Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruslan2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
I deleted the stock maps app from file and now maps keeps crashing. Is there any way i can get it back. I have a iPhone 5 running on 6.1

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Well then, you are screwed. Unless you can get ahold of someone else who has an iPhone. Then you have to do a copy/paste of that application back into yours. Otherwise, hit Restore on iTunes and be done with it.

ruslan2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Well then, you are screwed. Unless you can get ahold of someone else who has an iPhone. Then you have to do a copy/paste of that application back into yours. Otherwise, hit Restore on iTunes and be done with it.

how do i copy and paste i have like 10 iPhones lying around

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
how do i copy and paste i have like 10 iPhones lying around

1. SSH into another (same model, same software version) iPhone
  2. Copy the Maps app
  3. Paste it into your desktop
  4. Connect and SSH into your iPhone
  5. Go to the folder where you deleted the Maps app
  6. Copy from your desktop to your iPhone the Maps app
  7. Reboot
  8. ????
  9. PROFIT!!!

ruslan2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
  1. SSH into another (same model, same software version) iPhone
  2. Copy the Maps app
  3. Paste it into your desktop
  4. Connect and SSH into your iPhone
  5. Go to the folder where you deleted the Maps app
  6. Copy from your desktop to your iPhone the Maps app
  7. Reboot
  8. ????
  9. PROFIT!!!

they are not jailbroken and they are not same software verison

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
If you have ifile installed, check in the trashes folder. If not, then why dont you install google maps and mapsopener from cydia? Its better than apple maps imo.

ruslan2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
If you have ifile installed, check in the trashes folder. If not, then why dont you install google maps and mapsopener from cydia? Its better than apple maps imo.

I have google maps but siri can't find places it's not in trash

ruslan2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Anybody have a iPhone 5 on 6.1

i accidentally deleted my stock maps apps. and i was just wondering if you could send me the map files from lfile. it would be much appreciated. I have a iPhone 5 6.1 jailbroken.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Dude you started 3 brand new threads all regarding your issues with the Maps app. FYI that's completely unnecessary. People here are extremely responsive and helpful as you can clearly see by a Samanosuke uploading the Maps folder for you.

Just something to keep in mind next time you need help.

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
I deleted apple maps!! Help!!!!

Ummmm I was not referring to you or the solution. It was a joke referring to noobs posting habits.

I know... I just wanted to get my 2 cents in for no reason at all haha.

Also thank you for your well thought out and written responses. I always enjoy reading your posts and opinions. You're probably one of 3 people that I come to macrumors to read their opinions and thoughts on certain things.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I know... I just wanted to get my 2 cents in for no reason at all haha.

Also thank you for your well thought out and written responses. I always enjoy reading your posts and opinions. You're probably one of 3 people that I come to macrumors to read their opinions and thoughts on certain things.

Oh haha. That's cool. I just didn't want any misunderstanding.

I'm glad you like my posts. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post much lately. I've been slammed at work. I've only had one day off in the past 4 weeks! Definitely looking forward to having my weekends back! Haha

Sorry OP for going wayyyy off topic. Let us know if simply copying that folder back to your device does not work. I might have a couple other things you can try. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.