I got my i7 MBP but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erure, Apr 15, 2010.

1. erure macrumors regular

I got it exchanged very easily. Thanks for all your input :p

2. Cali3350 macrumors regular

I mean, if it REALLY bothers you try for the exchange.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

It's the kinda thing that would bother me constantly until fixed. I know it would. I would exchange it.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Hum...I'm going to play the skeptic, but that extra dot looks like it's been photoshopped on, and well, who would but their name on a photo like this?

I hereby mark this as some form of possible spam.

But on the other hand, if you are the photographer (and that is a fairly good shot) you might care for perfection, it's up to you and the nice people at the Apple Store.

5. JaZzMaN251 macrumors regular

JaZzMaN251

You've got an extra speaker hole for free!!! You'll have the highest volume!

J/K, if it bothers you, take it back. Otherwise it will be something you'll always look at.

6. Panzo macrumors 6502

7. harodude macrumors regular

Before I even read your note, I saw the extra dot on the speaker grille... Try to live with it, if not, go for an exchange! At least tell them about it and have it documented on their end..

8. robmac macrumors newbie

As small and insignificant as that looks.. it probably does stand out simply because it disturbs the pattern of the speaker hole-grid. If you really had to look for it though, I'd say keep it - otherwise call em up! Maybe they'll upgrade you like they've done to some others who found the first flaws.

9. erure thread starter macrumors regular

I can't really convince you otherwise -- you'll just have to take my word for it that the hole was not photoshopped on. :) Why would I do that? :confused: And the watermark is just a habit hehe

Anyway I think I'll take it back first thing tomorrow -- I don't want to inconvenience the people at the store even more by being a douche and sending it back after playing with it for two weeks when I know I'll ask for an exchange anyway.

And thank you for the compliment >_<

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

That picture made me check mine and whew no extra hole. :D

11. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I would just keep it,
    or even prefer it.
    I mean, it was done by Apple, so it's like having something unique and one of a kind.
    And if anyone ever decided to steal your laptop, you have something to easily recognize it from any other one.
    And it's not that noticeable either.

The reason I say that "it's from Apple" is that at least it's not some physical damage that you did yourself. I mean, you probably wouldn't be able to make a hole that perfect if you tried. I think it's pretty cool.

12. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Definitely exchange it considering you noticed it the first day. I have a tiny scratch near the hinge but it took 2 weeks for me to notice it so I never think about. On the other hand, the one speck of dust under my iphone screen drives me crazy while my 3 friends continue to use their iphones with completely shattered screens.

13. bettyblue macrumors newbie

bettyblue

The extra hole looks totally 'shopped once you zoom in; it even has a different shape.

14. the.snitch macrumors regular

the.snitch

+1

You'll end up with a few scratches and marks after months of heavy usage anyway, and so your nitpicking over such a minute detail that isn't really a problem, will look silly in retrospect.

Plus, I doubt apple will swap the unibody out for a new one at their end, probably just sell it on to someone less observant. If it passes apple QA, I doubt anyone else will notice.

I like to have details like this for the fact that you will always be able to tell which one is yours, without having to cover it with stickers etc too!

15. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm just VERY curious as to how that happened lol.

Maybe a disgruntled under paid chinese worker stuck a tooth pick in the aluminum while it was soft during the molding process?

16. koyou macrumors newbie

think positive. it could be an unique feature on your macbook pro, acting like a signature :)

17. huythanhv2 macrumors regular

+1 im not really intend to get one of this but if you have this i think it's kind of unique (and in not a very bad way)

18. laela macrumors regular

laela

Haha, you are so right. That is photoshopped. Totally fake.

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Interesting; you might actually get denied an exchange for that; the manager will think you're crazy.

20. dreamsandart macrumors member

if you've got a hole in the apple, there may be a worm inside...:rolleyes:

21. vant macrumors 65816

Exchange. I'm not going to settle for an extra hole. God knows if there is more defects hidden in this MBP.

22. zMudvayne macrumors member

Doubtful he would be denied an exchange. As "nit picky" as it is, I know I would exchange it immediately... That kind of flaw would grab my attention for hours, just like a dead pixel. If Apple will replace entre screens for one dead pixel, they will exchange computers for a physical hole (given you're within 2 weeks, beyond that maybe not).

23. thecheda macrumors 6502

Hole

You DID spend a lot of money on the system. Get it replaced.

24. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

This is obviously a photoshop/troll post.

Zoom in using any image editor and you will quickly see that the dot was photopshoped on there using a 5 pixel wide brush stroke.

You can notice that all the real holes are elliptical shaped and match the lighting/depth, while the dot in question is a 2d patch added on there.

25. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

Isn't that the rumored and much anticipated toothpick holder?