I am not buying an iPad 3(hd) thread!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Launch day iPad 2 owner...Cannot see needing anymore in a tablet than what I am getting with my iPad 2. All I do is browse the web and play an occasional game. Quad core means nothing to me with my usage. Better screen would be cool, but iP2 screen is fine...

2. EvoWake macrumors newbie

you say this until you see the golden unicorn features that no one predicted... ;)

3. big samm macrumors 65816

Good for you! I know Im buying one no matter what!

4. Liam08 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely sleep easier tonight.

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

6. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That's completely fine if the iPad 2 is more than enough for you. I'm sure it is for many. But you don't need to act like you're better than us for that.

8. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Better than you?? How so, because I am choosing not to buy...really?

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

So what you're saying is different people have different needs and expectations? Fascinating.

10. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Sounds like even the iPad2 might be more than you need. I've got the first model. Do you want to trade?

11. rkahl macrumors 65816

12. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

No way...Everyone must have the same needs and expectations as me. You're speaking blasphemy!

I dont want that, so you can't have it.

13. Deeps macrumors regular

You don't have an iPad 1, which has got too laggy and crashes a lot with iOS 5.0.1, which many people have.

So in that instance for me anyways, an upgrade is due.

14. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Buying one no matter what? Follow that herd!

15. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

why do people waste valuable space and create a meaningless thread like this?

Who is buying an iPad 3, but not immediately, but maybe in 1 month. Can we get a poll going? All the iPad 3 buyers NOT on launch day please respond.

seriously, this stuff gets old....no one cares that you're not buying one!

16. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I have never had a problem with mine. Even 5.1 beta is stable.

17. rkahl macrumors 65816

You get these people every year! The people who really want to upgrade their previous generation device, but look for others support to get them thru the excitement.

18. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Oh good, another "I'm not buying the new iPad because of reason (a) and reason (b)" thread.

When everyone knows that the actual reason for not buying the new iPad is reason (c):

I have no money and I'm creating a thread about it to reconcile my cognitive dissonance.

19. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Why does this matter? I could not care less whether or not someone else is buying the latest and greatest as well as the reasons that support their decision. If you want the new iPad, for whatever reason, then buy it. If you want it but can't afford it, save up your money or dream a little dream and be happy with whatever you have. If you have no desire to upgrade, then don't. Why does it matter if you (or anyone else) thinks that the upgrade is "worth" opening your wallet for?

I don't post much, but I am an avid reader on these forums. It amazes me how many posts there are that seem to be driven by people justifying their choices (white or black, 128gig being too "needed" or not, ordering online or standing in line, etc). Why? It's one thing to read about why a person desires more storage for their iPad and another to read why a person doesn't understand why someone could ever possibly need most storage on their iPad. We are all different. My needs are not yours. And heck, my "needs" may not even be actual "needs" by definition, but they are things I want and feel I deserve so they qualify for me. No one "needs" an iPad. You would not die without one. But that does not mean that I am not allowed to be enthralled with the device and use it for every purpose that is possible in order to suit my life.

I don't "need" to upgrade. I bought my iPad 2 in November of 2011. It's awesome. But I want to upgrade and I have the financial means to comfortably do so, so I probably will. I don't feel I have to justify my reasons, nor do I think you need to justify yours for not purchasing.

/endrant

20. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

It's going to be my first iPad so YES... I will buy one

21. mac jones macrumors 68040

To be honest.

I want the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 when it comes.

I want the Wacom stuff as I could use it. I think to include the pen is a really good idea. Others of course, may disagree; just my preference.

Owning both is a bit much, although it's tempting :D

22. wiz1 macrumors newbie

I very likely won't be buying the iPad 3, I sold my iPad 2 16gb for 470$, and I don't see any real reason to buy the iPad 3. Unless they blow my socks off with something no rumors mentioned, I will be buying either a upgraded iPad 2, or a Transformer Prime.

23. Deeps macrumors regular

You are one of the lucky ones! ;)

24. mwulf67 macrumors regular

For supposedly not caring, some of you put a lot of effort and hostility into that not caring...