"I Got My iPhone 5 BookBook Case!"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tom2847, Nov 20, 2012.

1. tom2847 macrumors regular

....I will have mine tomorrow around 4:30pm but I'm just so freakin' excited for this thing. I've been waiting since iPhone 5 came out. Anyway, I want to see pictures of people who received theirs and maybe some reviews on what you Like/Don't Like about it.

Pictures would be nice!

2. Tito71 macrumors newbie

Got it today

Pros:
    - love the look
    - love the leather smell

Cons:
    - price + shipping (to Canada) + custom fees ! 59.99$ US + 15$US + 25.03$ CND for DHL custom fees...
    - the back panel (around the camera hole) is no straight (hard to explain)

Attached Files:

3. cuzo macrumors 6502

how big was the box it came in?

4. Tito71 macrumors newbie

the box is gone but lets say a dictionnary size one

5. cuzo macrumors 6502

thanks, would you recommend leaving in front of a apartment door?

6. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

Great! Thanks for posting them. Does the book stay closed or does it have to get worked in? And the first thing I noticed was that there is no red block like in the picture of BookBook on the website. On the brown book, there has a full red block that says Vol V.

[​IMG]

Whats up with that?

Is it thick when its closed? I wanna wear it in my front pocket but not sure it's gonna feel ok. How do you wear it?

7. Tito71 macrumors newbie

- it stays close (because there's no card, cash inside)
    - I got the black vintage one with the 2 red lines
    - too thick for my front pocket

8. golfgrouch macrumors member

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of this case? :confused:

9. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

Aww, so you think if a few cards go in there, its going to get fat and not shut?

Looks brown on my end. :x

What do you do, stick it in ur back pocket then? And sit on it? Not sure i can deal with my phone in my back pocket. ****. I love having my phone up front but Im sure it's gonna be too big.

Are you happy with the purchase? Looks like a cool little book when on the table?

10. cuzo macrumors 6502

It's gonna be thick when you stick 3 to 4 cards in there plus cash so you gotta decide if you way the bulk. Personally I don't mind because I know it's there so the added weight is a plus.

The appeal is the look and the fact that most people don't know it's your valuables and only see a small book so if you left it somewhere not saying it would happen but someone who's a potential their might think its worthless and give it back to you lol.

11. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Mine came too. Nicely made, but a little bigger/thicker than I was expecting. Still nice construction.

12. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

You're not alone. It's ugly.

13. rmbpuser macrumors 6502

Amen.

14. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

i think it's one of the ugliest cases going. my friend has one on her 4s, and when i saw it originally i thought it was some cheap junk case she bought of ebay for $1.99. ha was i wrong.

15. lunarken macrumors regular

16. meistervu macrumors 65816

It is the opposite of my style. I think it would have been cool as a case for a cassette player. I don't get it. How do you answer the phone? Folding the flap back? I think that alone would drive me nut.

17. Orbit224 macrumors newbie

Will the phone fit in the holder if it has a slim case around it? Also, how easy is it to take the phone out and put it back in the holder (for docking in the car)?

18. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

good god is that thing big, bulky and ugly. As someone who uses his iPhone naked I shuddered a little bit when I saw that thing.

19. duffc macrumors newbie

It's neither big nor bulky. My bookbook for iPhone4s the only case I've ever gotten compliments on and I've used cases from Draco, Electron, Element, SGP, and the list goes on. I did get a compliment on my Trunket backplate once while using my phone out of the BookBook. It's all personal preference of course.

[​IMG]

Does not look big, bulky, or ugly to me. Looks very simple and classy. Combining two products into one.

20. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Well in all fairness I find any case to be bulky since I only use a screen protector plastic front and back. but I still think it's horrendously ugly sorry :p

21. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I hate that the phone doesn't slide in anymore as they replaced it with basically a snap on the back case... And the thing I hate with BookBook is that the stitching around the front card slot digs into all screen protectors, and the case gets pretty bulky even if you only have a couple cards and bills in it.

22. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

23. RxMac macrumors 6502

Got my brown one today, love it, first time Bookbook user.

24. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

No I see none myself!! At all!!