"I hate macs"

Kyouya

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Why do I have to go through this ****** debate everywhere? Met yet another one of these at my school project group. He started with a "I am a mac hater." followed by ****** comparisons, speeches about price, etc.

What the heck is this mac hate? **** gets old too quicky and I'm definitely not motivated enough to compare a 17"+ desktop replacement PC to a mac notebook.

/rant off

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Threads like this are just as bad. Perhaps you could just blog about it next time.

RubbishBBspeed

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
I just use the 'well It's like getting a lap dance from the ugly fat smelly girl at the end of the street, yeah she may have the right bits but you really wouldn't want to, as for a Mac..... Well that's Megan Fox.

And then walk away.

calderone

Suspended
Aug 28, 2009
Seattle
You will find that these things can go two ways (maybe more).

1. The person is a rational individual who will respond to reasonable arguments.

For example, I am the "Mac guy" at my support office. I have gotten into a debate with everyone there, even the hardcore Windows, and we have always arrived at this conclusion: Apple needs to work on making Macs more friendly for an Enterprise environment and they need a mid-tower.

2. The person is irrational and will not respond to any counter-argument to the tired rehashed anti-Mac arguments.

These people are not worth talking to.

To find out which one they are, simply say this: I am capable of responding to your claims but I would like to know if you are interested in a genuine debate. If you are not, I will gladly excuse myself.

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Why do I have to go through this ****** debate everywhere? Met yet another one of these at my school project group. He started with a "I am a mac hater." followed by ****** comparisons, speeches about price, etc.

What the heck is this mac hate? **** gets old too quicky and I'm definitely not motivated enough to compare a 17"+ desktop replacement PC to a mac notebook.

/rant off
We are not your personal blog.

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON

/rant off
Pro-tip: Both sides of the field are just as idiotic, the only way to win is to refuse to play

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Something windows user's are all to familiar with..... Alt Ctrl Del....

haha... i should have been a stand-up........ LOL

Maybe if you didn't get the order wrong; it's Control-Alt-Delete.

There is hope for you as a prop comic though. Someone has to follow Gallagher and Carrot Top.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006

/rant off
and you come here on a mac forums of all places yeah good luck with that :)

shivermetimbers

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
McChord, Wash
I dont really care these days. I love Apple....but I wont engage in any smear conversations toward PC or Mac.

Everyone has their own tastes...some prefer coke while others prefer pepsi (Mac/PC)...who cares? It sounds like they are trying to get you spun up on purpose.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
People who feel the need to attack others for decisions they make are insecure.

People who feel threatened by these attacks are also insecure.

Note: this goes equally for computer platform choice, Coke vs Pepsi, religion, etc.

Whether there is a "right" answer is irrelevant -- everyone is entitled to have their opinion, and nobody is entitled to push theirs down someone else's throat.

Aug 26, 2008
I just use the 'well It's like getting a lap dance from the ugly fat smelly girl at the end of the street, yeah she may have the right bits but you really wouldn't want to, as for a Mac..... Well that's Megan Fox.

And then walk away.
Really? Is that really what you do?

Anyway, I can see the merits of both OSes, and the fact is on this site there is a ton of windows hate (that someone will surely try to justify real soon) so it's a bit of a pot and kettle situation. Me personally, I can see why any one person would choose one OS over the other. They both work well for the most part with each system offering something the other doesn't.

People shouldn't be debating this stuff. Just use what you want to use and that's it.

Kyouya

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008

Anyway, I can see the merits of both OSes, and the fact is on this site there is a ton of windows hate (that someone will surely try to justify real soon) so it's a bit of a pot and kettle situation. Me personally, I can see why any one person would choose one OS over the other. They both work well for the most part with each system offering something the other doesn't.

People shouldn't be debating this stuff. Just use what you want to use and that's it.
This is how I feel basically, I don't find any motivation or reason to debate because I like and use both OS's.

Its the "mac user stereotype" I guess, which is completely wrong just like "nerd pc user" one.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
This is how I feel basically, I don't find any motivation or reason to debate because I like and use both OS's.

Its the "mac user stereotype" I guess, which is completely wrong just like "nerd pc user" one.
they're just jealous cuz we are way cool :cool: ;)

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA

BINGO. This is the right answer.