I think they forgot to take off the plastic inside!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by big samm, Jul 15, 2011.

1. big samm, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

big samm macrumors 65816

I left my phone on the roof of my car and forgot about it... Next thing I start driving and bang I heard a loud noise I start looking for my iPhone and there is was on the floor... The back glass got a couple dent but didn't shatter... ( I think that's because I had a bestskinsever on the back...

Made a appointment at the apple store to change the back glass... The genius guy told me it would be 29$ and would take less than 5 mins... 5 mins later he came back with my phone and a brand new back glass...

I get home and was testing the camera and saw my pictures was not looking so good... When I checked the lens in the back of the phone it looks like they forgot to take the inside plastic on the glass they installed... Here's a picture the with flash on...

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

No attachment.

Sounds plausible, take it back in.

3. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

sorry about that... now you can see what do you think?

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

Yeah, something's not right there, looks like they left the plastic on. No worries, just take it back up there, explain your situation, and you'll be out of there within 5 mintues

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

LOL that's friggin horrible, take it in. Even if that isn't what you think it's a warranty issue or something they messed up while doing the back, again warranty.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Is the fogginess just with flash on? I'm trying to picture what might be going on. It looks more like moisture, because it's so even.

<grammar rant> Unless you're falling asleep between sentences, it's not necessary to use ellipses at the end of each. ;-) Also, the dollar-sign goes in front of the amount. I usually bite my tongue, so please excuse the "outburst". :eek: </rant>

7. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

No it's no moisture, I can see through the lens there's definitely a plastic or something... Hey thanks for the grammar professor Gr8tfly!!

8. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

here 2 more pictures the one with the food is before i went to the apple store and the next one is after... you can see some blur in the one with the empty plates...

Attached Files:

9. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Whether they left the plastic on or it's just a bad back, take it in. They'll take care of you. And take a picture before you leave to make sure.

10. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Can you please prepare the same dish and take after pictures of that. lol jk :) Food looks good though.

It definitely looks like they left some plastic piece there. I would expect them to even give you a refund for doing a shoddy job on the repair or at least some kind of discount for you having to waste your time and money exploring the issue and driving back to and from the store.

11. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It isn't as washed out as the flash pics, which would be expected if there were some foreign material in there. But, the dish looks out of focus (in addition to lower contrast) - which might indicate some other problem, possibly the focusing mechanism, or other mechanical damage. After all, it took quite a fall. Definitely take it back and have them check it out.

As far as the other topic: I tried using a bit of humor, but I see it was wasted. In any event, you're quite welcome for the help - at least you took notice... :rolleyes: *sigh*

12. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

You are right, i just put a white back on mine and forgot to take the plastic off, the pictures look exactly like yours. Bring it back

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Two screws. Take the back off and remove the plastic. If the "genius" can do it in 5 minutes the average person can do it in 2. :D

14. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok I just got out of the apple store, problem solved! The plastic was still inside, when i show it to the genius guy he started laughing took it in the back came 3 mins later and the lens was nice and clear... Didn't even have to do the paper work and all that. It was fast and easy!!

15. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Haha that's funny! I love how he laughed about it instead of the typical arrogant "Well its not my fault" of other company's! I did the same thing when replacing my backplate!:eek::D:D;):apple:

16. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Umm, I'm hungry now :)

17. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

hehe :D Some men say that the dogg is their best friend, for me it's my BBQ!! lol And my iphone 4, i almost forgot!!

18. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Try cleaning the lense. Many a times I would get blurry pictures and freak out only to realize I had my finger tips all over the lense after eating a greasy cheese burger or just humidity.:p:p:D

19. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

The newer iPhone 4s have some special screws that require a special screw driver to remove. I forget the technical name of the screw, but Apple did it so people wouldn't try to open the device. Sucks.

20. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

pentalobe (i think?)

21. papoopeepoo macrumors member

it's a security torx-screw, or something along those lines. I got one of the first batch 4s so mine has #0 screws, lucky me.

22. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yes thats it. Anyways they are easy to come across the screw drivers for that..

23. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

24. Nicolas4ever, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

it happened to my uncle.They didn't remove the plastic .He took it back and they gave him a new one and they said that the reason was because it was their fault to not remove it!!

25. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same here. There were posts a while back that if you took your iPhone 4 in for repair it would have the anti tamper screws when you gotit back.