iPad mini If it doesn't fit, you should return it (Air)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Steviejobz, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

The retina Mini fits beautifully into a pocket. The way a tablet should. Dont understand why people want a brick for a tablet. If you need something that is going to stay at home or in a bag anyway, there's a laptop for that.

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One size does not fit all.

Many people prefer a larger tablet, just because you like the mini doesn't mean everyone else should.

I prefer the mini but I also understand why others like the larger tablet.

Choice is a great thing

3. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

That won't fit in my jeans while walking around in NYC, why would you want such a large device? That's what an iPhone is for. :rolleyes:

4. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Yes a 6" phone would be better. Lol!

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Exactly. Don't be so silly as to think your preference applies to everyone.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

What's the point of fitting into a pocket if I gave to pinch and zoom on every website I visit? :confused:

Playing devil's advocate.

7. I8P'CS, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Get out more, see some people, interact etc, I doubt you were saying this in 2010 when only large size was around. Some people need to get out more.

These threads are becoming silly. Can't understand why kids are not supervised when allowed on the internet. First it was Microsoft, then samsung now fighting between same brand Air and rMini from insecure "new slaves" = Sad.

In other news Philippine typhoon has killed many (R.I.P) but fighting over a material product is a way to boost ones ego and brag about. That's the most important thing going on in ones life.

Some people might not want to carry around a 4.7'-6' iPhone in a years time as well as a rMini as the size is too similar have you for once gave it a thought that these people are thinking ahead while you are not?

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Most people who want a tablet to fit into their pockets also have vaginas

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

To each their own man. That's why their are choices. I prefer the Air over the Mini. Why? I like the larger screen for my tablet for reading, movies, pictures, websites and the like. I have an iPhone if I want something more "pocketable".

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Or, quite frankly, don't have access to one.

11. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Unless it's in the form of a phone*

Until apple releases two different sizes, then it's the best move of all time from a brilliant company.

12. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Yeah, how dare we use something you don't want us to use! :mad:

13. puma1552 macrumors 601

Who wears baggy enough clothes to put an ipad in it?

neither iPad would fit in any of my regular (non-hipster) clothes.

14. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I don't usually respond to threads that are worthless, but...

In my opinion it is much more confortable to browse the interweb and read on the couch on my ipad than MBA.

But it is just that; an opinion.

Crappy thread OP... crappy thread. :rolleyes:

15. prism macrumors 6502a

Hey buddy, mind your own business, capiche? Just because you seem to have a phablet fetish doesn't mean that everyone else does. To each his own and your attempt at comparing apples to pears is just plain silly.

16. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I can't fit my scrotum in skinny jeans, let alone an ipad.

Then again... If I break out my hammer pants...

17. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

rolls eyes.... Ok kanye.....

18. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

interesting point. if i may, i'd like to condense your argument into an image:

[​IMG]

19. puma1552 macrumors 601

Reminds me of the days of goths wearing JNCO jeans with wallet chains. Maybe that's the OP's style?

20. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

In which case you still have a choice between phones...

21. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I have no desire whatsoever to carry my iPad around in my pocket. I have an iPhone for that. The iPad does fit on the arm of my sofa very nicely though. ;)

22. urkel macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

Seriously though. You are calling other tablets "bricks" for not fitting in a pocket, yet the pocket you are bragging about is a winter jacket. But once summer rolls back in then the Mini will be a "brick" that needs to be carried in a purse also.

Personally, I with the Mini was slightly smaller so I can fit it in my back pocket. I had an Android 7" for a little and while I didnt love the OS, the ability to carry it in my back pocket changed everything because I always had it. But then I went back to my iPad Mini and now it stays home or in the car because I dont always want to carry an iPad purse.

23. bambooshots macrumors 65816

That's your opinion and what works for you.

I'm a guy, and I don't care to put something that big in a pocket. My iPhone goes in a pocket. Any tablets go in a backpack or messenger bag of some type.

The only reason I prefer something the size of the mini is so I feel less conscious about pulling it out and using it in public.

And you're right, if it doesn't fit, return it. If I find that I don't like pulling the mini out and using it in public, I'll return it and get the Air as it seems to be better designed all the way around and a bigger screen is nice. I found out that I do prefer having a larger screen for general use as opposed to my girlfriends mini. My opinion, of course.

24. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Because my phone is almost as big as the mini. Redundant.

25. bambooshots macrumors 65816

For the record, I used an iPad 1 for 2 years. The Air is hardly considered a brick. Numerous reputable reviews back me up