Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
I saw one at the Apple store in Zurich last Friday, sitting next to a 17" MBP that also had a glossy screen. The 17" has MASSIVELY less glare than the new 15" MBP.

2Sticky

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2005
UK
I spoke to Apple today about returning the refurb (no problem) and when he nicely said, "Is there anything else I can help you with today?'

I answered, "Yeah. Can you get us some matte screens?"

He said he's heard a LOT of that lately. He works in returns, btw.

So it's not just a handful of customers. It's just about the entire professional photography and video editing base of loyal Apple consumers. Yes we can also use additional monitors, but the beauty of the laptops is the ability to take them on the road.

And it's also affecting many business customers who use their mbps to show clients photos of products, etc. usually in offices where they cannot turn off all the lights.

I think Apple is going to have to address this soon. I still can't see how this one got past the design stage.

Yea, Apple seems to be telling the professionals what to do, the MacBooks should just have glossy as they are the 'consumer' laptop, and the MacBook Pro's should have a choice as they are aimed at Pro's supposedly.

I saw them today and they do look better in the flesh than the images on the net, love the trackpad, though the screen is very reflective, but that is the same for the iMac which I was considering getting instead, so now I'm sorta stuck on what to do.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I was going to get a new Macbook Pro until I saw the new price and the screen, IMHO Apple has done themselves a disservice by putting that screen in the new laptops. Instead of buying a new Macbook Pro I've bought a refurb Macbook Pro with a better screen and saved a bundle.

I wasn't a fan on the glossy screens in the old Macbooks and I really hate the screens in the new Macbooks and Macbook Pros, they are horrid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.