I refuse to buy an iPhone until......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iGuyiGuy, Aug 27, 2010.

1. iGuyiGuy macrumors member

So I have always wanted to make the leap from blackberry to iPhone...

BUT I refuse to switch until it goes to verizon...AT&T is terrible!!!

Until that magical day I have my iPad :)

Anyone in here waiting for some changes/fixes before they buy??

2. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Verizon is a joke also, it is not going to happen for at least couple more years.

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I don't think this has ever been discussed before. So glad you brought it up! :rolleyes:

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I guess none of the other threads the OP posted got the reaction he wanted, so why not post this thread. :rolleyes:

/thread and wasteland

5. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

The Verizon threads get old. If the iPhone ever sees another provider, it will be one of two ways:

Pre-LTE: It will be T-Mobile as the only other provider Apple might carry the iPhone. Apple will not re-engineer their device for American CDMA which is already obsolete, and fundamentally incompatible with other CDMA implementations like China's (which use R/UIM cards.) You will sooner see Token Ring ports appearing on Macbooks than you will see Apple put support for US CDMA in their devices.

Post-LTE: Who knows. This is going to be some years in the future because LTE won't just have to supersede 3G, it will have to supersede EDGE, and even GPRS in rural areas before SJ gives his blessing to an LTE based iPhone.

If I were to place bets, I would say that the iPhone will remain under AT&T unless the climate changes to mandate unlocked devices, then Apple will just sell the device at retail, and people buy it and then drop in the SIM card of their choice of provider.

Until LTE becomes prevalent, there is going to be no chance, no way, no how of a Verizon iPhone ever coming to be. Apple will not re-engineer a device and add another radio just for the US, on a band which will be not relevant in a couple years. So, it just will not happen.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Enjoy your wait.:p

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Thanks for playing...this is only the 175,000th "I want the iPhone on Verizon" thread that's been started...this year!:rolleyes:

8. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Just going to let you know that people will start complain about Verizon when iPhone Verizon phone comes out. iPhone users are data hogs. AT&T is a better company for the iPhone.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You started a thread on Aug 20th that says "Should I Make The Switch To iPhone 4??"

then about an hour later you replied to a thread titled "my iPhone 4, its boreing me" and said

so after your Bye Bye, yesterday you start a new thread "Are You As Happy With iPhone 4 As You Thought You Would Be??"

and now today "I refuse to buy an iPhone until......"

Aug 19th
    Aug 19th

I think you need make up your mind and get the phone that best works for your needs, take your own advice, and please stop using this forum as a dear diary.
    [​IMG]

10. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

+110%

11. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

[​IMG]

Oh hell no

12. macfan881 macrumors 68020

13. sootie macrumors member

so...if you had every single iphone....doesnt that mean youre already on AT&T? and have been for like 3 years....im confused....what do you have and use OP?

14. Gomff macrumors 6502a

>>>Breaking News<<<

This troll has been rumbled.

15. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Oh snap :eek:

16. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Really tired of people talking crap about AT&T.

It's the #2 provider in all of the U.S. Don't forget that Verizon had a 2 year head start with their 3G network.

Don't like it? No one cares.

17. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I hope you like waiting

18. Amino Man macrumors 6502

I respect you so much man. Without this thread, I would've purchased an iPhone, so thanks!

Just kidding. I have an iPhone 4.

19. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

And outdated tech...

20. Spudracer macrumors 6502

Ditto. I've used an iPhone (personal) and a Verizon Blackberry (corporate) side by side all over the country for the past two years. I honestly don't see much difference for voice. Some places AT&T has better coverage and some places Verizon is better. Generally AT&T is fine. As for data, AT&T 3G is slow but tolerable and I hardly ever fail over to Edge. I'd imagine Verizon may see a teensy impact to their network if you turned on 25 million iPhone users tomorrow.

I actually head up procurement for a private equity firm and I'm in the middle of negotiating deals with AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon for our 28 portfolio companies. Why all three? Because none of them offer the network coverage and technology to satisfy all our needs in every geography. Verizon and Sprint are riding the CDMA horse, a bad choice in my opinion. Sprint is further burdened by the ancient and dying iDen network. I think AT&T is the business leader and Verizon is the consumer advertising leader. Sprint is just, well, one step away from oblivion.

21. DroidRules macrumors 65816

:eek:
    AT&T has the fastest 3g in the country.... not just me saying it the testing says so.

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I can't help but notice, side by side connectivity Verizon and ATT; verizon beats ATT hands down in Boston. Doesn't matter how fast ATT claims it is if I can't connect the phone is useless.

We have a year left on the contracts and we will be re-evaluating our service provider.

23. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

24. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

You're wrong. AMPS had a 25 year run in America and is still running on two providers in Canada. CDMA is nowhere near 25 years old and is not going to disappear anytime soon.

According to this list, GSM (2G) was launched in 1991, and 3GSM (3G) was launched in 2001. That's right - GSM is older. Since age clearly indicates obsolescence, GSM is on it's way out before CDMA. For the record, if CDMA is such terrible technology, why is GSM 3G using W-CDMA?

My CDMA phone doesn't have token ring ports, but you may want to check your iPhone. I mean, it is based off of "ancient", "obsolete" technology.

By the way, the cellular operations are handled by a separate processor than the iPhone's main processor, and only a small part of the phone needs to be replaced to move to CDMA. To put a new wireless card in your laptop do you need to re-engineer the whole thing? No, you need to disconnect and reconnect a few cables.

Think.

25. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Verizon is horrible. Would be nice to get one legit on T-mobile, maybe. I had AT&T long before the iPhone though.. Going on 15 years now.