Zaty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
Updates for iLife 05 apps

In your SWU:

iPhoto 5.0.2
iPhoto 5.0.2 addresses issues with iPhoto book layout, multiword searching, iDVD slideshow integration, and slideshow performance and photo editing on G3 systems.

iMovie 5.0.2
iMovie HD 5.0.2 Update addresses issues related to video and audio synchronization for DV projects and other issues. These include:

Audio in PAL widescreen
Sharing (exporting) HDV to videocamera tape
Synchronizing with HDV 720p content
Importing video from a DV videocamera when using analog passthrough or recording live video
Compatibility with some analog-to-digital converter boxes
Capturing video with Hi-8 (Digital 8) devices
Placing titles over DV content
Playing iPhoto slideshows that include protected content
Opening iMovie 4 projects that use speed-adjusted clips.

This update is recommended for all users.

You must have iMovie HD 5.0 or iMovie HD 5.0.1 installed in its original location to update to iMovie 5.0.2.

For more information on iMovie HD, please visit this website:
http://www.apple.com/ilife/imovie.

iDVD 5.0.1
iDVD 5.0.1 addresses issues related to general stability and compatibility with iPhoto slideshows and iMovie HD.

[Update] iSight Update 1.0.3
The iSight 1.0.3 update improves the iSight's audio performance. This update is recommended for iSight users running Mac OS X 10.3.7 and later.​

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Daveway said:
iPhoto 5 is still slow :( Not much of an update IMO.
Blah.

Putting it on the G5 iMac right now.

If this doesn't speed it up, I'm buying Extensis Portfolio.

I can't deal with it anymore, seriously.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Can someone confirm an iPhoto bug for me?

Select some photos in your library, go to share-> Export, click the quicktime tab, make sure "Add currently selected music" is checked, and clicked on export.

The movie doesn't have any music. Even after I select a song in the normal slideshow feature in iTunes, and go back to the library and do an export, no music.

Of course I can just create a new slideshow, go to share, but it ends up being too large with all the transitions...

Why can't I export a normal slideshow like iTunes 4 with music? :(

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
AndrewMT said:
iPhoto still needs the ability to share albums across users on the same computer.
When in doubt use OSX? Quit iPhoto, and drag your iPhoto library to the shared folder in HD>users.

Go to Get Info and change the permissions for access (underneath Group) to read and write, and change permissions on access under Others to read and write as well.

Go back to the iPhoto library folder and create an alias to put back in your own Pictures folder.

Log into the next user account and create an alias of the iPhoto library folder in Shared and put it in the users home>pictures folder. Change their current iPhoto library name by adding a 1 or something, and job jobbed.

I would advise logging out of both accounts and log back in, as until I did that performance was a bit grim.

Not exactly the click of a button, but it works fine

GregA

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2003
Sydney Australia
Zaty said:
iDVD 5.0.1
iDVD 5.0.1 addresses issues related to general stability and compatibility with iPhoto slideshows and iMovie HD.
I haven't looked up if iDVD 5.0 had this already - but anyone know about support for dual layer DVD+R media? Would that lead to >2hrs on a DVD for instance?

zellin

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Can someone tell me what the "original location" of the programs is? I moved them a while ago before I realized that SU worked that way. Right now it is in Applications>iLife and I'm not getting anything.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
brilliant. the first time i use a PC since feb (meaning my PB is off) and they go and release updates... :)

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Ooh... I take "Placing titles over DV content" to mean that Apple has fixed the tremendously annoying bug that would screw up the interlacing on any clips you applied something to if the first thing you did after opening the project was apply a title.

The workaround, applying a transition or effect before doing any titles, borders on bizzare, so I'll be really glad if this does indeed fix this issue.

I'll be tryin' it tonight!

torn80

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2005
ZildjianKX said:
Can someone confirm an iPhoto bug for me?

Select some photos in your library, go to share-> Export, click the quicktime tab, make sure "Add currently selected music" is checked, and clicked on export.

The movie doesn't have any music. Even after I select a song in the normal slideshow feature in iTunes, and go back to the library and do an export, no music.

Of course I can just create a new slideshow, go to share, but it ends up being too large with all the transitions...

Why can't I export a normal slideshow like iTunes 4 with music? :(
It's not very intuitive, but you have to click the play button, select a song, then do the Export, etc for it to work. Just selecting the photos without first hitting the play button for the slideshow (so you can re-select a song) always makes my slideshows come up without audio as well (even though I have previously selected a song). Hope this helps.

dont24

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Northeast
Importing video from a DV videocamera when using analog passthrough or recording live video

Does this mean this couldn't be done, prior to 5.0.2? I plan on buying a Digital camcorder soon and plan to import my analog tapes through the Digital camera.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
torn80 said:
It's not very intuitive, but you have to click the play button, select a song, then do the Export, etc for it to work. Just selecting the photos without first hitting the play button for the slideshow (so you can re-select a song) always makes my slideshows come up without audio as well (even though I have previously selected a song). Hope this helps.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think you're referring to making a slideshow by hitting the slideshow button. I have gotten that to work fine, and it exports with music fine.

The problem I'm having is highlighting photos and choosing to export them as a quicktime movie with music (not in slideshow mode).

Doing the above doesn't have any transitions and makes the quicktime movie very small, it also lets you scale up the movie super large.