Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M&M

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Joliette, Quebec, Canada
This kind of post at this time is not wise. A bunch of guys not happy because another day passed without what we all hope will come soon.

Frustration is at is peak....

I, for one, I'm very frustrated.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So... after the great disappointment of today who wants to know when these updated MBP's are actually coming??

Well, my friends dad's brother works for Apple Inc. not in the retail store i'll let you know, and when i said to him whats up with these MBP's, he just gave me a little wink and nod, i swear the words tomorrow were uttered :eek:!!

Time for everyone to get welllll excited, i predict tomorrow!!! 99% sure!

Apple is innovative, time for a Wednesday release!! :cool:

thanks newbie but you're so very wrong. Welcome to macrumors anyway.

gothamm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
my uncle's cousin's stepfather's illegitimate son's wife's daughters' maid's husband's nephew works at apple inc. He disgrees.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I am just stating something that I thought may be of interest.

You gotta realize stuff like this gets posted EVERY DAY. We're all also very tired of waiting, so reading about stuff like this just makes us more irritable.

We're all newbz at some point, live and learn. On that note, if you're dads friend or whatever is right, I will eat my own ass.

MacUser226

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Yeah lets all go bash this guy because he might know the date. there have been 10 dates posted around this forum and most of them have gone by with no new release. No one knows anything here because it is a rumor site. so lets not yell at him because he is joining in on all these crazy rumors that have been wrong this whole time.

Sir, i do not know if you are correct or not but lets hope your right. and if not i guess we will just have to wait longer. then these people will find someone else to bash.

pscoble

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Petaluma
Man always the newbies too bad my "source" switched to the iPhone team (which in its own right might be useful of course, although engineers don't know the exact date or what the product will actually look like but hardly anyone does except for product directors, marketing, and main management)

suprsho

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
hahaha...too bad that won't happen buddy. more likely the 26th or March 4th but I do wish it was tomorrow. nice try:D

Why would it be March 4th? I can understand the 26th as a possibility b/c of the event, but after that, every Tuesday afterwards is just your "average/anything goes" Tuesday.

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
I'll give the OP $10 via PayPal if an updated MBP comes out between 11:59AM 2/12/2008 and 11:59PM 2/13/2008.

Updated is defined to mean including different hardware than what is currently shown on the Apple Store in the US as of 7:38PM 2/12/2008.

All times are EST.

frostrambler

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
NYC
Why would it be March 4th? I can understand the 26th as a possibility b/c of the event, but after that, every Tuesday afterwards is just your "average/anything goes" Tuesday.

Hey guys I am a newbie too and I spoke to my friend who works in the Apple store on 5th avenue. She told me the laptops are coming out in three weeks and will have celerons in them.

You heard it here first folks.

On a serious note, I do have a friend who really does work there (two actually), and they are both completely clueless on this. One is a genius, the other works with the registers.

I don't understand why people are going so insane over this. I have a real reason as my current MBP is dead, out of warranty and the hard drive that broke is currently being replaced by Western Digital RMA. So I won't have my old MBP working for another 2-3 weeks at least. I wanted to buy a new one today, give the old one to my parents, and I can't do that either. I can afford one laptop and I do not want to buy the outdated model out now.

I need this computer for work and school, its important I have it. But I am not going insane, its a freaking computer, heck maybe be excited for an iphone or something, but this is simply a computer that is going to be a little faster, or a little nicer looking. That makes me wait, but it doesn't make me go insane waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.