Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Cause I really don't like when applications close because of the lack of RAM.

When you launch some apps it causes the others to close , and it's annoying, especially with Skype which disconnects when you load other apps.

As "smart" as iOS' multitasking is, it still uses and depends on memory and I really hope the next iPhone has 1GB RAM.

Dual core A5
1GB RAM
8MP Camera
2MP Front camera
64GB model

And you've got a winner Apple.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I would like 1GB of RAM too, but I'm surprised 512MB isn't enough. Anyways, I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS. Its enough but could be a bit better.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
yeah thats pretty much what i want too.. also a new design wouldn't hurt.. it's always awesome to flash an new iPhone ;D

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I'm glad you guys agree.

If it does not have 1GB RAM, I don't think I'll be buying it.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
A 2MP Camera on the front would be really nice. I'd most want this better camera on the iPad more though, because the screen is bigger and you see more detail. For now, I'm happy with the iPhone 4's current front camera.

This. The back camera is fine, the front camera is my main concern. We have VGA now, imagine 2MP!? Would be great for video calls.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
I'm glad you guys agree.

If it does not have 1GB RAM, I don't think I'll be buying it.

i really hope for that too. when i play trees of doom and i have more than 5 apps in the bar it lags. i have to erase them before it gets better. 1 gb would be nice.

This. The back camera is fine, the front camera is my main concern. We have VGA now, imagine 2MP!? Would be great for video calls.

its ok but 2 mp would be great. its really bad on the ipad where the screen is so big. they both need 2mp front and 1 gb ram imo

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah! Also, for all the people who use the front facing camera to take group pictures it wont be as pixelated and what now.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
Dual core A5
1GB RAM
8MP Camera
2MP Front camera
64GB model

Add a few things:

4G LTE capability
NFC capability
Maybe make it a quad-core processor, just to keep up with the quad-core Android phones coming out in a few months.

NOW, you've got a winner Apple.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
Add a few things:

4G LTE capability
NFC capability
Maybe make it a quad-core processor, just to keep up with the quad-core Android phones coming out in a few months.

Unless they can come up with some INSANE battery, then no. 4G eats battery as it is, a quad core processor isn't even possible yet, not to mention there's no use for it and it would just eat the battery even more

Pmoser

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Add a few things:

4G LTE capability
NFC capability

4g not in it confirmed by apple
NFC good idea would still take a while for it to become popular.
Quad core hasnt even hit tablets yet how could it be on the iphone but i wouldn't rule it out for the ipad 3

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i think apple's going to opt for 768mb. since iOS is more polished than android, i think 768mb would be enough.

wish it will be 1GB too.

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not so sure if I see this happening, the iPad 2 only has 512 AFAIK, and it runs perfectly. It would be nice, but as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure it's entirely needed

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Apple doesn't give out the RAM specifications on the iPhone/iPad right? Only way to find out is to wait for a full teardown once the product is released?

iJays

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009

When you launch some apps it causes the others to close , and it's annoying, especially with Skype which disconnects when you load other apps.

As "smart" as iOS' multitasking is, it still uses and depends on memory and I really hope the next iPhone has 1GB RAM.

Dual core A5
1GB RAM
8MP Camera
2MP Front camera
64GB model

it is not about the specs, it is the experience....of apps closing caused by low specs :apple:

mysterioustko

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2011
Unless they can come up with some INSANE battery, then no. 4G eats battery as it is, a quad core processor isn't even possible yet, not to mention there's no use for it and it would just eat the battery even more

quad core is possible Nvidia has already been doing live demos of their quad core processors. They will be released in phones 4th quarter this year. As for features, I think they should add nfc since come 2012 it will pick up. You can make the argument for more ram. I think they should make the home button a capacitive button (capacitive buttons are much easier to hit when the phone is in a mount). Also hdmi output with full mirroring would be a nice add.

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom

Dual core A5
1GB RAM
8MP Camera
2MP Front camera
64GB model

Good post. Totally agree! Fingers crossed!

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
quad core is possible Nvidia has already been doing live demos of their quad core processors. They will be released in phones 4th quarter this year. As for features, I think they should add nfc since come 2012 it will pick up. You can make the argument for more ram. I think they should make the home button a capacitive button (capacitive buttons are much easier to hit when the phone is in a mount). Also hdmi output with full mirroring would be a nice add.

HDMI isn't even on their computer line up, not going to see it on a phone.

Quad core may be possible, but with the iPhone certain to have 4G next year, the phone would realistically die with 3 hours of usage max. As of right now, none of this has even been figured out, dual core is still being worked on.

bartzilla

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008
While we're talking nonsense, it should come with a pony. And it should have 4Gb of ram, after all my laptop has more these days. And 500Gb of storage. Oh and it should be smaller, and lighter and cost less. And it should run flash video at 1080p resolution. And have a 30 hour battery life while doing so.

flipster

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Boston
While we're talking nonsense, it should come with a pony. And it should have 4Gb of ram, after all my laptop has more these days. And 500Gb of storage. Oh and it should be smaller, and lighter and cost less. And it should run flash video at 1080p resolution. And have a 30 hour battery life while doing so.

You forgot the 1920x1200 resolution!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.