I just bought the new 2013 imac thread

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Serban, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

So let us know what configuration you ordered/bought and maybe some test/benchmarks etc for every combination

i am waiting for here in my country to place an order to my reseller :

27" 3.4 Ghz i5 quad core
    8Gb Ram(maybe next year or when i will need i buy more ram)
    1T PCIe Fusion Drive
    780M

2. blanka macrumors 68000

Go for the i7 if you can. It is a way faster machine. Drives and RAM can be tweaked yourself.

3. Serban thread starter Suspended

i dont do heavy tasking to take advantage of the i7

4. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

We ordered ours this weekend (9/21/13) assuming it would be the late 2012 version. When I found out on Monday the new ones had been released, I called Apple right away. They informed me we'd be getting the new version, so here's what's coming:

27" iMac
    - 3.5Ghz i7
    - 3TB Fusion Drive
    - GTX 780M 4GB
    - 8GB RAM (I will be upgrading to 32GB with aftermarket RAM)

Should be a nice replacement for my Early 2009 iMac.

5. Serban thread starter Suspended

6. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Has any of yours shipped yet? Mine is showing Oct 5-9. But my credit card has been charged already.

7. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I got the base model 21.5 and am happy with it. It's so thin(upgraded from a mid/late 2009) model.

I upgrade pretty frequently so I am good with this for 2-3 years then I'll sell it and upgrade again.

8. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Ordered this yesterday:

27" i7, 512gb Flash, 780m

Going to upgrade to 16gb around Christmas, was briefly considering just letting Apple do it and be done with it as it's only $180 with student discount.

Should arrive 8/3-8/7. Really hoping for 8/3 so I have it for the weekend!

9. theironheath macrumors newbie

theironheath

Ordered This Morning, got the following spec

• 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB
    • 3TB Fusion Drive
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5

been waiting a while to order this, nearly ordered the top spec 2012 model last week, but just has a funny feeling that this week would see the updates , so happy days! :D

10. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I'm waiting until the Mac Pro have official specs and pricing to make a decision.

If the Mac Pro isn't what I'm looking for then I'll be going with a:
    27" i7, 780M, 512MB SSD
    will upgrade RAM and add another widescreen monitor.

11. iamdannygreen macrumors newbie

I placed my order on Friday for the 27inch, contacted apple today and they confirmed that I will be receiving the 2013 rather than the late-2012, but what is annoying is that because the item has changed they've said I won't be able to track it and they couldn't confirm a delivery window for me. :confused:

----------

[UPDATE] , I've just received a new order confirmation from Apple, reflecting the change in delivery date to 4th - 8th Oct rather than my original 30th Sept.

12. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

Ordered this as my 1st Mac - very excited :)

Attached Files:

• Mac.jpg
      Mac.jpg
      File size:
      40.9 KB
      Views:
  13. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

3.5GHz i7
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    GeForce GTX 775M 2GB

Due between 3 and 5 October

14. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

Just grabbed a 27" iMac on student discount with these upgrades..

• 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB
    • 3TB Fusion Drive

Excited for the glare reduction as well. :)

Delivers: 10/9 - 10/11

15. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I am going to buy one with the following specs:

3.5ghz i7
    16gb of ram
    1tb fusion
    GeForce GTX 775M

I am tempted to go for a 3tb fusion but its too costly, I am trying not to spend a lot of money in the case that if next years iMac will get an retina i will not loose too much on resale, otherwise if does not come out next year i can always upgrade the HDD.

16. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Apple is indicating delivery should occur between 10/5 and 10/9. We are all very excited around here, although my son is a big jealous since his i5 Asus laptop will no longer be the fastest computer in the house.

17. LowVoltage macrumors newbie

I know the OP said to post what we've purchased, however I have not yet ordered one.

Whatever size I order, it will definitely have the i7 option (so, basically the higher-end half of each size) and the Fusion/1tb drive. If I go with the 21.5" model I may consider doubling the base 8gb memory.

Having said that, I'm more than a little annoyed the only way to get the best GPU option is to go with the 27" model. I simply don't need a screen that large. Nor can my current desk accommodate it. More importantly, my budget already considered paying premiums for the external storage I need and Apple Care. It only worked if I bought the smaller screen. All that is dashed by being forced into the larger model, only because I need the better GPU (and I mean I really do need the better GPU, there's no way around it for me).

Sorry for the rant. I just don't understand why the 21.5" model can't get even one "buy-up" option for the graphics. I think it would make a lot of people happy.

18. automan98 macrumors member

Purchased the following. Arrives 10/4.

21.5"
    2.7 Ghz
    Upgraded to 16 GB from 8 GB
    Upgraded to Fusion Drive

This configuration is more than enough for me. I already use a Macbook Air with 4GB of RAM, 1.7 i5 and there's nothing that hasn't met my needs there (with 256 GB drive). I may not need the memory, but would like to have it since it can't be installed later. I'm not concerned about having speeds faster than the 2.7 Again, my Macbook Air has worked out fine. The Iris video card is more than enough and with the extra memory I have no concerns about the integrated aspect of it. Extra memory provides me with running a Windows 7 VM in Mac with no worries.

19. macronerd macrumors newbie

Been waiting all year to order my first iMac :)
    27 inch
    • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB
    • 1TB Fusion Drive

Arrives Oct 4-8 in Orange County.

20. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

You're all making me so jealous :mad:

I'm paying off my car at the end of this month, so it looks like I'll be waiting till Christmas! Ugh!

21. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Also waiting on the new MacPro specs/benchmarks, and price. If that thing starts off at $2500 (hey, I can dream), then I'll just use my current 27" iMac as a screen. The new iMac as configured the way I want is already over $2500. :rolleyes:

22. Serban thread starter Suspended

lots of people i see ordered the i7 instead of i5...it is a difference?
    i ask because for my work i dont need but for my kid who play some games do we need i7 for that?

23. StefanG, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

StefanG macrumors newbie

Received my imac on Monday after waiting for the Haswell update for quite some time.... I ordered it with the i7, GTX 680 MX and 768GB SSD upgrades. I upgraded the memory to 32GB (Crucial). Next day the Haswell model was released and I called Apple in Singapore on Wednesday and asked for a replacement/upgrade. Everything worked out fine and the current one will be picked up on the 4/10 and the Haswell based should arrive between 14/10 - 21/10. The date will be probably adjusted because Apple Singapore has no details in relation to the BTO version at this stage. Nevertheless seems to be a stressful upgrade with quite helpful Apple staff on the phone line. New configuration is quite similar with the i7, GTX 780M and 1TB SSD plus my 32GB memory moduls. I am pretty sure the 32GB upgrade is a little bit over the top even if I am spending quite some time using DXO Optics Elite for RAW to JPG conversation but memory is cheap right now and I would like to keep the machine as it is for some time. Quite a mind change compared to regular updates of my (no longer existing) high end gaming machine...

24. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

As a Canadian I would like to thank Tim Cook for now charging us a extra $50 over are American brothers :mad:

25. Aameiel, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013

Aameiel macrumors regular

Aameiel

I just got my new iMac in the mail few days ago :( should i return it for the new one ?? can i even do that ?? also is there really a huge difference between them ? Here are the stats of the one i have.

21.5"
    3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    1 TB Fusion

If there isn't a huge difference then I'll just stay with what i have.

Thanks