I need money for a 32gb ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MylesD123, Jul 11, 2011.

1. MylesD123 macrumors newbie

So i cant get a real job because i'm not 17. I really want an ipod touch but my parents are strict so i dont get an allowance and i cant do chores for money around the house. I have a paper route but i will have to wait another year for my ipod! So do you have any ideas for me to make money so i can get one? I already have $75:apple:

2. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Work for neighbors. Really, that's about all I know of.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I'm 20 and I can't get a "real job" until I graduate college. (ECU Class of 2014!) Why don't you look for a minimum wage job like every other high school student? Ditch the paper route and apply at the local McDonalds, pizza place, ect. You should get there in a few weeks that way.

6. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Post another thread about it, but ask for donations.

That could work.

Just kidding, don't do that.

But seriously, why can't you get a job? I've had decent jobs since I was 14. It's very possible; $75 isn't a lot of money. If you work even 20 hours a week at a minimum wage job, you could swing it on a few weeks pay (assuming $5 minimum wage).

7. SlugBlanket macrumors regular

Offer to wash your neighbours' cars.

Minimum outlay (bucket, sponges, soap and water) and I'm sure you could get better than minimum wage for each car that you wash. Make a flyer out in Word or something, post it through all your local neighbours' houses during the day stating that on Saturday you will be calling to see if they need their cars washed. Post the flyers on telegraph poles and possibly in your local Supermaket or corner store. Be sure to use a high visibility colour for the paper if can.

I'm sure your strict parents would be happy to see that you are prepared to work hard for what you want and if you get close to the totall they might even relax and chip in some cash for you :)

8. aleXXXps macrumors member

get famous and become the next Justin Beiber?

9. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

10. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

Apple 26.2

Many states lawfully allow you to work at 14. As been said, submit an application at a fast food place, retail store at the mall, etc., and you'll be rocking to your Touch in no time.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

12. the vj macrumors 6502a

Kid, money and goods, basically everything in life is a consequence.

You want an iPod Touch but for what? what is the experience you are looking for? having fun? sharing experiences?

I am 36, I have a digital media mayor since 1998. I studied virtual reality and enhanced reality seriously, not just Photoshop playing. Since my studies I tried to be as far as technology as I could. It is a marketing tramp. Specially in the US.

Thank got you do not have an internet addiction. My ex girlfriend was addicted to the internet, forums and facebook. She graduated from business administration with a PHD in marketing. Today she is selling donuts door to door with her new boyfriend.

Internet should be sued for what it is: a data base to find information. The social media crap is the doom. The paradise of the looser and shy and the person with the lack of social skills. Go to any dating web site and you will find the most dysfunctional people there.

Get into karate, you will love it. Montain biking (girls love guys in shape), spend your time doing outdoor stuff even when life seems slower. Trust me, you will reach your goals in life way faster than the kid with the iPad who has never kiss a girl and will be masturbating and virgin until they turn 28 (I have seen that a lot).

Be street wise, that is what is going to get you there in life. And use the internet to locate information and forget about gaming, it is a tramp to get you addicted to technology and screen and to sell you stuff.

My two cents.

13. aleXXXps macrumors member

lmao says the guy who's wasting time typing this on an internet forum......the ladies must be in tonight I'm guessing :p

14. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I need money to reupholster the leather seats in my old Gulfstream G200

15. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

OK Tony Robbins. The guy just wants an iPod Touch. Chill.

16. Poisoned1 macrumors member

17. Annerz macrumors regular

18. Amazing Iceman, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011

Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Don't waste your life at a McDonalds. Do you have any abilities such as doing video editing, music, etc?
    About six years ago a then 15 year old had a similar dilemma, except that he wanted to buy a MAC G5.
    I told him to completely forget about working at a fast food place, and I gave him the idea to edit videos, so he contacted someone who had a video service (Filming Weddings, Parties, etc.) through friends and family who knew this person. Anyways, he started working as a freelancer, and earning about $120.00 for every one hour video he edited. Very soon he saved up enough money to pay for half, his parents helped him with the rest.

So my advice to you is the same. Use any ability you already have to earn money. Don't fall for minimum wage.

Probably, but most likely and unfortunately, "the Lion sleeps tonight". :D

19. JamesCotte macrumors newbie

JamesCotte

6 years ago and now is a completely different story tho. I'd better go with any job I can, and manage the target. xD

20. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Sell plasma... Your white blood cells are worth approx $100/week. Do it for 2 months and you can get the Touch and a mobile hotspot. :rolleyes:

21. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

The OP didn't mention where they're from, but keep in mind that in some jurisdictions (such as Canada), blood donations must be voluntary by law, and you don't get any money for it.

22. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

That is madness. What kind of country won't let you sell your bodily fluids to get an iPod?!?

23. Boeing747 macrumors member

Working age is 14..........

I'm lucky though I can in work in my parents business. Because of that I have a Macbook air (13.3",1.86Ghz processor, 4GB Ram), Alienware m15x (15", i7 2.8Ghz turbo mode processor, 4GB Ram), iPod touch 32GB 3rd Gen, iPhone 4 16GB Verizon, Xbox 360S 250GB, 2X 1 TB external drives, and a 20" external monitor w/ Joystick 4 flight simulator. So yeah I mean I've been working for them for like 3 summers now and I still have around $7,500 (which I am going to use to buy the new mac pro when it comes out). So work hard and you can get what you want.

BTW I'm 13 years old.