iPhone X I hate my iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CarboysDesire, May 30, 2018.

1. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

A close friend and I have been commiserating for the last few weeks. We both have had our phones for about half a year now I guess, and we both hate them. And it’s not just us, others we’ve talk to you can’t stand them as well.

The phone is too small. I am constantly hitting the side buttons during normal use and that never happened with my plus sized phones. I had to turn Siri off and that has saved me much grief, but I’m still hitting the on/off button in the middle of usage and turning the stupid thing off. Grrrrrr!

Face ID sucks for unlocking the phone, I’ll do I do quite like it in lieu of entering passwords in apps and on other sites where I am required to login, Such as this one. I much preferred unlocking the phone with my finger which I could do while the phone was laying flat on my desk. Now I have to pick it up and stare at the damn thing. Grrrrrr!

My friend says she has too many dropped calls but I never use my phone as a phone so that doesn’t happen to me.

Watching videos West better on my plus sized phones, and no matter how many times people say the screen is bigger it just isn’t. It’s a lie because in order to watch a video fullscreen you have to zoom in and then you lose some of the picture.

Switching between apps is not as easy as it used to be with a home button.

I’m sure I could name a few more but those are my main gripes.

The larger iPhone X phone that is coming is certain to alleviate some of these gripes but I honestly am going to have to think about whether I want to purchase that one or return to a Plus sized—-iPhone 9 Plus?

Ugh! I have been using iPhones since the original and I’ve loved every single one of them except this one. At this point I can’t even say that I like it.

Huge mistake.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2018 ---
    Sorry for the typos, but you can blame Siri because she sucks ass as well.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68030

So stop complaining and sell it and buy an 8 plus ? I solved your problem

3. fred98tj macrumors 6502

People just like to whine. OP knew the phone size so he/she can’t wack much about that.
    For me and so many others, FaceID works flawlessly.
    I’ve never accidentally hit any of the side buttons.
    Never had the phone drop a call.

Do as Closingracer recommended. Sell ‘em and move on with your life.
    :p

4. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

What is wrong with people?
    It's a phone, you didn't make a vow to love it and cherish, for richer or for poorer, or in sickness and in health
    If it isn't what you want, sell and get what you do want, there is no stigma for doing so
    Just like you would with anything else, car / toaster / guitar / anything

Just do it

5. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

It’s actually easier. Just swipe the bar at the bottom of the screen to switch between apps. But you probably didn’t realize this because you were too busy looking for things to complain about.

Best phone I’ve ever owned.

6. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

It’s the most fun I’ve ever had with an iPhone. Totally happy here.

7. Closingracer macrumors 68030

The iPhone X is the best iPhone I have ever owned for sure . I can say that much . I actually prefer Android but I need a phone that lasts all day and tbh the streamlined apps with iOS is nice as well .

8. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I don’t understand why make a thread about it instead of just doing the logical thing and switch phones o_O

Unless you’re just looking for a reaction.

9. Expobill macrumors regular

Expobill

10. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I'm no fan of the iPhone X for one particular reason, but I knew I was not getting this phone before it launched.

It took you about half a year to figure out you didn't like it?

Were you waiting for some undiscovered feature to suddenly pop out and make it all worth it?

Perhaps it's tough guy syndrome ("I'm tough, I can take this!)?

Self-loathing?

I don't understand why it should take half a year to figure out you don't like something. But I guess that's just me. I usually know inside of 24 hours (most of the time, the first five minutes) whether I like something or not.

11. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I also began to hate using my X, loved it the first while but Face ID was horrible with my use. Entering my password over and over all day long got more annoying with time. Sold it the other day .

12. now i see it macrumors 68000

I despised the X the day it was unveiled. Wanted nothing to do with it. That didn't take me 6 months. It took 6 minutes to see that it was definitely not for me.

13. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Well you got tired of it’s issues it sounds like .

14. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

Absolutely. Just wasn't as easy or as fast to use without Touch ID as I had become accustomed to.

15. Closingracer macrumors 68030

I agree but I find it easier with apps like your r bank and etc

16. Julienne macrumors member

Julienne

Honestly, I picked a 7 purely because it was something new and different from the 5. Realistically, the 7 would probably be more practical for me, but life is about changing experiences. You can always size up or down next time around.

“Get the phone that makes you happy, it's really as simple as that.”

17. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Honestly I went with a 7 because the 6 plus was huge in terms of bezels and hated it . Now I get the best of both worlds ( ugh Hannah Montana song in my head now lol) with the X

18. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Ok this OP just wanted to start something because he hasn’t responded yet ... seriously hate these kind of people. What’s the point then ? Does he even own one

19. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

20. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

It's only been a couple of hours, maybe they are busy with life.

21. Closingracer macrumors 68030

I doubt that ... I’ll bet he just wanted to start crap lol.

Plus Tapatalk is saying he is viewing forums as of 9 minutes ago

22. BigPictureGuy macrumors newbie

BigPictureGuy

You sound like someone that works for Samsung or something. Everything you mention sounds toolish, drinking haterade again like a jester?

Let’s see the iPhone X:

unlock with just a glance (done)
    All gesture UI, no buttons (done)
    Stainless steel bulletproof chassis (done)
    Apps that actually get vetted (done)
    Seamless interaction with ecosystem (done)
    A phone that actually holds its resale value (more than 60%) compared to less than 30 of any other brand (done)
    An OLED tuned for natural realistic tones that won’t torch your retina’s (done)

But go ahead and rant mourn cry us a river, your opinions are just plain like yogurt they got no flavor...

23. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

Maybe he/she is, but you're also being judgemental and kind of creepy. Sometimes people take time to reply.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2018 ---
    And you seem like you work for or are paid to defend Apple...........

24. JCCL macrumors 6502a

I love my iPhone X for the most part.............but I really despise Face ID with all my heart (ok, ok exaggerating a little). But really since 2013 that I got rid of my iPhone 5 I never had to input my password so often. Perfect alignment while in bed, trouble to recognize me under direct sunlight, having to pick it up or lean over to use it while on a desk......and the swipe up gesture if it works it is way more inconvenient for me and far less accurate that even TouchID on the iPhone 5S. I love the screen-size ratio, the look, wireless charging, the camera, fast charging when needed. All of that is amazing, but Face ID is really terrible in my experience.

25. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

There is no life outside of MacRumors. :eek: