iPhone XS Max If Tim Cook Resigns. Will the iPhone improve greatly ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jan 2, 2019.

?

?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. NO

177 vote(s)
    67.3%
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

High Prices and lack of features is the reason the iPhone is failing :mad:
    I mean why $750 for a phone in 2018/2019 that has a 720p display ? And not too much different from the 2016’s iPhone 7 4.7inch
    And then the XS Max costing $1,500+ with taxes for the highest storage model.

2. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Apple will be fine, even without your support.

3. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Tim Cook is not going to resign any time soon. Apple is doing just fine, even if sales are down at this time. They still made money this year and they're turning out good products.

4. watakoola macrumors newbie

watakoola

Timbo is not the Dictatorial Galactic Overlord of Apple. Putting it 'all' on him is a touch naive.

There are many different factors in the why/when/how much of product and pricing. He is one (big!) cog of a big company.

5. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eddy Cue is also at fault
    But I don’t think anyone should defend Tim for letting the prices get higher
    It’s not fair at all when technology is getting cheaper and devices aren’t as innovative as they used to be from 2005-2015

6. mjschabow macrumors 68000

That’s not why it’s failing. China is why it’s failing. The phones are fine.

7. Kerry78 macrumors regular

Kerry78

I think the price hikes was cos of Samsung’s Note 7 yes for that company they lost a lot with there recalls on that device but they also had to make money so they cranked the prices up on there newer devices not long after the blunder they suffered!

Apple saw a opportunity to ask for more cash on there items there lol

I don’t think Tim will quit

8. dzendeh macrumors member

dzendeh

9. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

So the year after Apple has its greatest financial year in history and sees its Phone X become the best selling smartphone of all-time the company has (wait for it) a slight step backwards. In one country. China.

Stop the presses. It's all over. Apple is Blockbuster. Fire the CEO.

You can't make this stuff up.

10. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

It’s amazing to me how popular this has become here on Macrumors.

11. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

Unless you got another Jobs, no. Any CEO to replace Cook will try and use the current product line. Visionaries are rare.

12. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

300 billion in stock WIPED OUT in just 5-6 months, just holy f*ing hell... WOW! Now, weather, or not you wanna blame it on a trade war, Chinese nationalism, or failing Chinese economy is on you.

13. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

People put Apple, as a company, on such a high pedestal that every little mistep is blown way out of proportion.

I’m as quick to call them out as anyone. This year’s iPhone offer basically nothing over last year’s, and I’m actually glad that a lot of people voted with their wallets and didn’t buy one. However, Apple is not in trouble and there is no reason for anyone to expect Cook to resign or expect anything significant to change even if he did.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s typical forum distortion “Tim Cook needs to go” propaganda.

However, The OP’s thread title reads “Will the iPhone improve greatly?”

It’s not the iPhone that needs to improve, they offer some of the later specifications, technology and the hardware is excellent. What needs to improve if anything, is the pricing structure for the iPhone in general. Monthly carrier subsidized payments may not be enough to be attractive to consumers when they see the iPhone price as a whole. Smart phone upgrades are not a necessity annually, but when the consumer considers upgrading, some have retained their current iPhones longer because the prices are not reflection of what they want to spend regardless of what technology the phone includes.

15. mjschabow macrumors 68000

I’m glad as well. I’m one of those that held onto my X and now I’m hopeful that the XI will be a more significant upgrade.

16. Falhófnir macrumors 68030

Falhófnir

How much direct input do you think Cook has on the iPhone? He's a CEO - when there is a big decision to be had on what to do with the iPhone, he's likely involved in a meeting of senior executives that take the decision by discussing options and voting or something. He's not sat there counting over stacks of gold coins whilst snarling 'no more than a 720p display on that budget iPhone, we can't afford it!' at terrified minions scuttling by...

17. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I’ve never understood why so many of you here take what Apple or Tim Cook does or does not do so personally.

18. Paradoxally macrumors 68000

No. He's not Jony Ive.

Stock was inflated anyway.

19. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

It can't be worse. The new iPhone has been deceiving.

20. WilliamG macrumors G3

Deceiving? The iPhone XS Max is definitely a bigger phone than the iPhone X.

21. YaBe macrumors 6502a

YaBe

Nope, simply because it is already in the final design state, there's no time to change everything now.

22. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

The iPhone will improve how?

How can Apple make the iPhone better for the masses? (Differentiated from appeasing some forum members)

23. jjohnstonjr macrumors member

jjohnstonjr

Tim Cook maybe be part of the problem but he is not the whole problem. Tim resigning wouldn't impact the stale state of the iPhone. It's the engineers and the powers that be, behind the scenes that are responsible for duplicating the same foolishness year after year.

24. ET iPhone Home, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm actually happy about the latest news on the decline of Apple stock for the mere fact that this should be a wake up call for Apple to STOP gauging consumers with the ridiculous cost of an iPhone and other Apple products. The mark-up on iPhone, according to reports I've heard, is 300%. Whether that be true or not, the mark-up is substantial which explain Apple becoming a trillion dollar company. Nothing stays up forever.

25. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

I dont think much is going to change as there isn’t one factor that led to a missed estimate. Apple is not going to reducing the prices (IMO) nor is it going to panic.

Their execution for years has been spot on and I expect in 2019 apple will get on track.