I don't think I'm going to my High School Prom

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ceezy3000, May 28, 2009.

1. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

I've decided i'm not going to my senior prom. there are a multitude of reasons but what i'm wondering is if anyone here didn't go to their high school prom for any reason and if they regretted it or not.
    So did you go or not go to prom?
    did you regret it? did you enjoy it?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I did. But unfortunately I went with a girl :(. But I still had fun. You SHOULD go, this is the only chance you'll ever have. Just go with a group of friends, and be in a group photo. It will be fun. :)

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I did not go to mine and part of me always will regret not going and if I had it to do over I would of gone.

4. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

Just go to your stupid high school prom. Why in the heck would you not go?

I went to prom. Was is fantastic and awesome? No, but it was fun.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I did not go to mine and was a bit against the whole idea of it at the time. Now that I'm older I wish I had gone. Just for the experience I suppose. It's fairly popular as a teen to be negative against some mainstream stuff but once you're a working adult there are no proms.

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I didn't go to my HS Prom. It was a waste of money, imo. To this day, I don't regret not going.

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Exactly.

I never even considered not going...it was a lot of fun! Give it a chance, why not?

8. MrM macrumors 6502

The only people at my school who didn't go to the prom were the really anti social kids. There is a spot for everyone at the prom. Go with friends, have fun.

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I didn't go to my senior prom, never regretted it once. I think a bunch of us went to another outing instead, so it was still a good times with HS friends.

10. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

I went; the dance was meh. There was a crap load of drama around getting the group organized and it cost a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it was worth it. Personally, I felt like the best part was hanging with the group throughout the night and the following day.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Why? Its just one of those things.

11. DrStrange macrumors member

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Do you mind if I skip your prom also?

Larry Flint still hasn't sent my Chester costume from last Halloween yet, so it wouldn't be any fun.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

my son was going to skip his but ended up going and had the time of his life

14. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Frankly it'll neither be the end of your World nor others. It's completely up to you.. I dragged myself to mine and looking back I can fairly say that I wouldnt have missed much if I didnt go.. but I didnt miss anything since I did go.

15. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I didn't go to my senior prom, but I went to my girlfriends (I'm a year younger than her). But we only went because our high school held it at the Science Center, and the entire building was open to us (the prom was held after public hours), so we played with all of the exhibits the entire time. If it had been a "traditional" prom, I doubt either one of us would have wanted to go.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I like some of those Science Center exhibits, some of the childrens ones are fun.

They did a free childrens science exhibit along with an Imax movie at the theater with some free retro arcade games, so that was as fun as the movie.

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yeah, most of the Arizona Science Center is geared toward younger kids, but it was still a blast.

18. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I didn't go to mine . Not having a date played a big part of it, but I also didn't see a point in wasting all that money. I went to an anti-prom stag party. (Read- a bunch of guys with no dates :)) I didn't really feel I missed out on much.

19. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

go. i brought a friend that went to another school (my school allowed a student to invite someone from another high school) and it made it alot more interesting. made the prom alot more fun, as i would have been borderline if i had to go alone.

20. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Go by yourself or with some friends, and have fun. :)

21. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I didn't go and I wish I did. It's a once in a lifetime thing, and something that you shouldn't miss!

22. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I went to my Junior one, but broke up with GF senior year so no date for me. Could have gone, but why spend 500 bucks or so on a friend?

If you don't care about it, its not a big deal. I don't care about not going and don't see the big deal.

23. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Experience alone is worth the trip IMO. Every so often when an old HS buddy brings it up we talk about Prom Nights' highs and low's. That being said, you don't wanna end up as one of those 40 year olds going to some lame local FM radio sponsored "Second Chance Prom". Here in Dallas KISS FM does one every year and it's for all the people that never went to theirs. :rolleyes:

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Definitely go, you'll regret it if you don't go. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day. Later that day we set s... :eek: (sorry I just always think of that line) but my point still stands. It might be a couple of months or years down the line. We don't have proms here, I think there was a dance but few people went.

You're at the end of school, enjoy it!

25. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I went to two proms.

My GF's, who was a year older and went to a different school.
    And then next year she came to mine.

Eventhough I didnt know anyone at hers, it was worth going. A prom is a "right of passage" even for the loner/antisocial ones. Going and being the guy in all black who stares in the corner, is completely acceptable to all in attendance.

There is little excuse for missing your own prom.