I love Amazon!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by max2, Nov 17, 2016.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

How quick they are to deliver and ship! No other retailer can beat them! The only disadvantage is most things are shipped USPS and they deliver late in the day here :( I prefer UPS. Lucky the next thing I ordered is coming UPS this time! I got lucky!

Of course this is with only items sold by Amazon or shipped by Amazon if there is a different seller. Otherwise the quick shipping and delivery does not apply. Though most things are sold or shipped by Amazon nowadays.

My example is I ordered something yesterday and it will be here tomorrow! That is very quick if you ask me!

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

there are certainly hundreds, and likely thousands, of retailers and suppliers that offer overnight shipping/next-day delivery.

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

True but it is expensive and most stores don't promise same day delivery more like 24 to 48 hours guarantee. (Looking at you Newegg)

4. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

so you have Prime. you've in some way pre-paid for that shipping. additionally, Amazon is eating the shipping knowing that since your invested, you will be more likely to use them.

if you want to pre-pay for better service and shipping from Newegg, you can.

5. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Still Newegg and many online stores don't have guarantee delivery times like Amazon sure they may say they will try or most likely ship the same day but that won't happen once Christmas time gets really close. Yes Newegg has rush order fee but still is no guarantee. They only do there best to ship it same day even with that.

6. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

well, I'm sure we are all glad that your found love in a multinational retail establishment run by the poster child for meglomania.

7. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

I wish Newegg and other retail stores had a timer on how soon you have to order something for it to be shipped same day.

8. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

I am happy for you! :)

9. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

10. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Prime is the only way to go!

11. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

True but it will be even cheaper tomorrow at $79 !

12. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

I use Amazon. However where I work we also sell to Amazon.
    Therefore I hate them!

13. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

You have a lot of iPads.

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Only because I'm too lazy to sell the older ones. One gets used by my wife a lot. The others just sit there.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Amazon is my go to source. They actually opened up a new shipping facility in my area and now I receive my items two days earlier with free shipping.

16. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

We get free one day shipping and Amazon now with free 2 hour delivery with select items and paid 1 hour delivery here if you have Prime.

17. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Nice. Free two hour delivery would useful if you needed something right immediate.

18. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah but the selection is very limited at what is in your local area.

19. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's interesting. Wasn't aware of that. Must be in select cities.

20. max2 thread starter macrumors 68020

Oh yeah I forgot you must use the Amazon Now app as well to get the 1 or 2 hour delivery.

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I love Amazon/Prime. The company I started up has been using Prime Business for 6 months and even Fresh for about 3. Prime Business is great, the staff can place orders, the management can approve, and viola it's there in two days. You can also set spending limits. It takes care of all the invoicing too.

Amazon Fresh is apparently pretty good too. Our cool places the order and it gets delivered quickly. The food quality generally is better than Stop and Shop of Peapod and cheaper as I'm told. Only problem is they sometimes cancel our order if we order too much meat. We serve dinner to over twenty clients a day, so we need some bulk. Our operation is too small though to go through a big vendor like Sysco or US Foods.

What I don't like is Amazon changes the details of what Prime is. Originally it was ~$3.99 for one day shipping. It used to be 2 day shipping for min purchases of $25... now I think it's 35. Amazon Fresh delivers in these green totes and pick them up on their next run (creating a perpetual inventory of these things- peapod would take them away).

At my apartment, most of the mailmen, UPS, and FedEx Drivers somehow have keys to the building to get into the lobby. Amazon drivers do not. So if I'm not home or none of my neighbors unlock the door, they won't leave it.

22. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Why call it free shipping when you are paying for it with a prime membership ?

Also, Amazon is no longer the cheapest with most places (including local stores) at least price matching.

If you want truly free, buy at Amazon, spend at least $50.00 and wait 5 days.

23. Zenithal macrumors 603

That makes sense if you don't order much. If you order as much as I do, Prime saves me a considerable amount of money each year on shipping. Once it earns out, it's "free." Also depends on where you live, I suppose. We live in a Prime Now and Prime Fresh location. I don't sub to Fresh, but Now is included and we get deliveries within 2 hours on most household products. And it's cheaper than the nearest warehouse store that's already cheap and saves gas money depending on how dense traffic is. I'm also lucky enough to be within a warehouse radius where same day delivery costs me $0.

I like choosing my own veg, grain and meat, but in a pinch I'd use Instacart over Amazon. Otherwise, go myself and pick everything out. Speaking of, I bought 10 lb of beets from the farmer's market yesterday.

24. Roller macrumors 68020

I've had Amazon Prime for several years and have been generally satisfied with the service. My biggest complaint about Amazon is how difficult it is to tell legit from copied products, especially electronics and accessories. For example, I had to buy a replacement charger for a MacBook Pro last year. There were pages of choices, many billed as "genuine Apple" but with comments that claimed that they weren't. I don't think Amazon does much, if anything, to police the accuracy of vendors' information.

25. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

When purchasing things like iPad charger cords, I pay attention to comments. Lately I've been buying iPad power cords through OWC. They have versions with 5 year warranties that are 72" long.

Regarding Amazon, they rule. I need a new battery for my VTech wireless home phone. Radio Shack and Battery's Plus-not in stock, 10 day wait and $15 each. Amazon Prime- 3 pack, total $15, 2 day delivery.