I love my SwitchEasy Colors....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dannyar, Sep 20, 2008.

1. dannyar macrumors 6502

I really do. Its my third case from switcheasy. already own the black neo and arctic rebel which i love. But the colors is just so simple and easy to get on and feels great in the hand and adds little to no bulk at all. will definitely be buying at least 2 more colors.

Pictures to come...

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

3. Crevice macrumors regular

How does it feel? I have the neo, just curious how this product compares. Would love some pictures..

4. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

it feels amazing. Not like your typical soft rubbery silicone this has a smoother feel to it which is slicker and attracts little no lint. It feels so great in the hand. I love my neo a ton but it's just different change of pace. The colors would be my everyday at home case and my neo and rebel I'd alternate between for when I go out and feel I need the extra protection. But for 15$ there's no reason why you shouldn't own a least 2 colors.

5. EliteKiller macrumors member

I concur. I have 4 different Colors right now and 3 more on the way. :) My Neo is sitting on the kitchen counter and I have no plans on using it anytime soon.

The Neo is bulkier, and it doesn't like to sit flat on it's back due to the raised Switcheasy logo. The Colors feels a lot better in my hand, and it doesn't slide around.

Review w/ Pics: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-colors-for-iphone-3g/

6. /b/ macrumors member

I have to agree.
    The Colors are definitely my favorite case, although I only have the black Rebel from SwitchEasy as well. I kinda regretted getting the Rebel.
    Like what OP said, it feels different from other silicon sleeve and soft. It's lint free and protects all around the bezel. Right now I only have the truffle, planning to get the stealth and another red one soon.
    I'm no means affiliated with SwitchEasy whatsoever as this is really just my opinion.

7. random person macrumors 6502a

I have two of these on order -- a Stealth and Turquoise -- and am delighted to read these comments. I like the feel of rubber but hate the lint factor so I am very much looking forward to getting these next week!

8. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Here are the pictures as promised. sorry for the quality all i had was my imac isight to work with. Pictures probably dont do it justice, ive tried numerous cases and this simple silicone case is the best yet. I just placed an order for 2 more, Milk(white) and truffle(brown). Theres plenty of ppl with your same opinion of switcheasy and arent affiliated with them either, they are just such a great company with great products and pricing compared to whats out there. You walk into an apple store or att store and pick up a standard incipio or incase silicone case and it will run you 29-35$. At 15$ these are steals. Not to mention they include 2 screen guards,a microfiber cloth and a squegee as well as the included headphone jack and dock port covers. Im not associated with the company either, i just feel like such great service is worthy of praise and some publicity.

Attached Files:

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

see now look at that.
    style and protection all in one.
    then if you wanted to, you
    could change up the style with
    a different color or case.

who the hell in their right mind would opt
    for a Colorware $200 paintjob? and then
    put a case over it -_-

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I really wish they made these without that jelly bean on the front. How hard would it be to neatly cut that thing out?

11. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

to be honest with you I thought I wouldn't like the jelly bean either but once you feel how nice it is and the look it gives the case you will love it. Without it it's just another silicone case with better texture and feel. It really sets off the case with the contrasting colors. If you really don't like it you can easily cut it out with a blade or scalple. I looked inside to see how hard it would be and it seems fairly simple.

12. Clyde099 macrumors regular

I think I'm going to go ahead and get the black one for my white iPhone.
    Thanks OP!

13. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

I love Switcheasy!!! I have an arctic rebel and i love it. I wanted to have a case thats a lil more simpler so i ordered a colors the chrimson one. Ordered it on thursday so im waiting for it to come :D I cant wait!

Has anyone tried this case with any holsters?

14. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Would these fit the 2nd gen iPod touch? Or are the dimensions or button placement too different?

Thanks - Greg

15. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

What about all the other stuff that came with it? Are the micro-fiber clothes nice? And the screen protecters, do they work and stay on well?

snverhallen

16. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

the screen protectors work fairly well just as good as your average screen protector and you get 2. The microfiber is also your run of the mill small grey cloth. It does it's job well and removes smudges. Hands down the best case out there.

17. jblnks3 Guest

How long did the shipment take? I just ordered the milk color friday. Can't wait for it to come.

18. EliteKiller macrumors member

USPS first class mail typically takes 2-10 days. I'm in West Texas and my first shipment took 9 days, my 2nd shipment took 4 days, and my 3rd shipment was shipped on the 17th and hasn't arrived yet.

19. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

They are pretty quick with their shipments. I live in florida and these are coming from san fran and all 4 cases ive ordered have come on the 4th business day. So if you ordered friday and it shipped that day you would receive it on wednesday since the usps makes its rounds on saturdays. i tend to order on saturdays and get them by thursday.

20. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I like this case also, but does it offer drop protection or is it just for scratches ?>

21. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'm wondering this too. I have a Capsule Rebel on now. Seems like good drop protection but i feel the case adds a bit too much bulk.

Does anyone here who has a Colors case also have a Rebel? Do you feel it's as protected from a drop and does it add as much bulk as the Rebel?

22. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

it's quite a bit less bulkier than the rebel and offers great drop protection I believe. I dropped my colors from about 5 feet getting out of bed and not a single debt or scratch to my phone. It's a very sleek but durable type of silicone that feels well protected when in it.

23. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I think i may just order one then. :D
    Truffle

24. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

you won't be dissapointed. I also ordered my third colors in truffle.

25. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Here are some of the pictures i promise earlier but with my actual camera not an isight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]