I hope it doesn't get released.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EquilibriumGroup, Aug 21, 2011.

1. EquilibriumGroup macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

Like the tittle said.. I hope iPhone 5 isn't released till 2012..

There is no need for an upgrade. The FIVE should have a huge release next June with all the features apple are thinking about and testing right now..

Way too early for a new device.

#justsaying

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

To each their own. I think the iPhone is overdue for an upgrade.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I hope the money tree I planted grows.
    Oh sorry, I thought this was the what I hope for thread....

4. Muro, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011

Muro macrumors 6502

Hahahaha.....I think he just signed a 2 year plan with the 4. Bummer 4 you man but don't spoil it for the rest :)

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just buy it when it has the features you want
    If the iPhone 5 doesn't have them... pass and wait

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

a lot of people are ready for the new iPhone 5 ... you should just wait for iPhone 6

7. EquilibriumGroup, Aug 21, 2011

EquilibriumGroup thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)
    LOL..

I've have every single device since day 1. And now an official AppDev. Deffo not just signed up to a contract.

I'm jus saying is there really a need out there for an upgrade?

Think.

8. shandyman Suspended

yes there is.

9. Muro macrumors 6502

I was just assuming man. I like the dryness of your post, the majority of the folks overhere would want to own the iPhone 5 yesterday instead of tomorrow and hate waiting. And here you come by dropping a bomb in the form of
    "Hey folks let's wait a bit more" ...I find it hilarious, it's gold!

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Are you one of the people who impulsively bought an iPhone 4 recently and regret your decision?

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Are you out of your freaking mind??????!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

12. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

How is it too early for a new device? It's been a year and a couple of months? I think it is ready for a new iPhone.

13. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

What do you want me to say? I'm proud of you? Anyone can pay $99 a year and call themselves a dev, and yes, there is definitely need for an upgrade.

Apple needs to stay competitive and i'm sorry, but they're running dry on people's patience who expect to see a new model every year.

A lot of things are needed on the iPhone that may not seem like much to many, but they are really important assets in the modern cell market.

1.) A larger screen is becoming a market standard. Most smartphones have a larger screen than the iPhone. People want it.

2.) Dual core processor. This is for the techies. I'm sick of laggy websites, or safari crashing because too many processes are happening at once.

3.) NFC. This isn't as mainstream, but it definitely is important to a lot of people.

4.) More RAM, for more active multitasking.

Those are just four things, not to mention things that aren't even on phones yet. Apple is successful because they stay ahead. They made the first easy to use MP3 players and had success. They made the first true smartphone, and had success. They beat everyone to the tablet market, and had success.

Just because you can't think of anything the iPhone needs, doesn't mean other people can't. Apple has proven time and time again that they are more creative than almost any other tech company and that's why i'll stand by them till the end, or at least until that notion has changed.

14. sth macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 has been the companies flagship phone for 14 months now – that's unheard of in the modern smartphone business. Furthermore, releasing the iPhone 5 won't make the iPhone 4 any worse.

Yes, a big one for us developers: It's called A5 and it's more than just a simple speed bump.

15. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

He just paid the $99 for the Dev tag. He doesn't know anything about the A5, or it's advantages.

16. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

17. macinnv macrumors regular

My expectations for iPhone 5 couldn't be higher. Lte and big screen here we come!!!! One more month!!!

18. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Don't get your hopes up for LTE.

19. fireshot91, Aug 21, 2011

fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

They don't stay ahead. They wait.

They made the first easy to use MP3 play after MP3 players were out for a long time.

They didn't make the first 'true smartphone'. Smartphones existed long before the iPhone.

There were tablets too before the iPad. They didn't beat everybody to it.

Okay, true, they made them all successful, and had great success doing it.

20. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

An iPhone 5 upgrade is way overdue. If there 1. Isn't an upgrade this year, or 2, the upgrade isn't very good, there's a chance I'll switch back to Android, if Ice Cream Sandwich becomes worth it.

I know I can't be the only one

21. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

You sound like an iPhone 4 owner with buyers remorse.
    Afraid that the rumors might come true? That the iPhone 5 might be the biggest jump ever, and far greater than the iPhone 4?

In all honesty, looks like the iPhone coming out in October, the iPhone 5, will the a huge release.

The only big feature that the iPhone 5 will be missing, is LTE.

22. mikelegacy, Aug 21, 2011

mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

The IDEA of an MP3 player was out there, but they were the first to do it successfully.

Same as with the first ever PC back in the days of the Apple 1. PC users should be kissing Apple's ass because the PC wouldn't be the same without them.

Tablets were out in VERY limited form when the iPad was released. Apple was the first to use a successful capacitive touch screen.

They might not ALWAYS have the original idea when it comes to the overall product, but they sure as hell innovate the features and make the device the industry standard.

As for the iPhone not being the first true smartphone? What was out there? The next best thing was a blackberry and that is NOT a smart phone.

----------

Ice cream sandwich's get all melty and crap. Gross.

23. Muro macrumors 6502

You had the Nokia refridgerator 99...someting?!

24. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Have fun on Android. I made the mistake of selling my 3GS for a Nexus One because it was "newer". Worst tech decision I've ever made.