I am the latest victim of the 6+ bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Just so the naysayers include me in their stats, my 6+ has started to bend after 15 days of use.

The bent is not yet visible to the naked eye, but failed to pass my daily test:
- place it, screen down, on the same surface
- tap it on each of the 4 corners

Until today, the phone was as flat as the table, today it started wobbling significantly when taping two opposite corners.

Have had every iPhone since the first generation, have used this one the same way, carried in front pocket when on the move, and usually on a table when at home or work. Never used in a back pocket, didn't run into any situation that prompted me to check if my phone was damaged either, just day to day normal usage.
The phone has been in Apple Leather case from the first minute.

There are already a couple of negative impacts from the slight bend:
- when tapping on keyboard with phone flat on table in its case, phone wobbles
- phone has become noisier when vibrating if on a table

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Just so the naysayers include me in their stats, my 6+ has started to bend after 15 days of use.

Until today, the phone was as flat as the table, today it started wobbling significantly when taping two opposite corners.

Have had every iPhone since the first generation, have used this one the same way, carried in front pocket when on the move, and usually on a table when at home or work. Never used in a back pocket, didn't run into any situation that prompted me to check if my phone was damaged either, just day to day normal usage.

Sorry to hear that..you should put a case on now...

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007

Mine wobbles a little when on a flat surface. But, mine is due to the protruding camera.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Clearly if you have to give your iPhone a daily test, then you should return it and get something else.

deaglecat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Sooner or later the naysayers will become believers.

Too many folk are reporting this problem for it to be categorised as an imaginary issue.

OP - take it back to apple if within 14 days... if not, you will struggle given the slight nature of the defect. Hope it does not get worse.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
It isn't visible to the naked eye and you can only notice it when you lay it face down and push on the corners? Basically, if you weren't checking it every day, you'd never know.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Wow. I haven't been performing a daily bend test... I feel like I've messed up somehow.

Does your phone still fail the invisible warp test if it isn't in the case? Just curious.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

Too many folk are reporting this problem for it to be categorised as an imaginary issue.

OP - take it back to apple if within 14 days... if not, you will struggle given the slight nature of the defect. Hope it does not get worse.
Did you even read the opening post? Unless he has a time machine your advice is literally a day late and a dollar short.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Mine wobbles a little when on a flat surface. But, mine is due to the protruding camera.
Maybe that's why he said he placed it screen down so the camera wont be in the way and it's not suppose to wobble?

Edit: Actually reading some of these posts makes me laugh. The OP clearly states his scenario and people are still asking questions he already answered.

Do you/should put a case on it?
Is it under the 14-day return window?

lol unless they are just trolling?

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
No pictures. Figures :rolleyes:
want a picture of what exactly? told you I could not see the bend by just looking at it, I think I was pretty clear about that

----------

been 15 days... either way, I am not interested in getting a similar unit, would rather hear confirmation that Apple has silently fixed the issue, then go get a replacement

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
want a picture of what exactly? told you I could not see the bend by just looking at it, I think I was pretty clear about that
Seriously, pop it out of the case and try. Just to be sure it's not the case that is becoming minutely misshapen.

deaglecat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Did you even read the opening post? Unless he has a time machine your advice is literally a day late and a dollar short.

15 days is actually pretty borderline. OP may find an Apple store willing to accept a return for a refund

mailboxbetacoin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
It isn't visible to the naked eye and you can only notice it when you lay it face down and push on the corners? Basically, if you weren't checking it every day, you'd never know.
Maybe read my post completely if you want to comment on it, I mentioned a couple of negative impact already form the slight bent

----------

My table wables. Any fix for that?
yeah, put your phone under a leg, I do that all the time

deaglecat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
For the cost ... the OP has a right to expect a phone to be reasonably durable and defect free.

I can understand the concern... if it has started to bend after 15 (fifteen) days then what will it be like after 50..100...500 days.

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012
been 15 days... either way, I am not interested in getting a similar unit, would rather hear confirmation that Apple has silently fixed the issue, then go get a replacement
There won't be any "silent" changes to the 6/6+ design because it would quite possibly be the loudest "silent" event that's ever occurred. Apple's devices are under incredibly detailed scrutiny at all times and any internal changes would be detected immediately by people like iFixit, resulting in a huge media storm that would make the initial "Bendgate" stuff microscopic by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.