I plan on using this thing atleast 8 hrs a day.

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
No, but the OP is asking opinions on if the 12" machine would be a good machine to use at for 8+ hours a day. My opinion has been that it is not ideal, especially when he throws gaming and programming into his list of needs. Somehow a lot of people here seem to think that such an opinion can be "wrong".

I don't view having an opinion based on my experience as a problem. :D

You don't have to be an expert to look at processor benchmarks and realize that the new Macbook using that same processor isn't going to be dramatically more powerful. That's why people start in with unicorn tears.... when people irrationally think that a benchmark for known hardware doesn't apply simply because the product in question has an Apple logo on it.
having all the 'facts' in advance of actual facts isn't very...factual. :D personally, i'm going to wait and see how the new mb does in the real world...

wct097

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
having all the 'facts' in advance of actual facts isn't very...factual. :D personally, i'm going to wait and see how the new mb does in the real world...
And while I can respect wanting to feel it out for yourself and hear feedback from others, I think it's reasonable to temper expectations. For all of the potential the Broadwell proc has, the decision to go fanless will surely limit it's performance.... not help it.