Ideas for iOS 8.1/9

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by moonman239, Sep 19, 2014.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Siri
    -When asked where one can buy an iOS device, she could search databases of participating Apple retailers to find a store near you that has the iOS device you want in stock. She could even tell you how many iOS devices with your specifications they have so that you can see if you'll be able to buy a similar device for someone else, or even just to help you make an educated guess as to whether or not the device you want to buy will even be in stock when you get there.

Please help me add more features to this list!

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

A toggle for the "cellular is disabled for this app, please switch it on" popups. Same for "turn on wifi for better accuracy."

3. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

A button for turning off cellular data in the control center would be handy imo.

4. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

-notifications on mac when iPhone, iPad is charged
    -iCloud drive app
    -improved mail attachments using iCloud drive whereas you could attach more than two files in one email
    -ability to hide stock applications

5. David Felix macrumors newbie

iOS 8 just got here and theres recommendations for iOS 9.. I haven't received my iPhone 6 Plus yet, but I hope they start working on a jailbreak soon. I would hate to have all that extra real estate and not have widgets or something.

6. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

I like this one. My contribution:

If you're using a device (OS X or iOS), notifications only show up on that device. If you're not using a device, they show up on all devices, as usual.

7. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

Here is mine. Siri should read back the dictated text before asking for sending the text, very useful when in the car.

8. dadiduekappa macrumors regular

dadiduekappa

Control center customization and side scrolling.

9. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Sometimes, she does that. If you activated her by holding down the home button, then she won't read it back to you. (I think the assumption is that if you're holding down the home button, you're also looking at your phone.) You can tell her to read the message.

10. PowerBook-G5, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

iCloud Drive app
    iCLOUD DRIVE APP
    iCLOUD DRIVE APP!

iCloud drive has so much potential, but is serverly crippled by the absence of a standalone app, like Dropbox, Onedrive, Google drive, etc.

11. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

No more "turn on wifi!!!!! Do it do it DOOOOOO IIITTTT!!!!!" Dialogs every single time i open Maps. It is so annoying.

12. oldmacs macrumors 68040

- Allow iPhoto to run
    - better perfromance
    - fix battery life
    - up next in music

13. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

iPhoto is greatly leapfrogged by the Photos app, which will only grow in functionality. If there's something you fancy them migrating from one app to Photos, recommend it. iPhoto is becoming Photos even on the Mac.

14. oldmacs macrumors 68040

Hahahahahwhahwhw no. You can't do half of what iPhoto can do in photos. Apples worst idea this year. Basically photos can't do icloud journals, it can't do photog books, it can't do all the editing that iPhoto can do, it can't do photo comparisons for editing, it lacks photo tagging, it lacks the majority of what iPhoto can do. More than that apple have take away the ability for me to use an app I PAID FOR . I paid for iPhoto so I should be able to continue to use it.

I'm not giving up iPhoto on my Mac and not on my ipad either.

15. Solver macrumors 6502a

Put a feature to actually be able to change chapters in the built in Apple app for its audiobooks.

16. fardeenah macrumors regular

quick reply for third party apps and a system software that works on lower end devices properly a bit like what kit kat did, working for devices with 512 ram

17. SurefireObject macrumors member

Is there any reason a third party couldn't make one?

18. matthewadams macrumors regular

Implement flash-based caching for Safari so you can return to more than just 2 other tabs w/o reloading

19. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

That is one thing that I thought about, but it would probably make you give the company access to your stuff to work.

20. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

You missed the point that features will be moved across. List those features as iPhoto isn't going to happen. Not to mention the fact that iPhoto on iOS isn't very good at all imo.

21. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

How about showing all day events on the notification bar?! I mean like really, what a JOKE.

22. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

For iOS 9 - better integration with IFTTT.

Imagine this......

You walk into a movie theatre and your iPhone says "hmm, you just walked into a movie theatre.. let me know put your voice on silent"

23. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

- Ability to hide stock applications
    - Up Next in Music app (the Remote app has it!)
    - Customisable Control Center
    - Ability to change battery alerts to banners!

They are the main four I have.

24. MattJessop macrumors regular

MattJessop

There will be one. It's on Apple's website. It just hasn't been released yet. [​IMG]