Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Defective phone? I suppose the display models I saw in my local AT&T store were all defective as well?
I was addressing your complaint about unclear text while surfing.

Most of us are already aware that iPhones & Androids are all subject to a yellow tint when new. It's the adhesive which is still curing. It can take a month or so to finish curing which causes the yellow to go away. That's why the display models were like that as well.

But that said, it's fairly common knowledge that Android is too complicated for some to adapt to, your distinct distain reveals that may apply to you.

Conversely I'm a software engineer, Android is very interesting & fun for me.

Stick with an iPhone its really simple.

YMMV :)

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I was addressing your complaint about unclear text while surfing.

Most of us are already aware that iPhones & Androids are all subject to a yellow tint when new. It's the adhesive which is still curing. It can take a month or so to finish curing which causes the yellow to go away. That's why the display models were like that as well.

But that said, it's fairly common knowledge that Android is too complicated for some to adapt to, your distinct distain reveals that may apply to you.

Conversely I'm a software engineer, Android is very interesting & fun for me.

Stick with an iPhone its really simple.

YMMV :)

Wrong again. I've owned several Android phones, so your subtle slam at me doesn't really carry any water.

And your being a software engineer means nothing to me. Big deal. That makes you an expert on smartphones? Sorry, but I have to laugh a little at this.

I'm sorry you don't want to hear my opinion, but you're stuck with it. :D

johnothy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
I felt that way at first and if I get on my old phone it makes the iPhone 5 seem awkward. However using the new one now for awhile I'm used to it.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
So why did all the apple kids go from scoffing at the idea of a longer iPhone with a two-tone back, to PRAISING it as the PERFECT design? :confused:

You guys made Yoshi cry.

:D Because Apple said it is the perfect design silly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.