Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
You sound like someone that works for Samsung or something. Everything you mention sounds toolish, drinking haterade again like a jester?

Let’s see the iPhone X:

unlock with just a glance (done)
All gesture UI, no buttons (done)
Stainless steel bulletproof chassis (done)
Apps that actually get vetted (done)
Seamless interaction with ecosystem (done)
A phone that actually holds its resale value (more than 60%) compared to less than 30 of any other brand (done)
An OLED tuned for natural realistic tones that won’t torch your retina’s (done)

But go ahead and rant mourn cry us a river, your opinions are just plain like yogurt they got no flavor...

And you sound just like the person you’re describing the other way around .

Vetted ? Umm google play store is just as safe
OLED that won’t torch your eyes ? Ummm Samsung makes this one as well and the ones on the note 8 I preferred .

Reactions: Breezygirl

BigPictureGuy

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2018
Maybe he/she is, but you're also being judgemental and kind of creepy. Sometimes people take time to reply.
[doublepost=1527737783][/doublepost]
And you seem like you work for or are paid to defend Apple...........

I owned an iPhone 7 traded in for an S8 plus which was so damn flimsy. But thanks for assuming. I’ll stick with what has the overall best combination of features, ecosystem and resaleabilty.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I owned an iPhone 7 traded in for an S8 plus which was so damn flimsy. But thanks for assuming. I’ll stick with what has the overall best combination of features, ecosystem and resaleabilty.

If the s8 plus is flimsy so is the iPhone 8 and X ... seriously you have no clue

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I realize this is a place to voice opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours, but I don’t get the passionate hate for a device that I find to be the best I’ve ever owned and a huge step beyond the 7 Plus I previously had. Different strokes, I guess. My advice: don’t waste another minute hating your phone. Swap it out.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Funny... I was just thinking today how much I appreciate the iPhone X. What made me think that was while taking some photo and video in low light that turned out quite nice. I was worried because I didn’t have my Olympus with me, but the X did well.

I also love, love, love FaceID. I still have an iPad with TouchID, and FaceID is a better experience for me.

I could see thinking it’s too small if you are used to the Plus phones, but the plus phones are way too big for me.

I’ve never had any issues with dropped calls... or anything else that I can think of.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Funny... I was just thinking today how much I appreciate the iPhone X. What made me think that was while taking some photo and video in low light that turned out quite nice. I was worried because I didn’t have my Olympus with me, but the X did well.

I also love, love, love FaceID. I still have an iPad with TouchID, and FaceID is a better experience for me.

I could see thinking it’s too small if you are used to the Plus phones, but the plus phones are way too big for me.

I’ve never had any issues with dropped calls... or anything else that I can think of.

Maybe he has sprint lol*

* joke I have sprint and it’s fine

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Whatever. Not everyone has nothing better to do. I sometimes post then get busy for a few hours or read replies a while before posting. It's a forum, people reply when they want to.

If you read his post you can clearly tell he’s just asking for attention tbh. If he hated the phone so much he would of sold it by now and get an iPhone 8, plus or something else .

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
So many people make the mistake of thinking the X’s screen is bigger than a Plus lol. It’s just the 4,7” screen with some extra height. Video displays at the same exact size as it does on a regular iPhone. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m a Plus user and I’m waiting for the X Plus.

untg

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
AU

Same here.
I was pretty apprehensive about the iPhone X however the things I love about it.
  • Excellent battery life
  • FaceID is great, even in the dark
  • Photo quality is incredible and always look just amazing as well as slo-mo, and it's great in low-light
  • The speed of the thing
  • Way easier to exit and display running apps than other i(phones) with the button
  • Having no headphone jack is a non-issue due to the 3.5mm adaptor provided, the lightning headphones provided, and bluetooth
  • No malware that I do or don't know about (sorry android people had to add that in)
  • No bloatware (sorry again couldn't help myself)
  • Animoji's are fun and cool
  • ARKit provides some neat apps like augmented measuring app and ways to map out your home inside an app
  • No dead space around the screen means the screen size is the same or larger than most other similarly sized phones

PhoneMe1

Suspended
Mar 23, 2018
Correct me if I’m wrong.

Ok, you are wrong.
[doublepost=1527747396][/doublepost]
I love my iPhone X for the most part.............but I really despise Face ID with all my heart (ok, ok exaggerating a little). But really since 2013 that I got rid of my iPhone 5 I never had to input my password so often. Perfect alignment while in bed, trouble to recognize me under direct sunlight, having to pick it up or lean over to use it while on a desk......and the swipe up gesture if it works it is way more inconvenient for me and far less accurate that even TouchID on the iPhone 5S. I love the screen-size ratio, the look, wireless charging, the camera, fast charging when needed. All of that is amazing, but Face ID is really terrible in my experience.

