I hereby guarantee, there will be a redesigned larger screen iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

There just has to be. What these other people are saying left and right that there will be only a 4s announced at this OCT 4th event are wrong. Nobody knows because it's a well hidden surprise. I guarantee it will happen. It's just what we expect so Apple has a history of delivering that. Keep believing.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I agree 100%. Apple is too smart to let us down. I have a feeling it will at least be as good as the iPad 1 to iPad 2 transition, if not better.

3. ap3604, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

Also breaking: There will be rapture on May 21st, 2011... there just has to be!

Oh wait...

Er... I mean I guarantee that the Mayan calendar end of the world will happen on Dec 21st, 2012! It just has to be true!

Keep believing right? :rolleyes:

4. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Well seeing how you are putting a guarantee on it I feel much better. Hey can you guarantee that the Yankees will win tonight.

5. applefan289 macrumors 68000

We're talking about Apple here. Apple always lives up to expectations (or exceeds).

6. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

So can you say that same about getting a billion dollars? Obviously you have magical words and/or you can tell the future.

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

No, it's just that both him and I know Apple. And Apple doesn't play around when it comes to marketing and business techniques. They are only growing.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Except when they are thinking towards the future and know that people will buy their iPhone 4s regardless if its a minor spec bump... So they hold back the iPhone 5 until next year and release it as the "totally redesigned iPhone 6" and keep people coming back for more ;)

9. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Well, if they redesign it like from iPad 1 to iPad 2 and call it a 4S, I'm still happy. To me that would be an iPhone 5.

Another question I have is why would they redesign the iPad 2 one year later, but not the iPhone which is even more popular than the iPad?

There has to be an iPhone 5.

10. chris-st macrumors newbie

I hope you're right and I'll take your word for it, because I agree Apple will most likely have a lot more ready than an update. But no 4S as well? They might even surprise you

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If not larger screen, it has to be at least called iPhone 5. I can't imagine them saying "We'd like to show you the 5th generation of the iPhone, sporting an A5 and running on iOS 5 ... the iPhone 4S!"

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Glad u guaranteed it, now I can go on with my life :D

13. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

For me, the fact that iPhone cases for a 4 inch screen are all over China is the best guarantee. I believe the cases that AT&T took into their inventory recently are of similar size. These people must have confirmed information on the size of the phone, which is for a 4 inch screen, before making financial decisions like that.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Exactly ..... All this 4GS talk is pure crap!!!!!

15. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I hope they call it a "4s" and it IS redesigned, has a larger screen and a front LED. JUST TO PISS YOU ALL OFF.

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

ha. ha.

[​IMG]

17. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Why would that piss us off? Who cares what they call it. As long as it's a significant upgrade, we'll be happy.

18. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

:confused: What the hell.

:cool:

19. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I think plenty of people "care" what they call it.... Look at the first 25 threads, haha.

Obviously I'm joking. But at this point I am so numb from the rumors that I think it would be hilarious if they called it something totally different.

20. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

It would be one of the biggest deceptions in Apple history for sure. When was the last time Apple totally disappointed its customers?

The 3GS was acceptable since the 3G was WAY too slow so that "S" was really needed. Smartphone competition wasn't that big at that time and we waited 1 year, not 1 and a half. And there were other features like compass, video recording and oleophobic screen coating that were much appreciated.

People expected the original iPad to run OS X. They forgave that it ran iOS when they were told it was half the price they expected.

The iPad 2 was good, people expecting a 2048*1536 display were being unreasonable. Not 1 but 2 cameras, new design and from 13 to 8 mm thick was impressive.

All recent Macs refresh were good. They took away the Whitebook which was the only ripoff IMO.

Everywhere stating Apple hardware "fails" stop at the G4 Cube, which was released over 10 years ago. The original Apple TV kind of sucked but since it was a new type of product nobody had expectation set for it prior to its announcement.

21. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'm with you on that

22. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

As absurd as you thing the OP's post is, yours beats it. Since you now have a magic, future seeing device that shows that everyone will still buy a spec bumped "4S", can you please post tomorrows winning power ball #'s as well? It would really help me out right now.

And I got news for you. At the speed mobile technology is moving right now, I see Apple releasing a redesigned iPhone every single year, starting this Tuesday. And the more time goes by, technology only going to move faster and faster. Apple isn't "saving" anything to "keep people coming back for more". They're bored with iPhone 5 at this point and already working on the next 2 or 3 generations.

ANYONE who thinks we are getting only a 4S this Tuesday, is 100%, dead wrong. And I will GLADLY accept the flaming I deserve if I am incorrect.

23. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

More like, Apple has very little competition for their iPad 2. Yet they redesigned that anyway.

The iPhone is worth half the Apple business, and if they don't deliver an amazing iPhone 5, after such a long wait, then it's just pathetic.

24. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

That and that fact that Apple is acutely aware of what people expect so the best guess is sometimes to assume you will get what you want...

25. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

iPhone -> iPhone 3G: total redesign

iPad -> iPad 2: total redesign

I expect next year's iPad to look almost identical to this year's model, just as the 3G and 3GS looked the same.

What's unclear to all of us is whether the iPhone 4's design will be scrapped after a single year. I want the teardrop but I'm not persuaded Apple needs to give us a new form factor this year to continue to dominate.