Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abscissa

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
VA
If I preorder one, I wouldn't do next day shipping. When I ordered my MacBook I did standard and it was here in 2 days from about 1000 miles away. Apple seems to ship well IMO. I don't know about my current touch because I got it form Bestbuy for $250

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Ordered 2nd day shipping.. it seems like too big a jump for next day, considering it ships in one week.

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Is anyone able to check their order status? When doing a single order check by entering the Order #, I get "Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.", and when I try to check the order status after having been logged in, I get a plain "An Internal Server Error Has Occurred."

Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow.

harinic

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Exchange of Brand new Ipod with the upgraded one

Hi,

I just bought(Aug-15) a new IPOD touch from APPLE online store.
Now I see they have introduced a upgraded version.
Is it possible for me to return and get the Upgraded version.
I haven't used it still.

pcuser94

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
Ordered 2nd day shipping.. it seems like too big a jump for next day, considering it ships in one week.
Pay a lot extra and get it in 8 days
Pay $10 extra and get it in 9 days
Pay nothing extra and get it in 8-11 days
makes no difference to me
i took the free shipping because either way its going to get to me soon and a day simply doesnt make a difference for me.

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
I need to find something else to spend my time on for 10 - 14 days. I've been mostly Apple this and Apple that for about a month. Now I have to wait for the 32GB to arrive. It was a heck of a decision between this and the iPad but the Touch won.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Faster shipping might be a waste, people.. last time I ordered an iPod with standard shipping, it shipped Sunday and I had it on Tuesday..

zenntench_oni

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2005
well actually i live in the middle of nowhere called Hawaii, so im guessing next day shipping is good for me lol. Hawaii always has the lame shipments.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
just curious why many of you that can't wait or wanting next day.. do you not have an Apple Store nearby? Or is there a risk it won't be in retail same day as they start shipping from apple.com? I'm going to be getting mine from Best Buy though, hope since it's a next week release they'll have their shipments ready too.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Hi,

I haven't used it still.

You are just outside of the 14-day return period. But, call Apple TODAY and see what they can do. They may let you return the other one. Just call, but don't wait! Seriously. Apple is usually pretty cool about extending your return period if you're not to far out of it. I know this from experience.

cgoodwin22

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Hi,

I haven't used it still.

yeah, my wife bought me the itouch on 8/17 for my birthday. i returned it last night without a problem. they have a 30 day return policy, thank god!

pcuser94

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
In the likely event that they ship from China, then stuff does move on Sunday since fedex and UPS both run transpacific air freight service seven days a week. Nice attempt to sound intelligent, though.
Nice job removing all doubt that i am not intelligent

Caviar_X

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
IPOD TOUCH 32G (4TH GEN) PRSNL-USA
PC544LL/A $299.00 1 $299.00

Ships: 1 week
Delivers: Sep 13 - Sep 15
-----------

Ordered mine earlier today! I would cancel and order from Amazon.com and save the $24 in sales tax but it's really not worth it that much considering I would probably get it faster from Apple anyway. It sucks that my window is Sept 13-15th UGHHHHHHH. I want it on the 10th hell. :mad:

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Just wondering why people are preordering. Won't these the new iPods be in stores next week?

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
I went with next day delivery because honestly, my husband is about to tape my mouth shut if I talk about this for much longer! Still nine days is nine days too long!;)

Ditto with my coworkers and me....but with anything gadgety.....I'm the office gadget whore.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Just wondering why people are preordering. Won't these the new iPods be in stores next week?

I guess one or more of the following...

1.) We're hoping Apple actually ships them in time to have them arrive at our doors on launch day. (The way Amazon does with new book pre-orders).

2.) Even though it's unlikely, we dread the moment when we finally get to the Apple Store, and they say "we have no more 32GB's left, sorry! Want an 8GB?".

3.) We just get satisfaction out of having the order in place. No uncertainly about when certain stores will get them. We have our Delivery Date estimation already.

PeachieSky

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
^ And to add onto that, several sites have discount prices on pre-order for ip4g and they also offer free shipping with no sales tax. Can't beat that imo. :cool:

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
^ And to add onto that, several sites have discount prices on pre-order for ip4g and they also offer free shipping with no sales tax. Can't beat that imo. :cool:
If you know of a Canadian site, please let me know. :)

Anyway, it just seems like people are getting estimated shipping dates of September 16th. I'd rather try my luck in store than have to wait a week for the UPS guy to show up at my door.

Ballingbrad23

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
i ordered the 8gb yesterday with next day shipping and it said it would be delivered the 10th. today i changed my mind, cancelled the order and ordered the 32gb with next day shipping and now it says it will be delivered the 13th. WTF!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.