I got it !!! R MBP !!!

ennui613

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
a few came into the ginza Tokyo store while I was waiting. I was there for like 4 so hours!!! the screen is simply beautiful. will put diablo on this baby when I get home!!! so happy!!! btw got the 2.6 version.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
a few came into the ginza Tokyo store while I was waiting. I was there for like 4 so hours!!! the screen is simply beautiful. will put diablo on this baby when I get home!!! so happy!!! btw got the 2.6 version.
Pictures.

Comment

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
With now 4-6 week wait...you might wanna resell that puppy for good $$$...congrats...we want a ton of pics...utube video would be a bonus!

Comment

ennui613

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I've been waiting to play that game for a long time that's why. anyways I'll post pix once I get back with my user name on a paper. the screen is crazy. so sharp. If u look closely at the txt or icons of the regular MacBook pro and the retina one, u can tell the difference so much. one is a bit pixel and the other smooth.

Comment

nars1l

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
What is with everyone putting Diablo on it first thing... ?
Diablo 2 is the first thing on any computer of mine after a fresh OS install, and has been since I got my first computer back in 2000.

And like the OP, I've had to wait to play Diablo 3 as my old computer can't handle Diablo 3.

It will most certainly be the first thing I put on my new RMBP!

Comment

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
I've been waiting to play that game for a long time that's why. anyways I'll post pix once I get back with my user name on a paper. the screen is crazy. so sharp. If u look closely at the txt or icons of the regular MacBook pro and the retina one, u can tell the difference so much. one is a bit pixel and the other smooth.
Haha with username on paper, this guy is a pro. Probably read the other thread though.

No $100 for you sorry :(

Comment

Nautilus007

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Diablo 2 is the first thing on any computer of mine after a fresh OS install, and has been since I got my first computer back in 2000.

And like the OP, I've had to wait to play Diablo 3 as my old computer can't handle Diablo 3.

It will most certainly be the first thing I put on my new RMBP!
Diablo 2 has been incompatible since lion release

Comment

ennui613

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
What for did you waited 4hr? There were lines?
I waited in he morning and when the store opened at 10 am they said there was none. I figured it could be possible shipments come in around noon time so I waited around the area and sat inside the apple store. when I saw all the employees reacting funny and whispering, I knew they had them in. that was like 2 pm. so I asked, and they said yes just got them, and I bought it!

----------

Haha with username on paper, this guy is a pro. Probably read the other thread though.

No $100 for you sorry :(
ya I read the other thread, haha. but rest assure, I'm going home now and will prove I'm not a fake :)

Comment

ennui613

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Comment

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
What is with everyone putting Diablo on it first thing... ?
Mac users have been waiting for a DECENT mobile gaming machine for a long, long time now. These new pros, especially retina model, are finally able to do that with the 650m. I know the first thing I'm going to do when I get mine is install Diablo 3. lol

Comment

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
I just picked up my new retina book from a third party reseller!!!????!!!! I phoned my local Apple store to be told they won't have any for at least 2 days perhaps a week. I then phoned AT Computers in Worcester and they told me they actually had two (one high end). Suffice to say I was down there like a shot :)

My model has a SM256e SSD, guessing this is Samsung, interested to see if Apple are using two different suppliers, toshiba and samsung still. Anyone with a Retina Book care to tell me your SSD model (Look in system info).

Comment

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx59/enigmazest/15b5709f.jpg
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx59/enigmazest/e349ad76.jpg
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx59/enigmazest/551a8cfb.jpg

sorry pix too big here's the links to them!! I have friend's over but I did try diablo a bit and the game auto adjusted settings to 1440x900 with AA on, everything on high and shadow medium, max foreground fps 150, max back fps 8. runs beautifully. how do I show fps on d3?
Press CMD+R while in game to show FPS ;)
How does it look at 1440x900? Any "blurriness"?

Comment

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I'm wondering if the stores have the 16GB RAM option, how much RAM does your have?

Comment

busterbluth

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
thanks for the updates.

What are your thoughts on
1) new speakers - is there really any bass (i will use airplay, but I'm just curious)
2) heat issues?

Thanks!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.