Be FREE, turn it off for unlock, you only need password if not touched for 4 hours, its Brilliant :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have frequented MacRumors enough to know that these threads surface at least once a week where someone says “I hate my iPhone X”, “Face ID sucks”, “The iPhone X is too expensive and I over paid for it”. I’m not being dismissive of discussion, but you don’t need to start a thread on something like this, you can simply sell your device and upgrade to something else that you like. No one forces anyone to keep an iPhone they don’t like. Its relatively a simple concept.

Also, I also find out that the majority likely outside a tech forum seem very content with the iPhone X, it’s just a very small vocal minority they voice their opinion on the Internet.

Last edited:

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

Cool you got some out of nowhere websites ? Please . As somebody who actually used Android in the past and probably again in the future and have no stake in this childish fanboy crap I can tell you you’re just as safe on Android as iOS as long as you stay on the store . If you download apps from outside the play store then ymmv. See nowhere in your “proof” dictates if it’s store apps or android apps . I’ve regularly changed passwords and so forth and never had a issue on Android or iOS .

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
A close friend and I have been commiserating for the last few weeks. We both have had our phones for about half a year now I guess, and we both hate them. And it’s not just us, others we’ve talk to you can’t stand them as well.

The phone is too small. I am constantly hitting the side buttons during normal use and that never happened with my plus sized phones. I had to turn Siri off and that has saved me much grief, but I’m still hitting the on/off button in the middle of usage and turning the stupid thing off. Grrrrrr!

Face ID sucks for unlocking the phone, I’ll do I do quite like it in lieu of entering passwords in apps and on other sites where I am required to login, Such as this one. I much preferred unlocking the phone with my finger which I could do while the phone was laying flat on my desk. Now I have to pick it up and stare at the damn thing. Grrrrrr!

My friend says she has too many dropped calls but I never use my phone as a phone so that doesn’t happen to me.

Watching videos West better on my plus sized phones, and no matter how many times people say the screen is bigger it just isn’t. It’s a lie because in order to watch a video fullscreen you have to zoom in and then you lose some of the picture.

Switching between apps is not as easy as it used to be with a home button.

I’m sure I could name a few more but those are my main gripes.

The larger iPhone X phone that is coming is certain to alleviate some of these gripes but I honestly am going to have to think about whether I want to purchase that one or return to a Plus sized—-iPhone 9 Plus?

Ugh! I have been using iPhones since the original and I’ve loved every single one of them except this one. At this point I can’t even say that I like it.

Huge mistake.
[doublepost=1527727287][/doublepost]

Sorry for the typos, but you can blame Siri because she sucks ass as well.

Sell it & stop moaning.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
The phone is too small. I am constantly hitting the side buttons during normal use and that never happened with my plus sized phones. I had to turn Siri off and that has saved me much grief, but I’m still hitting the on/off button in the middle of usage and turning the stupid thing off. Grrrrrr!

My friend says she has too many dropped calls but I never use my phone as a phone so that doesn’t happen to me.

In that case you should sale the iPX and buy iPad Mini or Pro (depends how big you like them) with cellular - problem solved. ;)

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Cool you got some out of nowhere websites ? Please . As somebody who actually used Android in the past and probably again in the future and have no stake in this childish fanboy crap I can tell you you’re just as safe on Android as iOS as long as you stay on the store . If you download apps from outside the play store then ymmv. See nowhere in your “proof” dictates if it’s store apps or android apps . I’ve regularly changed passwords and so forth and never had a issue on Android or iOS .

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2017/11/new-trojan-malware-discovered-google-play/

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2017/10/yet-more-mobile-adware-found-in-google-play/

Unless MalwareBytes' blog is not a reputable enough source?

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

Because we never ever had those issues on iOS ever in the lifetime of os ? Don’t download stupid apps and you’ll be fine which goes well on iOS or Android. I’ve been using Android since Android 2.3 and never had any issues. Download the core apps and you’ll be fine. The google play store is virtually ( close enough margin)as safe as the App Store now. Even then it could just be a matter similar to how it is with windows and MacOS. Just more people have Android phones ( by volume of the OS) so you’ll see more.

The core apps I mean like Snapchat, instagram, Facebook and the usual games like candy crush and etc. not the weird flash light apps made by theseguysmakesapps or whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.