Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleSmurf

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Things come to me as I sit around at night, and I always forget them the next day. For some reason, tonight, I sent myself an iMessage to remind me to call a friend in the morning. I wanted the red dot to bug me, thus forcing me to open the message and read the reminder.

I send myself then message, and without thinking about it, I got my message but realized I had read it, and the red dot wasn't there to remind me! the ah-ha moment came across me, "Apple needs to incorporate a feature where you send yourself a message, but the app allows you to choose when the message gets delivered."

This, in my opinion, would be way more beneficial than the current reminders app.

What do you think? And would you use a feature like this?

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
Reminders or Calendar app ?
About messages, you can unread them with some app (like emails). No idea if it's possible and so how to do it with sms one...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Things come to me as I sit around at night, and I always forget them the next day. For some reason, tonight, I sent myself an iMessage to remind me to call a friend in the morning. I wanted the red dot to bug me, thus forcing me to open the message and read the reminder.

I send myself then message, and without thinking about it, I got my message but realized I had read it, and the red dot wasn't there to remind me! the ah-ha moment came across me, "Apple needs to incorporate a feature where you send yourself a message, but the app allows you to choose when the message gets delivered."

This, in my opinion, would be way more beneficial than the current reminders app.

What do you think? And would you use a feature like this?
I think the reminders app works great. When I’m home remind me to. Couldn’t be any simpler.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
The Reminders app works great for what you want. I'm not a Siri user, but it's so easy to say "Siri, remind me to .... at 9 tomorrow morning."

Reactions: AppleSmurf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.