I think I'm going to exchange my 6 plus for a 6. Anyone els?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Locoboof, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I got my 128gb space grey iPhone 6 plus on launch day from the Apple Store. Now I'll admit the 6 plus is not as big or as bulky as I thought it would have been. It's lighter and thinner than I would have ever expected,but after having it for 5 days it seem a little too big for MY lifestyle. It's hard for me to text with one hand and it's cumbersome at the gym as well as work. I guess just overall day to day usage it's a little big for me to carry around.

I can appreciate the the screen real estate specially when watching movies. I had a chance to hold and play with my friends iPhone 6 and it just felt more comfortable and easy to manipulate. After work today I'll be exchanging my iPhone 6 plus for a 6.

I was just wondering has ayone els thought about downsizing their 6 plus?

2. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'm not worried about the "bending" issue at all. Thanks though,I'll do a search.

3. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I returned my 6 Plus for the 6 for the exact same reason. I could not be happier. The size of the 4.7 inch display is perfect. It definitely feels like a phone and not a tablet. Obviously this is my opinion and to each his own..but that's my story.

4. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

One question,how did the return work? Did they give you your upgrade availability back so you could still get the subsidized price?

And thanks for replying,this confirms my personal feelings towards the 6 plus.

5. apple.snapple macrumors regular

I'm also interested in this topic.

I have a 6+, gold, 16GB, AT&T, and I preordered on Apple.com and had it shipped to my house on the 19th.

According to this website:
    http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund
    So, if I bring my Apple.com order to an Apple store, they will still do the exchange? It seems like everyone is doing this, even though the policy clearly states you can't. Just curious...

6. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Wow,I didn't know that about online orders. I hope it works out in your favor. I guess I'm happy I bought mine in store.

7. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I got the 6 4.7 and kinda kicked myself for not getting the 6+ until i put my friends 6+ in my pocket and it just was a bit too big for me. I am loving the 6 even more now

8. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Hmmm, I guess I should rethink my wanting to exchange my 6 for a 6 Plus.

9. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

I just exchanged mine last night. I believe you can "exchange" but can't just return an online order in store. In the return process they have some sort of option to exchange so that it doesn't actually go through to the carrier, which would reset your upgrade and what not, but it still factors in the subsidized price (if you're upgrading on a 2 yr contract). I made it a bit more complicated by ordering a 6 online for in store pickup... it made me pay full price on my credit card online so when I got to the store they first returned that order and then basically resold me that phone by doing the exchange with my plus. More steps, but I didn't want to go and them not have the phone I wanted, or to have to wait in the long line vs the reserved line.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

For me I have always loved the size of the Note series phones. Have always wanted Apple to make an iPhone that size. So happy they finally did it. It isn't a size for everyone and of you are expecting it to be a one handed phone there is the mistake.

11. sdyoyo macrumors member

I did an online order and pick up at the store, I was able to return mine at the store no problem

12. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I'll hold onto mine for a little while and run it through its paces. If it bends though I'll be switching. My OCD would run wild if I had a bent phone

13. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'd say go to the store and put it in your hands and see how you like it. For me,it's just a little too big. You may like it though....

14. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I have a 6 and played with the 6+ yesterday and was surprised at how much I liked it, and that it didn't seem too big. But I also have a fairly strong prescription in my glasses which makes everything seem slightly smaller than it actually is. Sounds silly, but I'm going to go back to the Apple store with my contacts in to check them out again. My wife seemed to think the 6+ looked ridiculous. But I think I could get used to it. I'll probably just keep my 6 for now because we have another upgrade in February and see how everything shakes out over the next few months and then give my wife the 6 (she doesn't care) and get the 6+ then or maybe wait until next September and get whatever comes out then.

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I exchanged my plus for a 6 at the store, I ordered online and had no problems with the exchange. The manager even took me ahead of all the people waiting on the line which was nice.

16. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

As I've said in each and everyone of these threads that pop up, you'll be envious of the 6+ once apps and developers start taking advantage of the screen on the 6+. You'll end up regretting your decision and then will try to re justify why you should keep the 6.

17. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

In a UK store you cannot do an "exchange" with an online order.

----------

If you have OCD what kind of wipes do you use?

18. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I think I'm going to exchange my 6 plus for a 6. Anyone els?

It's not that I don't love the phone now,I do. It's just that it's too big for me to carry around on a day to day basis. So my point is even if they make amazing apps for the grandè (plus) that wouldn't be enough for me to give up comfortably. I'd rather be comfortable with my iPhone that I carry everyday than be hindered by the size and have amazing apps.

Again,the is just my personal experience. I'm sure most people are just fine with their 6 grandè.

19. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

Yes I am. Before the official announcement I was dead set in getting the 4.7" because I felt my htc m8 was a little too big. But after the annoucement that the 6+ would have better specs i convinced myself I'd get used to the bigger size and bought one lol. Obviously, that never happened, it felt too awkward for me to use in bed, etc. I'm due to collect my iPhone 6 today, I had a look at them in the Apple store and the size looks perfect to me.

I still think the 6+ is a brilliant phone, it just wasn't for me.

20. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

T-Mobile sent me the wrong phone. They sent me 6, and I'm quite satisfied with it. Plus I don't want again for the 6 plus.

21. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm going to keep my 6 Plus. Is it big for me? Yes. Does it effect my daily usage? No. Am I concerned about the bend? Probably not, because why would I want to bend my phone? All phones can bend with the right amount of force put into it, including the iPhone 6.

Coming from an S5 that has 5.1 inch screen, I could never downgrade in screen size. And comparing the S5 and the iPhone 6 4.7", it's quite noticeable and still the iPhone 6 4.7" screen is still too small for my viewing. Thus I'm glad that I went with the 6 Plus.

Of all things, different strokes for different folks. Just enjoy the phone you have. If the 6 Plus is not for you then, don't complain about it just switch.

22. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I think I'm going to exchange my disappointment for some foresight. Anyone else?

23. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

No one was complaining. Just like you said,if you're not happy just exchange it. So if your happy don't come into a thread complaining about others voicing there opinions. I don't think there was one person in here that mentioned bending or complained. Just people sharing their experience....which I asked them to. So if your happy,this thread doesn't apply to you and just enjoy your phone.

24. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

I am calling my local apple store when they open at 10 to see if they have a 6 in space grey 64 gb, it says online that they dont for at&t but they might say differently because it says yes for verizon and that one would work as it si factory unlocked I believe. Im not far from the mall so I would just leave work and come back if they have it. The 6 plus is just too big for me too be comfortable with for two years, although I love it I would rather have something more usable for my lifestyle and that I am more comfortable with.

25. zoonyx macrumors 6502

Apparently the returning to store thing is new. But I returned a case I ordered online and the store were fine with it - said it was new with the iPhone 6 launch and they seemed to use something called appleConnect on their little PDQ machines.