(Hypothetical) What would YOU do if JBing was no longer possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dwalls90, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm always hopeful that the devs will continue their hard work to keep finding ways to jailbreak new iOS devices and versions, but Apple may find a way to make it impossible in the long run. That said, what are your plans if this is the case?

Personally, I hate to say it, but I MAY jump ship to Android - at least to try it out and see if I like Android over stock iOS.

2. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I'd definitely stick with the iphone and have a much lighter wallet:eek:.

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'd still stick with Apple and iOS but try to use as many App Store apps as I could to make the phone as useful as possible to me.

I just still cannot see myself ever switching to Android....dont like the phones, dont like the OS and everything else in my house is :apple: so I like to make everything cohesive and simplified.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Yep. And as for Apple making it impossible.. There's about a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. Apple may make jailbreaking a lot more expensive (it's currently free) if it becomes even more difficult and demands more time and work by hackers.. but impossible? Not. Not as long as there is a market for it or not while some bored fourteen year old kid somewhere in the world is lurking around in root.;)

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Couldn't have said it better.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not update until the phone died or became unusable, then switch to Android. My phone and my iPad are TOOLS. Unless Apple builds in the things I need to make this tool a useful one (some of which ARE built in to other phones!), I can't see any reason to stick around in a non JB scenario.

I'd be seriously pissed about having to replicate all my apps though, both JB & regular!

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

iphone 4S and iPad 2 is jailbroken on iOS 5!! all we need to do is to wait for the public release now:)

9. Grimsrud macrumors member

Losing my ability to tether without paying AT&T extra money to fully use the already pathetic 2GB data allowance would really tick me off, but I'd just go to H2O Wireless when my contract expires. Outside of TetherMe, there are only a few things I install on my phone that require a jailbreak, most of which I can live without. If H2O doesn't allow tethering, I'd just go with an Android device.

10. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

i would move over to android- wont be the smoothest OS or quality for handsets...

nothing can replace the quality, build, smoothness, slickness of the iphone and ios...

11. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Once my 4s is jailbroken, I am not going to update anything until I am sure there is a JB for it. And new devices, if it becomes impossible... I'll jump ship and leave the iPhone behind.... though it will suck with everything I have being Apple and all.

What I REALLY wish is that jail breaking were not necessary. I think a large class action suit by the entire customer base, to force Apple to allow us to have root access without needing to hack in the first place... that would be awesome. I still can't see how a device I pay nearly 1000.00 for, I am not allowed root access to, in order to fully utilize it to it's full potential! It's akin to selling someone a computer system - and not allowing them administrator rights on their own machine! :(

12. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I'm dying over here after updating to iOS 5 :( Having used a JB'd phone for so long, I can see what I'm missing out on. In the event I could never JB again, I'd still stick with iOS/iPhone but I'd be pretty sad :eek:

13. quaxon macrumors member

I'd switch to droid. I have been an iphone user since the 1st one, but I have never bought them until they were JBroken except for the 4s since my 3gs was on its last legs. The phone feels so locked out and non-functional, I really don't understand why the hell they wont just give us root access to our devices right out of the box, it makes no sense to me. Anyways I honestly am hating iOS without a JB and would switch over immediately if there wasnt one coming.

14. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

iBlacklist is the only thing I feel that I *must* have from the jailbreak world. (And that's not an absolute must...just a strong preference.)

I don't know why iOS doesn't give us the ability to restrict incoming SMS and phone calls without having to go through some kind of weird antics.

SB Settings would be nice, Autoresponder would be nice.

The bottom line: I'd just go on with the iPhone and deal with it, if I could not jailbreak.

But I will jailbreak for iBlacklist as soon as it is practical to do so!!

15. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

A class action lawsuit would do absolutely nothing. When you buy the phone, and install iTunes, as well as install the iOS you agree to a terms and conditions. That terms and conditions says that you agree to their stipulations by using their product, and if you don't agree you have 30 days to return it. So any legal right you had is forfeit right there. As for not having a JB'ed phone, that's gonna suck when my 4S gets here tomorrow.

16. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Either not upgrade and if all else failed I would probably switch to Android till Apple caught up to the basic jb's tools. Friend was showing me netflix on her droid that she just connects to her tv through just hdmi and streams like my home computer. I was kinda jealous since except the outside not looking so good it did everything my ip4 did and more.

17. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I use the phone just fine the way it was designed.

18. monkeylui macrumors 6502

You can do that with AirPlay or with the hdmi connector. :?

19. ap3604 macrumors 68000

What should you do if you could never jailbreak again?

[​IMG]

20. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

21. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Even without a jailbreak the iPhone is still the best phone out there. JB just makes it that much better.

22. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Cry, curled up in the fetal position. Then sleep. Then wake up the next morning and try to forget it. Tell myself, "Hey, stock iOS is still better than Android." Smile. :D

23. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

The way it is designed was to have developers create apps for the phone. For some reason(not your benefit) Apple decided some apps aren't suitable for the app store.

So yes your phone works fine the way it was designed, but can work better.