I think iPhone 6 is the first "ugly" iPhone.

Tough Guy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2014
I really don't know what happened to Ive. I truly don't. A lot of the recent releases just look plain ugly to me.

Mac Pro? Ugly.

iPhone 6? Ugly. (The back, the bands, and the pill shape)

It simply looks like an unfinished product. It's actually hard for me to believe they released it the way it looks. Even simple things like color are just way off. Compare it to some of the concepts that floated around based on the rumors and most look WAY better. There's an attention to detail that is missing from the actual product.

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
Not a big fan but I guess I'd say the same about the 5. The 4/4S was the pinnacle of iphone design in my opinion. I do love the original as well. I think if the ends of the 6 were capped in soft grip plastic instead of hideous lines, it'd look nicer and be more functional. Or, maybe just glass like the 5. But it doesn't look that bad, and so won't stop be from buying one.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
OP this is definitely your opinion.

My opinion is the design ranks with the 4/4s. I was never find of the iPhone 5/5s design... However the ugliest iphone IMO is the iphone 3G, 3GS

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
The Mac Pro is amazing looking. The iPhone 6/6 Plus is an evolved iPhone 1. It's gorgeous. Everyone has an opinion. You're welcome to disagree with mine. Obviously I disagree with yours.

PS: ugliest iPhone: 3GS

Ugliest Mac: pick any Centris or Quadra.

----------

Perhaps because they don't look modern. But, at the time, it was beautiful. The 6? Not so much.
Disagree. I don't remember a lot of enthusiasm for the 3 series iPhones design wise.

pullfocus

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
The Mac Pro is amazing looking. The iPhone 6/6 Plus is an evolved iPhone 1. It's gorgeous. Everyone has an opinion. You're welcome to disagree with mine. Obviously I disagree with yours.

PS: ugliest iPhone: 3GS

----------

Disagree. I don't remember a lot of enthusiasm for the 3 series iPhones design wise.
The Quadra was horrid.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
OP, I agree with you! I, personally, think that the 6 and 6+ are the ugliest iPhones yet. IMO, they DO look unfinished.

----------

I really don't know what happened to Ive. I truly don't. A lot of the recent releases just look plain ugly to me.

Mac Pro? Ugly.

iPhone 6? Ugly. (The back, the bands, and the pill shape)

It simply looks like an unfinished product. It's actually hard for me to believe they released it the way it looks. Even simple things like color are just way off. Compare it to some of the concepts that floated around based on the rumors and most look WAY better. There's an attention to detail that is missing from the actual product.

But I do like the Mac Pro design :)

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
funny thing oppinions.

I think the 6 looks fantastic, it is probably my favorite iPhone so far. Love the curved edges and how slim it is, makes it feel just great in the hand.

BeefSupreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I think it is their best design so far.
I still can't fathom how so much can be squeezed into such a
Thin frame. My own person tastes, I would have liked the antennae breaks to contrast with the frame color. Instead of trying to blend it.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
more importantly where can I find that wallpaper that is displayed on that iphone?

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
I think it is their best design so far.
I still can't fathom how so much can be squeezed into such a
Thin frame. My own person tastes, I would have liked the antennae breaks to contrast with the frame color. Instead of trying to blend it.
They did so on gold.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
I actually think it's a pretty good looking phone. My preferences in order would go 5 -> 6 -> 4 -> 3GS -> 2G. (Leaving out the 'S' models since they're pretty similar.)

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
The Quadra was horrid.
You're both insane. The Quadra 9xx tower wasn't particularly attractive, but the 6xx pizza box and 8xx mini tower were both beautiful, and the 7xx was in a IIcx case. You can't fail to love the IIcx case!

Still haven't warmed to the new Mac Pro.

Re iPhones, I still haven't seen either of the IP6 models in the flesh but the antenna bands don't look great in photos. That said, I've never used a nekkid iPhone so it wouldn't really bother me.

bobenhaus

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Actually I had a chance to check out both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6+ at Bestbuy yesterday near my house. I think the iPhone 6 is a much better looking and feeling phone. Once I picked up and handled the iPhone 6+ it totally felt like a piece of cold metal. I didn't like the way it felt at all. I think because I'm used to having phones that have both metal and plastic. Anyways I didn't like the cold metal feel to it. TOO MUCH METAL!!!!!

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I actually think it's a pretty good looking phone. My preferences in order would go 5 -> 6 -> 4 -> 3GS -> 2G. (Leaving out the 'S' models since they're pretty similar.)
Flip the 3GS and 2G and we'd have the same list.

I think some people's reaction to the 6 is a product of high expectations. There's nothing truly "special" about the 6's design compared to the 5 to most people. The changes that were made were changes that simply had to be made. Curved edges for an easier grip, lock button moved to the side, etc. It doesn't really push the boundaries of phone design like the 4 or 5 did.

Doesn't stop me from loving it, of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.