Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aztec

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Alright, so let me start the thread off by saying this:

I finally pulled the trigger on the new MacBook and cannot wait for it to get shipped!

2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 Memory
250GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Got this baby right here.

How about you?

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
got the exact same system you did man, and im super excited...i just hope it doesnt take as long to ship as apple says...i mean, i dont really want to wait a full week to get it lol ;)

Icebird

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
You guys should have just gone to your local apple stores to get it. You would have it immediately!

Aztec

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2008
You guys should have just gone to your local apple stores to get it. You would have it immediately!

Thing is, my ''local'' Apple Store is 2 hours away, and they didn't have any stock yet so I said forget it, I'm buying online!

ohemetophobia

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Thing is, my ''local'' Apple Store is 2 hours away, and they didn't have any stock yet so I said forget it, I'm buying online!

I did the same, even though the nearest Apple Store is about 2 minutes away for me. I wanted to customize it a bit more than the retail store could have offered me. I got the lower MacBook model, but it's my first-ever Mac, so I'm excited! Well, not my first technically, since my first computer ever (back in 1992) was a Mac LCII. This is my first Mac in over 15 years and I can't wait for it to get here.

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
Alright, so let me start the thread off by saying this:

I finally pulled the trigger on the new MacBook and cannot wait for it to get shipped!

2.4GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 Memory
250GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

Got this baby right here.

How about you?

Got the same baby :) I think it's great and can't wait either.

Joshua.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario

yeah im with the other guy on this one, the closest store to me is 1.5 hours away...and my parents couldnt take me...so i was left to just order it

but anyway, im really excited, because this is my first mac too...my sister got one of the older macbooks because she didnt want to wait...sucks for her... :D

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
2.4GHz is a waste of money in my opinion. The price increase for just 400MHz extra clock speed and a light under the keyboard is ridiculous.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
2.4GHz is a waste of money in my opinion. The price increase for just 400MHz extra clock speed and a light under the keyboard is ridiculous.

i guess...but something in my mind just doesnt like the sound of 2.0 lol it might be just me but whatever...

and the backlight will actually really help me, i mean, the light from the screen does help, but i tend to misplace my hands on the keyboard pretty often when i take them off the palm rest, resulting in a lot of backspace pressing lol

and plus, my dad paid for half of it...so its not as bad :D

Yoda3984

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
I ordered one of the 2.4 ghz models, too. Thought about upgrading the RAM to 4GB right away, since it was actually cheaper from Apple than Newegg. But my budget manager (wife) preferred I buy it cheaper for now. I figure I'll go to 4GB down the road when DDR3 prices come down a little.

But man, waiting until Monday-Tuesday is going to be torture. I wish the nearest Apple Store wasn't 2+ hours away!

zotes24

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2008
my beautiful :apple: consists of this:
Apple Remote
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x1GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
Backlit Keyboard (English) / User's Guide
Accessory kit
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

i cant wait ships in 2-3 days and should get here the 23rd at the latest (17-23) :D:D:D:D

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I ordered one of the 2.4 ghz models, too. Thought about upgrading the RAM to 4GB right away, since it was actually cheaper from Apple than Newegg. But my budget manager (wife) preferred I buy it cheaper for now. I figure I'll go to 4GB down the road when DDR3 prices come down a little.

But man, waiting until Monday-Tuesday is going to be torture. I wish the nearest Apple Store wasn't 2+ hours away!

just get the RAM at macsales.com they price it at 140...thats what im gonna end up doing probably.

and i know what you mean about waiting until monday-tuesday...I WANT IT NOW!

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
2.4 Ghz
4 GB RAM
250 GB HD

+ wireless printer and warranty. I'm STOKED. The wife will get my current blackbook. HURRY UP AND SHIP, APPLE!

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
I ordered the 2.0 with display adapter last night. Still hasn't shipped.

My local Apple store doesn't even have an ETA for when they might arrive. I'll keep phoning -- if they get them in before my order is processed, then it's off the the mall for me. Otherwise, I guess it'll ship and arrive sometime next week.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
yeah im with the other guy on this one, the closest store to me is 1.5 hours away...and my parents couldnt take me...so i was left to just order it

but anyway, im really excited, because this is my first mac too...my sister got one of the older macbooks because she didnt want to wait...sucks for her... :D

LOL, some of you guys certainly know how to reveal your age. Lemme guess, your 12-15 years old right? You don't drive yet?:D

Edit: Oops, so busy punning Deus, I forgot to mention that I got ordered the 2.0 base model (which allegedly had the backlit keyboard) so I called Apple about it and they gave me a $150.00 credit towards either model so I just kept the 2.0 to save money. Mine shipped this morning and will be arriving this Saturday!

surfdog_2005

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2005

For me I thought the same thing. The few extras weren't enough to pop for another $300. Ordered the 2.0 yesterday online right after the event. I ordered it stock so it would ship right away. I'm tracking it at FedEx in Memphis right now and it should be here by tomorrow morning. :D I will upgrade to 4MB RAM once prices drop and order from OWC or Crucial.

ohemetophobia

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
LOL, some of you guys certainly know how to reveal your age. Lemme guess, your 12-15 years old right? You don't drive yet?:D

Kids these days... If only I could have gotten my parents to buy me a Mac back in the day... My life would have been SO much better. ;)

surfdog_2005

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2005
Kids these days... If only I could have gotten my parents to buy me a Mac back in the day... My life would have been SO much better. ;)

Yes, but back in my day that would have been an Apple II - not so cool! Glad my parents got me that blazin' TRS-80 instead! :D

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
you certainly know how to reveal how stupid you are...im 18, but we just moved, and we only have one car to share between the 4 of us...

so dont be a douche

Wow, interesting that you can't even take a pun. Here's an idea, grow some thicker skin and understand when people are NOT trying to attack you and result to CHILDISH name calling you just did. Now I do understand that you are just a KID. You certainly act like one.

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
... I got ordered the 2.0 base model (which allegedly had the backlit keyboard) so I called Apple about it and they gave me a $150.00 credit towards either model so I just kept the 2.0 to save money. Mine shipped this morning and will be arriving this Saturday!

Nice! Glad to hear about the credit. I have a friend who almost ordered the 2.0 thinking it had the backlight.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Wow, interesting that you can't even take a pun. Here's an idea, grow some thicker skin and understand when people are NOT trying to attack you and result to CHILDISH name calling you just did. Now I do understand that you are just a KID. You certainly act like one.

ok, how was what you said a pun? anyway, whatever...i dont want to start a whole internet argument...seems like youre the one being childish

MacManNM

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
Yep, ordered mine online yesterday. $1599...
2.4 Ghz,
320 gb hard drive
Backlit keyboard
2 GB (will order 4gb when price comes down)
no extra software
no apple care

eGraeme

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008

yes how DARE he act like a typical 18yo

;)

help, my eyes wont stop rolling!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.