Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
*signs*

Been waiting for this forever, well at least a year. My Delivery Date is September 10th which works out perfectly because I'm home all day on Friday :D

((All this talk of delivery dates make it sound like I'm having a baby xD))

cgoodwin22

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Can't wait! My wife got me a 64 gig itouch on 8/17...i'm returning it to best buy tonight.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Woot! I ordered as soon as the page refreshed and have my confirmation number. I can't believe how giddy I am about this...sickening!:D

CrazedMuggle

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Nova Scotia
If no ones there to sign for the delivery, what happens? I have school all week and my parents aren't home during the day so I'm not sure what to do...

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
1 Day for me, can't wait any longer and Friday is the best possible day of next week for me to get it.

cgoodwin22

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
If no ones there to sign for the delivery, what happens? I have school all week and my parents aren't home during the day so I'm not sure what to do...

yeah i wonder also...the box can't be that big...they could just put it in the mailbox!

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008

FedEx will leave a note on the door scheduling a redelivery date (they'll give you the date on the note), if there's nobody to pick it up that day then they'll try one more time. After that you'll need to pick it up at the FedEx shipping center (which you can do at any time as long as it's there and not out for delivery).

LuckyRice

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2008
aww man, mine isn't coming until the 13-16 window ..... and i probably woulnd't be able to get it until the week after that since i'll be in dorm T.T

32gb with engraving ^^

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010

They'll leave a note and you'll have to pick it up either at the post office, UPS, FEDEX or whomever they shipped with.

ryan102

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
hmm can't check my status, keep getting 'Can't connect to application instance' message when I go to order status

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
got mine preordered!!!10-14th!!!!i cannot wait!!!!been waiting since christmas for it and it did not dissapoint when i saw it!!such a sexy looking thing!!!

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
They'll leave a note and you'll have to pick it up either at the post office, UPS, FEDEX or whomever they shipped with.

It might very well be Indirect Signature via Fedex. This means that if you aren't home to sign, they leave you a little piece of paper you can sign, and then leave on the door. They'll try again the next day, and that piece of signed paper will serve as your signature.

Also though, the last time I got something shipped Fedex from Apple, they emailed me a Fedex sign-off sheet, allowing me to "pre-sign" for the package. Basically you print it out, fill out the very short form, sign it, and leave it on your door. Same deal, it'll serve as your signature and Fedex leaves your box wherever you tell them to (there's checkboxes on the form for Front Door, Back Door, Garage, Other, etc).

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I prob wait until amazon has them in stock as I don't want to pay sales tax. Guess its finally time to upgrade my 1st gen touch.

ryan102

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
oh just read my confirmation *im a numpty for not doing it earlier*. Says mine is expected 9th-14th Sept wooo. What model did everyone order? I got 32gig

redking31591

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I've got to wait till my school's tech store gets them in stock. the store lets me charge the iPod to my bill and pay it out. can't wait.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
I went with next day delivery because honestly, my husband is about to tape my mouth shut if I talk about this for much longer! Still nine days is nine days too long!;)

pcuser94

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
32GB
I ordered it about 30 minutes ago and i still have not recieved my confirmation e-mail. Anyone else having problems like this also?

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
32GB
I ordered it about 30 minutes ago and i still have not recieved my confirmation e-mail. Anyone else having problems like this also?

That's fine. My confirmation email for my MBP took around 24hrs. As long as it shows up under your current orders you'll be fine.

pcuser94

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
That's fine. My confirmation email for my MBP took around 24hrs. As long as it shows up under your current orders you'll be fine.

well, there lies another problem, i dont have an apple account and i didnt make one, I ordered it as a guest, I have no idea why. Will I still be fine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.