Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
I dont have the actual case but from the looks of it its just going to to need some use to get worn in and then it should stay closed easier. Its not for me but i can see why people like it? Similar concept as the moleskin look-a-like cases

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
I've had the bookbook for iPhone 5 for about 2 weeks and I had the bookbook for the 4S before that. 80% of the time I have my headset. The rest of the time I have the rigorous duty of folding back the case and holding it awkwardly to my ear. I get it. For some people, the thought of doing that is inconceivable, but, for me, it's not that big a deal. I'm not religious, but I kinda dig the bible comments. I also like having my ID, CC's and phone together. Different strokes and trades offs.

But, sometimes, I like to use my Hex Solo. I still get to have my ID, CC's and phone together and easy access when I send and receive texts. But, oh no!! The screen is exposed to the elements. I guess I'll have to be a bit more careful. Different strokes and trade offs.

And other times, I like to carry my iphone naked. Why? To show off the greatness that is apple's design. But what about my ID and CC's? Damn, I guess I have to carry my wallet. ( I suppose I could go on a rant of the different wallets I have too, but that's for a different time and a different forum.) different strokes and trade offs.

/rant. carry on...

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I've had the bookbook for iPhone 5 for about 2 weeks and I had the bookbook for the 4S before that. 80% of the time I have my headset. The rest of the time I have the rigorous duty of folding back the case and holding it awkwardly to my ear. I get it. For some people, the thought of doing that is inconceivable, but, for me, it's not that big a deal. I'm not religious, but I kinda dig the bible comments. I also like having my ID, CC's and phone together. Different strokes and trades offs.

But, sometimes, I like to use my Hex Solo. I still get to have my ID, CC's and phone together and easy access when I send and receive texts. But, oh no!! The screen is exposed to the elements. I guess I'll have to be a bit more careful. Different strokes and trade offs.

And other times, I like to carry my iphone naked. Why? To show off the greatness that is apple's design. But what about my ID and CC's? Damn, I guess I have to carry my wallet. ( I suppose I could go on a rant of the different wallets I have too, but that's for a different time and a different forum.) different strokes and trade offs.

/rant. carry on...

Thanks for the response. I can relate to what you said.

I too was in search of a good case that doubles as a wallet. I bought a Speck FlexCard, used it for 2 weeks, and didn't care for it. It could only accommodate cards and no cash (may be a bill or two, but not practical). I often have to bring my wallet for cash so that defeats the purpose of a wallet case. Furthermore, the case was too thick and you can feel the cards while you hold the phone, which seems silly if you are home so I often remove the phone from the case which is a big hassle.

I ended up getting a Atelier Pall wallet to use with a naked iPhone. You can read about my review in the long Wallet/Pouch... thread. It works well for me: a fully functional wallet that is thin and beautifully made.

Back to the Bookbook, I saw that a lot of people love it. I wouldn't be practical for me for the reason you mentioned. I thought I might have missed something. Thanks for the first hand experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.