Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I just ordered their other one. The TPU semi clear in Green.
I'll post back my findings when I receive it.
Should be in early next week.

NotUpToDate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
From my understanding, this case also lock the smart cover in place.
I am thinking about getting this one, for it is a little bit cheaper....

MrJay23

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I got mine this week and it's great! It covers all of the iPad including the top and the bottom and it seems as if it has just enough space that you could put a back cover type of sticker and it will still be fine

I love this case

justkiz

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
I got mine this week and it's great! It covers all of the iPad including the top and the bottom and it seems as if it has just enough space that you could put a back cover type of sticker and it will still be fine

I love this case

Can you post some pics of your case? Thanks.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008

I love this case

Yeah pics please. Might get this myself.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
72f4d9d3.jpg

fits fine
locks cover
smooth edges
I'm running a icarbons back fine

it's 20 bucks, don't overthink it....

sluggozmom

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I just ordered the frost to go with my black smart cover... My smart cover disconnects too easily... not a good thing :eek:

Does anyone know if the camera connection kit will fit through the opening?

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I just ordered the frost to go with my black smart cover... My smart cover disconnects too easily... not a good thing :eek:

Does anyone know if the camera connection kit will fit through the opening?

Yup, connects just fine for me.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I got this shell and it's pretty nice. Only thing is I like to take off the cover sometimes and well you can't do that with this shell on.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 05, 11 50 37 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 05, 11 50 37 PM.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Photo Apr 05, 11 50 57 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 05, 11 50 57 PM.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Photo Apr 05, 11 51 12 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 05, 11 51 12 PM.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Photo Apr 05, 11 51 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 05, 11 51 56 PM.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Photo Apr 05, 11 52 52 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 05, 11 52 52 PM.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

fits fine
locks cover
smooth edges
I'm running a icarbons back fine

it's 20 bucks, don't overthink it....

Can you post a few shots of the front of the case with the iPad installed?

Many of us bought the Macalley version of this exact case and were disappointed by the way that it has an opening on the front where it attaches to the glass.

This may be a better locking-case option.

Thanks.

BJ

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
opening where?

blason packed for trip...maybe someone else can...

See Post #60 and forward in this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1348086/

Your iblason is practically identical to the Macally SmartMate which we love for its back coverage but hate because of its front edges as they are sharp and are dirt collectors. If an iblason owner would compare the two it would be very helpful. About a dozen photos of the white Macally in this linked thread.

BJ

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
One of the Amazon reviews mentioned that the case was difficult to remove once on and that it ended up scratching his iPad. :\

I just got mine in black as well. Super easy to put on, super easy to remove. No issues. No idea how you could scratch your aluminum iPad with a the soft shell plastic of the iBlason. Weird. I had the Incipio Smart Feather but returned it to save some cash by buying the iBlason. No sharp edges, fits snug for me and it's definitely worth the $19 and change.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
See Post #60 and forward in this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1348086/

Your iblason is practically identical to the Macally SmartMate which we love for its back coverage but hate because of its front edges as they are sharp and are dirt collectors. If an iblason owner would compare the two it would be very helpful. About a dozen photos of the white Macally in this linked thread.

BJ

too many OCD people here, I think we are splitting hairs. The macally is nice. I like the raised corners as the smartcover fits down in it. The edges to me are not sharp. The clear will probably scratch as it's hard gloss plastic. OK with me, I'll toss it and get a new one. I buy backs about 2 at a time as I change backs like I change my clothes. I'm not looking for the holy grail of backs, nor do I have to have absolute 100% protection all the time as I'm not using the pad on the the deck of the deadliest catch or dirty jobs. I also defy the gods by not using a film over the retina screen. If I get a scratch, I will still sleep ok. But in 3 years, all my pads get sold looking pristine.

I have 7 backs - 4 feathers, 1 i blason, and 2 macally's. I use them interchangeably and don't notice the details. They all fit well and do what is asked of them.... forgive me if I don't pour over my purchases with an electron microscope and review every idiot that posts here or on amazon with their critical road test....I'll probably get a zum as I would like to add a dark frost back to the stable.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
too many OCD people here, I think we are splitting hairs. The macally is nice. I like the raised corners as the smartcover fits down in it. The edges to me are not sharp. The clear will probably scratch as it's hard gloss plastic. OK with me, I'll toss it and get a new one. I buy backs about 2 at a time as I change backs like I change my clothes. I'm not looking for the holy grail of backs, nor do I have to have absolute 100% protection all the time as I'm not using the pad on the the deck of the deadliest catch or dirty jobs. I also defy the gods by not using a film over the retina screen. If I get a scratch, I will still sleep ok. But in 3 years, all my pads get sold looking pristine.

I have 7 backs - 4 feathers, 1 i blason, and 2 macally's. I use them interchangeably and don't notice the details. They all fit well and do what is asked of them.... forgive me if I don't pour over my purchases with an electron microscope and review every idiot that posts here or on amazon with their critical road test....I'll probably get a zum as I would like to add a dark frost back to the stable.

Is the iBlason just like the Macally when it comes to the deep, crumb-catching tray design that the The New iPad sits in?

_____ Yes

_____ No

BJ

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I have no idea - it's packed...try and get outside today..it's a beautiful day here in s Floridia....but if I'm passing a kitchen with my macally, I'll quickly encase it in shrink wrap....Sheesh.....

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I have no idea - it's packed...try and get outside today..it's a beautiful day here in s Floridia....but if I'm passing a kitchen with my macally, I'll quickly encase it in shrink wrap....Sheesh.....

Again with the "packing" issue. I'll PayPal you $5 to unpack it and answer the question.

We good?

BJ

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I'll probably order one in the frost. I can deal with the edges of the macally but not the loose fit. It is very easy to take off if you just push a corner.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I'll probably order one in the frost. I can deal with the edges of the macally but not the loose fit. It is very easy to take off if you just push a corner.

I'm in love with the way my new Monoprice shell connects to the outer edges of the aluminum and glass on the The New iPad. I'm excited because this new case from iBlasson looks like it has the same type of attachment logic. I think I'm going to buy this just to give it a little test drive myself.

BJ

----------

yes, but sincerely, not enuf that i would take one over the other...

Glen, it looks like the camera lens doesn't line up properly under the opening in the case. Can you confirm that the iblason doesn't have an obstruction?

Thanks.

BJ

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I was gonna order 2 frosts, for my iPad2 and an iPad3, but the shipping cost put me off, like $12 more.
oh- I tried it again,and it's $4 to ship.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.