If a recall happens, will you return your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pianoplaynfool, Jul 13, 2010.

?

Will you hand over your iPhone 4 in the event of a recall?

1. Yes, even though I'm completely satisfied with it.

101 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. Yes, because it definitely has issues.

141 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No, I am completely satisfied with it.

56 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. No, it has issues, but they're not severe enough.

31 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Pianoplaynfool macrumors newbie

I'm just curious to see how many iPhone 4 users on the boards will return their phone if there is a recall instated.

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I would return mine, but only because I still have my 3gs. If I didn't, I wouldn't return it. The signal dropping is a non issue where I live.

3. Sc24evr macrumors member

depends on if i have to stand in line for 12 hours again...

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats the main issue if there was a recall?? I dont have any problems

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

where i live i get 5 bars, signal drops too 2 bars after bridging - meh
    1 mile down the road where i work i get 3 - 4 bars and drops too No Service hmm. annoying

6. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

I live one mile from an Apple store, so it's no big deal for me to wait in line. I would exchange my iphone 4 in a heartbeat since I am left-handed and can't hold the phone comfortably without dropping a call.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If they'd have replacements available right then (and would let me grab a white one instead ;) ), then sure. Otherwise, no, as I sold my 3GS. I cannot go back to a RAZR; I don't care how long the wait is.

8. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

I may not immediately return the phone for a recall -- but I suspect that if you attempt to have any service done on the phone whatsoever, Apple will not work on pre-recalled units (i.e. Apple will force the exchange/recall).

Just like with automobiles and all other recalls (heck, McDonalds recalled all the Shrek glasses a couple months ago) there is no requirement that people participate in the recall. You don't have to turn the phone in if you don't want to. Keep using the defective unit if you want. But do so at your own risk.

9. swirlybee macrumors member

Yeah, if they have replacements right there, I'd go for it, but otherwise I'm satisfied with mine.

10. FortMOney macrumors member

Mine works as well as I could have ever hoped for. I won't be returning it

11. dagomike macrumors 65816

Why would you return your phone if you're happy with it?

As long as Apple is willing, I'm willing to work with them to resolve the problem.

12. jcampbell1070 macrumors member

i think if the bumper solves the problem apple should give out free bumpers and give refunds to people who already bought one

13. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

And risk getting one with a bad proximity sensor? No thanks. I can drop my bars at will without a case, but with a case the phone is fine by me.

14. Savor Suspended

Savor

Nope. Keeping my launch day iPhone 4.

My only real problem is the camera's white balance. I only use the call function 5% of the time. Maybe less than that. Like a glorified iPod touch that can make calls and text. And when I do receive a call, I am not on it very long anymore, it is on speakerphone (keep screen clean), or I answer it with the mic headphones. So the antenna and proximity issue is a non-issue to me. I still have never experienced a dropped call where I live. I can be on a phone for hours talking to a friend or relative, but for this year of 2010, I prefer to just text people now or YM.

15. decadentdave macrumors 6502

16. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

It'd exchange it but I wouldn't return it. Love the phone and can't see myself going back to the 3GS.

17. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

the same reason why you feel the need to post this, nobody knows!

18. littleluna macrumors member

Mine's fine. It has reception issues, but they are not that serious. My phone does get hot when I use it in a hot, sunny weather (I was using the recording/iMovie), but other than that, it's fine. Minor issues, really. I've made plenty of calls and so far, none of them has dropped. Then again, I never made any call that lasted over 5-10 minutes at most.

I love my phone a little too much. I don't think I can do it.

19. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

I think I'd be happy if they just stopped the os from telling me each time it couldn't find the carrier. Never used to happen with Ios3... :eek:

20. alangrehan macrumors regular

This is a non issue for me and these threads are starting to annoy me!

I get full bars... If I touch the bottom left corner I drop to one. I've even tried cupping the bottom corner until I've had one bar for over a minute and then making a call... Perfect quality call!

Have I ever dropped a call.... no
    Have I ever missed a text or an email.... no
    Have I ever lost signal completely.... no
    Would I have even noticed the issue if it wasn't splattered all over the net... no!!

The iPhone 4 is the same as the 3G for me.... If I clasp the 3G back with mh two hands I can make it drop two bars. Big deal.

I won't be bringing mine back unless the phone they are offering actually has a new feature or something!

21. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I would not return it. I am not in denial about having the reception issue like some people here, but I had a bumper ordered on the 15th when I ordered my phone. I don't plan on using the phone without the bumper so to me it is a non issue. Not going to waste my time returning and setting up a new phone.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

you could always just not read these threads? You might wind up a lot calmer without a need for so many !'s in your posts too...

23. Kevio macrumors regular

I believe that would require him to not visit these forums ever again, as EVERY thread is nothing but nitpicking people who are actually looking for things wrong with their phone.

I haven't received my iPhone 4 yet, but as long as the proximity sensor isn't a dud I will never return it.....It's a phone....made by humans....not gods.

24. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

25. bibbz macrumors regular

bibbz

If they want me to ship it or anything crazy, no. If it's as simple as walking in and exchanging, I'm down.