I seriously don't know what to get

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3lite, Sep 10, 2014.

1. 3lite macrumors 6502a

3lite

6+ = best phone buy way too big. I feel like it might conflict with my fashion choices. I got big hands so using it isn't the problem, it's when I'm not using it is the problem.

6 = I feel like I might regret not getting the 6 plus if I get this one... but the 6+ again may be too ***** big...

2. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

I'm in the exact same boat. If I get the 6+, I'm afraid I'll regret it because it's so big. If I get the 6, I'm afraid I'll regret not getting the better 6+. It's a dilemma. Leaning towards 6+. I think I'll get used to it.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Get the 6+. it's like buying a big screen TV. Remember how much you regretted not getting the larger screen. Same applies to the 6. If you have a 5/5S, it's a marginal increase to the 6, but the 6+ will make a huge difference which you will enjoy. I'm getting the 6+. Will not regret it even though I haven't seen it. Now you can thank me tomorrow, so you can sleep well tonight.

5. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I didn't know which one I wanted, was on the fence until I made a cardboard cutout. I like the size of the 6 plus and it would work fine in my hands but portability in your pocket really isn't great and that's not even with Apple's slim case. Walking around isn't terrible but if you sit down with it, it is sort of awkward. Same if you need to pull it out while driving.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Ditto for you too (read above).

7. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

The boyfriend has the note 3, so I've been playing with it when I get the chance, granted the size is a little bit different on the iPhone 6+ but close enough to tell that I will love the phone

8. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

There's a point where a marginal increase is perfect and a large increase is absurd.

9. Rockies macrumors 6502

I feel Apple missed on the screen sizes. Too much of a variance from 4.7 to 5.5. They should have 4, 5, & 5.5 inch to give more choices for consumers. I have the S5 5.1 inch screen and though it was HUGE when I switched from the 5S, but after a week or two, I got use to it. I actually think my S5 5.1 inch screen is now too small. Going for the 5.5. Bigger is always better. Plus the 5.5 appears to be really thin and has rounded corners, so easier to get into pocket. I rarely use my phone near my ear when making phone calls. I always use Bluetooth in the car and speaker phone at the office. I think that the optical stabilization and 1080P screen is worth getting the larger one. Just my 2 cents. :D

10. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I went into the Verizon store today to play with the Note 3 (admittedly, was cool trying a new phone :D ) to see if I'd like the 6+. It wasn't TOO bad. I think the screen is actually 5.7 inches. Still though I don't know if I can bring myself to get it...

11. Rockies macrumors 6502

When I bought my 55" tv a few years ago, I thought the size was way too big for my living room. Now I want a 70" screen. Getting the 6+, and stoked about the 1080P HD Screen and optical stabilization in the camera. I rarely use my phone for making phone calls. I use my phone now for twitter, facebook, photos, facetime, texting, internet browsing, and email. Having a bigger screen makes a lot of sense for this. :D

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'd say wait and check it out in store first. You'll most likely have this phone for 2 years, so you want to make sure you get it right.

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Promise me this. Will you PM me once you see them both on the 19th or whenever you decide to go. I have this feeling you will get the 6+. A marginal size is never enough when coming from a 5/5S IMO. It's a factor of 0.7". Even people couldn't tell the difference between a 4/4S to a 5/5S from a relative good distance when the 5 was released. This here is my bases with going with a 6+.

----------

Thank you. Exactly my point. Read my post above this.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You could always wait until you see them in person and then decide.;)

15. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

Buddy by the 19th, everything will be backordered.

----------

This is a ridiculous example. You aren't carrying around a TV bro, much less having it in your pockets.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I know, gotta have it immediately.;)

17. 3lite thread starter macrumors 6502a

3lite

I'm still a young ambitious upstart, leave me be. I haven't developed the patience yet, gramps.

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

My only serious qualm with the 6+ is Apple could have trim some top and bottom bezel. It is just a tall phone to use and iOS doesn't have that many gesture swipes that we can find on Android launchers and apps to make things easier. But that might be my only qualm. The protruding cam could be solved by a case and it made of sapphire crystal glass anyway. The HTC One (M8) has a flush rear cam but is prone to scratches.

The thing that surprised me was both will get 1 GB of RAM. But the 6 gets the ODDBALL resolution with lesser ppi while 6+ gets the FHD screen. I remember those days when VLC wasn't around and I had to keep converting my videos to MP4 and whatever iPhone's native resolution was geared for. I much rather have the 1920x1080 FHD resolution with the 401ppi than the oddball 1136x640 resolution with 326ppi.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can do whatever you like, it doesn't matter to me.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Get the 6+. If you hate it, sell it, wait until the 6 is in stock, and buy that. Crisis averted. You'll even make money on the deal.

You can also go to your local carrier and ask to play with a Note 3. Pretty much the same thing. See how it fits in your pockets. Wear one of you snazziest most fashionable getups so you know if it will work for you.

21. zuckuss00 macrumors member

I'm having the same conflict as well.

I just think the 5.5" is too big and the 4.7" is not different enough from my current iPhone 5 to justify a upgrade.

Honestly, I might just buy a Galaxy S5 Alpha instead. It's the perfect size and a great phone. The new iPhone is just not that appealing to me.

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Perhaps this is your best opportunity to work on that.

23. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

So what happens when you have a 6+ for a couple years, per your logic everyone will be upgrading their phones to an iPad Mini because no one would want a marginal increase. It's a hard sell, I'd like a 6+ but just going around with a cardboard cutout for a while made the thing seem impractical.

Because comparing TV screen sizes is a perfect comparison. Might as well get a 20" iPad while your at it. I don't disagree that I rarely use my phone for calls but I do use my phone out around the world and how practical can it be if it barely fits in your pocket? I mean, maybe if fanny packs came back in style..

We can't be messing up that upgrade cycle now.

24. madKIR macrumors 6502

I'm torn too!

Was set on the 4.7, but the extra features of the Plus ruined the original plan.

In the spring I purchased a Macbook Pro 13" with Retina display. I wanted the best experience from an Apple laptop. However, I was very disappointed with the UI lag and some other things. I returned it and got a Macbook Air. It doesn't have the retina display, but overall it's a way better experience for me.
    I'm afraid with the Plus it might go down the same road: trying to get the best features I will not enjoy it overall (I always use the Touch ID, the Plus might be too big to unlock it that way with one hand).

I don't get why Apple can't allow us to try the phones in the stores prior to the official date. It would make so much sense and save them lots of money on the returns that will follow from unsatisfied customers.

25. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

5.5 is just too big for me. 4.7 it is. If the top bezel was smaller maybe I'd consider it, but that thing is just too tall.