Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Novanappa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2021
I was cheap and bought a fake Hermès Noir/Bleu Saphir band on Amazon. Their leather is exceptional but I didn't think they could bring the same quality to something like a nylon band.

Got the fake and liked it. Wore it around for a week but then got curious and picked up the real thing, thinking I'd just return it if it was the same.

...it wasn't. The moment I held it, I was floored at the night and day difference. I don't think it even comes across in these photos. The colors are so rich and deep despite being dark, and they contrast beautifully. It's a lot of money to be spending on a nylon band but Hermès truly does put unquestionable quality into their work.

Tl;dr : Side by side of fake and real Hermès nylon. It's pricey but the quality is on another level.

Attachments

• 8CB7025B-6E99-4BDE-BF94-046C55495A09.jpeg
    8CB7025B-6E99-4BDE-BF94-046C55495A09.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,561
  • 83109979-6CC5-4476-9F33-60C38C5FD4AA.jpeg
    83109979-6CC5-4476-9F33-60C38C5FD4AA.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 1,019
  • D53E5252-87B3-4E8D-AA5D-1D33F5B7DC68.jpeg
    D53E5252-87B3-4E8D-AA5D-1D33F5B7DC68.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 1,058

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I was cheap and bought a fake Hermès Noir/Bleu Saphir band on Amazon. Their leather is exceptional but I didn't think they could bring the same quality to something like a nylon band.

Got the fake and liked it. Wore it around for a week but then got curious and picked up the real thing, thinking I'd just return it if it was the same.

...it wasn't. The moment I held it, I was floored at the night and day difference. I don't think it even comes across in these photos. The colors are so rich and deep despite being dark, and they contrast beautifully. It's a lot of money to be spending on a nylon band but Hermès truly does put unquestionable quality into their work.

Tl;dr : Side by side of fake and real Hermès nylon. It's pricey but the quality is on another level.

Look the same to me

Novius89

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2020
I have the same with the braided loop from apple.
Friend has one from Ali express, looks the same as my original one, but the feel and quality is a difference between night and day

Reactions: limesmoothie

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020

Honestly never even knew these bands existed. Sucks that they only come with the black metallic parts, I think they would look classy with the typical stainless steel look.

Novanappa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2021
Honestly never even knew these bands existed. Sucks that they only come with the black metallic parts, I think they would look classy with the typical stainless steel look.
There's a whole line of Hermès bands. This one was made for the black one but the others are all stainless steel. Check out the Apple site and look up their "jumping tour" bands. I only really like the orange and blue in stainless steel. The others are kinda meh to me.

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
There's a whole line of Hermès bands. This one was made for the black one but the others are all stainless steel. Check out the Apple site and look up their "jumping tour" bands. I only really like the orange and blue in stainless steel. The others are kinda meh to me.
Funny that you mentioned the orange and blue band, its the one that caught my attention. Good taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.