I should have chosen a white iPad3....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macwick, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Macwick macrumors regular

Because the screen on mine has a lovely pink hue. As long as it's going to be a girlie iPad, I should have gone with a white bezel to complete the look.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sounds good to me! Not fond of white iphones or iPads but if you like it . . . .

3. ano0oj macrumors 6502

I like the look of a completely black face when in standby
    White makes the screen seem smaller for done reason too

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Even though I'm not a fan of the white, I don't think it's girlie. It's Apple's signature color. Wasn't the first iPod white?

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

is white still Apple's signature colour?

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yup, and the first MacBook too...and an iMac was white as well at one point (3rd gen I think).

I'm a male and have both a white iPhone and white iPad, and I love the color. Heck, I even have a white watch strap for my iPod nano...lol One of my favorite colors is white.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I had a black iPad 1 and the white is definitely refreshing.

8. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I don't know where this "girlie" thing about white Apple products comes from. Unless certain inadequacies or macho complexes. As mentioned, it's Apple's traditional color. White iPad here and love it.

9. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I just don't understand why people think a white iPad is girlie, I sure don't.

I don't find white cars being girlie...
    I don't find white shirts being girlie...
    I don't find white socks being girlie...
    I don't find white briefs being girlie...
    I don't find professional athletes in white uniform being girlie...
    I don't find NBA players with their white Dre Beats being girlie...

Why is white iPad/iPhone girlie??? :confused:

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Because some people teeter on their own masculinity in general and need to over compensate with their "manliness" by saying "white is girlie". It's like those Senators who are "waging the war against drugs and prostitutes" only to be discovered to be doing drugs and cheating on their wives with prostitutes. :p

11. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Obviously, no one appreciates sarcasm. I laughed.

12. Akack macrumors 6502a

You still have time, todays last day for the 14 day return window if you bought direct from Apple on launch day. ;)

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Only the iPod, 2nd gen+ iBook, MB, and "lamp" iMac forward, were white so not sure how that qualifies as Apple's traditional color.

The original iPhone was black/chrome and the original iPad black/aluminum. Every PB was black/dark grey. PMs were beige up until the Bondi G3. The PM G4s were Silverish/Graphite then all aluminum. The MPs were always aluminum. The G4 Cube was clear/graphite.

If anything white was originally used for Apple's purely consumer products and black and metallic for professional ones. But white has never been a "traditional" color in the way, say, the Baltimore Ravens colors are purple, gold, and black.

14. Oskiwawa macrumors newbie

Oskiwawa

Sometimes underlying stereotypes comes through with humor and sarcasm. Kind of like telling an ethnic joke.

15. Jackintosh, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

You might want to add Airport products - Extreme and Express to that collection of what seems to me are white Apple foundational products. That in my view qualifies for a consistent if not traditional color choice. In any case, black certainly doesn't have a solid history in Apple products.

16. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Not too mention their store logo is a gigantic, WHITE apple.

17. Holoshed macrumors regular

I'm a straight man who has a white iPad (2 and 3) and a white iPhone 4S but guess what? My fiancé has a white iPhone 4 and when she had a 3G that was black she was jealous of my white one (she would tell me).

Now, my white devices beside her white devices do not make me feel like any less of a man because I like what I like no matter what gender basis is behind it.

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, read the part of my post that says consumer products are white. But when I think Apple I don't think "white" like I think Celtics = Green (always) or Vikings = Purple (always). If anything when I think Apple I think aluminum. But Apple products are not always white and their pro products have never ever been white.

19. Jackintosh, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

I'm not sure those sports team analogies relate. All I can say is that Apple's been historically putting out white electronics consistently over time for their most popular consumer products when no one else would go near that color, instead staying with their endlessly black production for decades.

20. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Just put a matching pink bow in your hair and people will get the idea!

21. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Hardly.

----------

Thou doth protesteth too much. Feeling a bit insecure about your color choice?

----------

Yeah, it's exactly like that.

22. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I think cool, metrosexual hetero guys can easily pull off the white. My Southern boy husband has to stick with black... Plus that way we can distinguish his and hers at our house... Nothing really to do with orientation.:p

23. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

White's not girlie. It's just not a good color for the iPad, that's all. Black is much better. Might not look as cool when the iPad's not in use, but who cares how it looks when it's not in use.

24. taedouni macrumors 65816

I love my white iPad and white 4S. There is nothing girly about owning a white device.

25. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I think it looks bad ass white. Screen on or off. I don't focus on the white boarder at all when I am watching the screen. If anything I would say that the black iPad would look cooler off where it is just a solid slate of black glass. But white looks awesome on or off.

My only worry at one point was that white would effect my view of the brightness levels. But that isn't true at all, it is no different, at least to me.