.

Lastly, the review of the product. I think the biggest ? right now is does the charger give out 100W (each port) if both usb-c ports are occupied. Can't search from the KS comments, but at one point, the answer was no, meaning if it was the case above, the charge will "rebalance"and each port gets less power. I ignored most of it at the time, mainly b/c I just wanted a small multport charger with international plugs for travel. So if anyone can confirm this, it will be a deal breaker for most. I just don't have two - 16 inch MBP to test for everyone lol

99% of the time the wattage in the chargers title means the maximum combined output of all ports. That is no different with this one. I think it does about 60/40 if charging two 100 watt devices, and of course even less if usb devices are plugged in the other ports. There is still quite a lot of time before a safe 200w charger would be possible in this size.

Comment

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Anyone who has one want to share how it divides power between the ports? Specs make it sound like it has 100W total. Most of these multiport devices have tiers where it divides available power as each port is used. So for example a 60 W dual USB C might give 60 W when one device is plugged in, but only 30w per port if two are plugged in... even if the second device only needs 5 W.

What is the most you can get from each if you are using:
  • USB C + USB C
  • USB C + USB A
  • USB C + USB A + USB A
  • USB C + USB C + USB A
  • USB C + USB C + USB A + USB A
  • USB A + USB A
What happens to power delivery if you have a USB cable plugged in without a device attached?

Reactions: jimthing
Comment

JosephDuffy

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Great Britain
I got this on Kickstarter but honestly haven't liked it because of a few things:
  • The travel adapters are quite flimsy and don't grip very well so using it in a non-US socket (I live in the UK) doesn't work great
  • I knocked the charger (yes my fault) and it sparked and will no longer charge without being held at an angle, which usually causes it to slip out of the travel adapter. I think the terminals are either cheap or too close together because they're now visibly burnt, something that's never happened with other chargers I've knocked
  • Very minor but the USB-A ports are upside down, so it makes inserting a charging cable frustrating

Comment

Idgac Mal

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2020
AVOID this company!! I am a super disappointed backer and have got nothing to comment further! So fed up!!!

.JUST READ THE COMMENTS FROM ALL THE BACKERS ON KICKSTARTER and thank me later.

[automerge]1594054905[/automerge]
here is the link to the KS campaign's comment section.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Alfredo_Delgado
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.