Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

HYPER, known for its line of HyperJuice chargers, power banks, cables, and more designed for Apple devices, recently debuted its latest charging product on Kickstarter.

hyperstackablecharger.jpg

The HyperJuice Stackable GaN Charger is equipped with a passthrough AC outlet and up to four ports, depending on the model. With the power adapter, you can charge up all of your Apple devices with up to 100W of power while also leaving the outlet free for other devices.

There's a 65W version with a single USB-A port and two USB-C ports along with a 100W version with a single USB-A port and three USB-C ports. The passthrough outlet offers up to 1500W of power for household appliances, fans, televisions, and more.

The "stackable" part of the name refers a function that several of the HyperJuice chargers stack up on top of one another, so a single outlet can power multiple computers and accessories.

hyperchargerstack.jpg

GaN or Gallium Nitride technology allows HYPER to offer a powerful charging capabilities in a smaller package than a traditional charger, and it's a technology that many manufacturers are taking advantage of these days. HYPER says its 100W charger is smaller than every other 100W charger on the market.

The HyperJuice charger also has foldable prongs to keep it compact for travel purposes. It comes in black and white, but Kickstarter backers will receive the black version, with white set to be released at a later date.

The HyperJuice Stackable GaN Charger can be pre-ordered from Kickstarter, with the products expected to ship out in December 2020. Pricing starts at $39 for the 65W model, but there are variable pricing models based on how many of the chargers are sold, and some of the early deals have sold out. Full pricing details can be found on the Kickstarter website.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with HYPER. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: HYPER Launches Stackable Chargers That Combine AC Passthrough Charging With Multiple USB-C Ports

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I tried their first 100W GaN charger, and it was good but had a few kinks. For example, it wouldn't charge the Apple Watch to 100% over USB-A because the Apple Watch stops charging at certain points to keep the temperature down, and the charger would turn off power to the USB-A port during those times and not resume.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Their first GaN charger (campaign) was a disaster. Lots of USB-C devices just don’t work, even when using their add-on USB-C cable. Would not recommend Hyper. At all.

Their first charger was easily the worst item I've purchased in years.

1) Delayed months (somewhat excusable given COVID but it was delivered 4 months late)
2) Does not allocate power properly - Why have a 4 port charger if you can only plug one thing in it to have it charge correctly? For example, if I have my USB-C - Lightning cord plugged in (with nothing attached) and I want to charge my Macbook Pro 16" the charger will feed 35W to my macbook pro. If I have my Apple Watch plugged in my laptop wont charge. It'll work at 100W if I unplug everything else
3) SPAM to your email about upcoming products.. I've gotten 6 emails in the last two days
4) Return shipping to China.. good luck getting support if you have an issue

Neepman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
Since I will not likely be traveling outside of my neighborhood for at least another year, its hard to work up any personal interest. But its an interesting product.

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
Looks good, but pity its US only.
There are plenty of great products that the U.S doesn't get that other countries refuse to share with the U.S. I never understand this mentality on this forum that the U.S. is not "allowed" to have products without extending them to other countries.The #1 foul shouters are the UK members. There's a lot of UK stuff that never makes it to the U.S.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
My experience with Sanho corporation is really bad. Beware of their Kickstarter campaigns - just read the comments on Kickstarter. They refuse to refund and claim there is no recourse when purchased via Kickstarter, even to backers who's products are defective or never arrive. Slow to respond. The campaign prior to this with the 6/12/18 port hubs was a fiasco. The prior 100W adapter also had problems as mentioned above. I ended up buying a smaller CHOETECH 100w charger for the MBP 16" in Amazon for less, smaller and very reliable. I for one, would not consider backing anything they put on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. They sell via Amazon a few months later the products, but then you have Amazon to make sure someone stands behind them. The videos and promises they make are not reflective of the actual products they ship.

JmMBr

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2016
My experience with Sanho corporation is really bad. Beware of their Kickstarter campaigns - just read the comments on Kickstarter. They refuse to refund and claim there is no recourse when purchased via Kickstarter, even to backers who's products are defective or never arrive. Slow to respond. The campaign prior to this with the 6/12/18 port hubs was a fiasco. The prior 100W adapter also had problems as mentioned above. I ended up buying a smaller CHOETECH 100w charger for the MBP 16" in Amazon for less, smaller and very reliable. I for one, would not consider backing anything they put on Kickstarter or Indiegogo. They sell via Amazon a few months later the products, but then you have Amazon to make sure someone stands behind them. The videos and promises they make are not reflective of the actual products they ship.

I'm going through an issue right now where the 12 port hub they sent me is essentially a dead brick. Had a few back and forth emails with customer service where they promised me a replacement and then they absolutely ghosted me. I get Macrumors has to partner with companies like this and advertise their products to keep the lights on, but not a single visitor to this story should give ANY money to Sanho. They will rip you off.

SDJim

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2017
San Diego, CA
There are plenty of great products that the U.S doesn't get that other countries refuse to share with the U.S. I never understand this mentality on this forum that the U.S. is not "allowed" to have products without extending them to other countries.The #1 foul shouters are the UK members. There's a lot of UK stuff that never makes it to the U.S.
*Cries in not-a-station-wagon*

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Looks good, but pity its US only.

I assume it might be the same in several countries, but at least in Germany such "stackable" devices are simple not allowed. A few of these devices together create a lever that might be strong enough to pull the entire socket out of the wall exposing raw wires.

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
So that great photo with the outlet coming out of the table looks nice. But my outlets all come out of my wall.

How many of these could you connect together before they either fall out or you damage the wall outlet? ?

Reactions: Idgac Mal

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Just thinking about the level of power these things put out in such a small package and reading comments and reviews only one thing comes to mind.

Oh lord Jesus it’s a fire!

If the big guys aren’t doing it Anker/Ravpower there’s likely a reason. Not saying they are experts or infallible but you’re talking charging expensive things in a small package and it took a long time to get even two type C in one brick.

za0uk

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
AVOID!!
I bought their 100w GaN charger via Kickstarter. It’s started to charge inconsistently and give small electric shocks (!!) - their customer service was extremely rude, repeatedly closing the case unresolved. Their only proposal eventually was for me to ship the faulty charger at my expense, ~$30, internationally! I for one will never buy from HYPER/Sanho again, and I’d recommend nobody else did either.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I assume it might be the same in several countries, but at least in Germany such "stackable" devices are simple not allowed. A few of these devices together create a lever that might be strong enough to pull the entire socket out of the wall exposing raw wires.
LOL. You don‘t have to screw the outlet into a box that is fastened to a wall stud in Deutschland?

Reactions: Alfredo_Delgado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.