Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
iGary said:
My iPod is always with me, I'd find a freaking Sharpie™ real quick, and then I'd probably, Christ, I'd freak out.

But.. what happens when you want ot listen to music?

I'd dip that thing in lucite, get a curio cabinet, just for it, and get a new iPod...
Even though I have 6 hrs. battery life/charge and it's a year old!

Hmm.. Am I allowed to pose another "what would you say if.." question?

Here goes!

What would you say if you saw Jonathan Ives Shopping at Ikea?

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
runplaysleeprun said:
"I've got some eggs here. the powerbook is in the car. i was going to make an omelet on my way home."

hehe ROTFL! that is frigiin' hil.ar.ious

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Mmmm

Forget having him sign my chest, I'd say,

"Can I sign *your* chest?"

or

"Boy, you look like iGary!"

or

"Moooooof!"

or

"Can you please put your hand on top of mine and show me how to use a mouse?"

And, unlike iGar, I'd let him keep the kids.

"Is that a one-button mouse in your pocket?"

;)

superninjagoat

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2004
Apex, N.C
homerjward said:
embarrass :p
not that it really matters :)

i'd probably say something like "what sort of mac do you use?" or "can i have a free ipod if i carry your groceries out? :eek:" or perhaps "you should really check out this place called macrumors."

Did anyone one else notice that, in the original post, "my self" should be one word? At least the poster knew he couldn't spell embarrass.

freiheit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2004
California
Sasquatch!

I'd probably say something like "Sasquatch" because that's just the way I am when someone mentions saying just one thing.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
"Thanks"

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
"Hi, I know you probably get this all the time, but I'm a Mac user since I was four and I've always wanted to meet you. Is there any chance that I might be able to talk to you for a little while at an Apple store or something? You, and Apple, have been a huge inspiration in my life, and I'd really like to chat with one of the most influential people in this generation."

I sound like I'm a huge fan of his, which part of me is, but I'd rather come off like I really want to talk to him than say I want to have not seem like it.
-Chase

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
If I actually really did see him, I would probably act like I have no idea who he was. Wouldn't want to bother him or anything. Maybe if he was wearing an iPod, I would ask him about it, and say that I have one too. If he decided to "reveal" his idenity to me, I would ask him to sign mine.

But yeah. I've met celebritites before, and the best way to talk to them is not EVER mention their fame. They get so much of it, its probably nice to talk about something else.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
MacFan25863 said:
If I actually really did see him, I would probably act like I have no idea who he was. Wouldn't want to bother him or anything. Maybe if he was wearing an iPod, I would ask him about it, and say that I have one too. If he decided to "reveal" his idenity to me, I would ask him to sign mine.

But yeah. I've met celebritites before, and the best way to talk to them is not EVER mention their fame. They get so much of it, its probably nice to talk about something else.

And that's the best idea. It would be cool if he was wearing an iPod though, I wonder what kind. I'd guess that he'd have a gray iPod mini.
-Chase

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Shoplifting Steve?

IJ Reilly said:
Steve is now racing out of the store. I had no idea he could sprint that fast.

Hey, wait - he didn't pay for his milk! Someone tackle him!

;)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
anyone photoshop a picture of you and Steve Jobs to fool your friends or thought it would be cool to have? :rolleyes:

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
"If you bump me with that trolley one more time I'm gonna' ram this ***kin' register up your....oh hey it's you, it is you isn't it, hey everyone it's Steve. Hey I loved Nemo, when's the sequel coming out?"
<<turns back to the register and continues with shopping. Starting quietly and building louder and louder with others around the registers and packing area joining in>>

"Two button mouse, two button mouse, two button mouse...etc"

<<pays and leaves>>

As Steve pulls out of the parking lot from no-where I dive across the hood of his car stare maniacally through the windshield and scream "WITH A SCROLL WHEEL"

<<falls from fast accelerating car>>

My work is done here.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
puckhead193 said:
anyone photoshop a picture of you and Steve Jobs to fool your friends or thought it would be cool to have? :rolleyes:

I did and someone thought it was real.

...haha, they must've lost their glasses. :p

Attachments

• TZ200606120454293.jpg
    TZ200606120454293.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 120

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
advertise idiot
or
make a laptop that isnt a total rip off
or
$50 for a wired mouse...wtf
or
a dell comes with a free monitor and printer, the mac mini doesnt even come with a keyboard and mouse
or
have you ever heard of 5400rpm harddrives?

but what i would probaly say is; i love apple, or something like that, because i wouldnt want to piss him off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.