Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you pre-ordered the iP4S: White or Black

• Total voters

scootaru

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Columbus, OH
With the long delay on the white iPhone 4, many people settled for black. Will this cause people to opt for the white this time around and possibly cause shortages?

Archerious

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2010
Texas
With the long delay on the white iPhone 4, many people settled for black. Will this cause people to opt for the white this time around and possibly cause shortages?

My sister got White, I got black. Only difference is color preference. I just say go with whichever one isn't back-ordered.

Thomas

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
Pre-ordered my White iPhone 4S last night. First White iPhone since the 3GS so I'm excited. :D

mom333

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2011
I ordered:

32 GB White for me
32 GB Black for husband

I feel like the only woman who takes charge and orders the family electronics. I'm always reading, "I bought my wife, I bought my girlfriend, I bought my mother....etc." Hell no, I'm the tech geek and I tell my husband what he's getting. :eek: I also ordered our cases yesterday from otter box.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2009
I ordered:

32 GB White for me
32 GB Black for husband

I feel like the only woman who takes charge and orders the family electronics. I'm always reading, "I bought my wife, I bought my girlfriend, I bought my mother....etc." Hell no, I'm the tech geek and I tell my husband what he's getting. :eek: I also ordered our cases yesterday from otter box.

Marry me? :)

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Wow, I didn't expect there would be so much white ones.
Is it all because people bought the black iPhone 4 and now want a phone that looks different?

Edit: Ha, by the time I post this, two people answer my question.

kmanmx

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
UK
It's great that so many ordered White.

Now the Black versions will have no shortage problems and i'll be getting mine on release day no problem.

Thanks guys !

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
White for sure. I almost never see anyone with a white iPhone, and I still like the individuality. Plus I had a white 3GS and loved it as well.

Looking at the poll results though, it looks like more people are ordering white than black by a significant margin :eek: (though ~50 people is hardly an appropriate sample size)

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
White 64G this time, black on the last two, so thought for a change this time. White is definitely the new black.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I too ordered the 32g white 4s after having black 3G, 3GS & 4

I am lucky enough to have been with AT&T for 15 years so I get to upgrade every year. I wanted something different too and I am very excited about the Siri features as a i do need a humble personal assistant. Plus the white with a bright green bumper will stand out so I will be able to find my phone when I misplace it around my home. The bright green bumper will match my bright green smart cover for my ipad2.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
I ordered:

32 GB White for me
32 GB Black for husband

Wearing the pants; nice.

Are you more tech savvy than your husband? Generally speaking though, the trend you're fighting is due to, aside from the US and generally the world being patriarchal, women not really taking much interest in tech, ergo, they have less knowledge and ability to make an educated decision on the matter.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I ordered:

32 GB White for me
32 GB Black for husband

I love you. :D

donaldsmith

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
i think i vote white and i use this and i like him and some people like black but i prefer iphone white nice looking .

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I ordered White.

I think when the next models are ready, the resale process may be different.

There will be so many of each model.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
I got black this time.

I had a black iphone 4 but bought a white one when they released and now giving that to wifey and going black again.

I do like the all white everything, but now its time to go murdered out again.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
I ordered White.

I think when the next models are ready, the resale process may be different.

There will be so many of each model.

Generally speaking, there will be the same number of devices, the only difference will be increased in size, and the ability to go to Sprint.

However, if there is an ability to unlock the phone, and use it with whatever service provider you want there will definitely be a market for those.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I ordered:

32 GB White for me
32 GB Black for husband

Love this! My hubby and I are both tech geeks, so things are pretty evenly split in my house. I do my own research and make my own purchasing decisions for the most part. When I see all the comments about guys making decisions about electronics for their wives/girlfriends, I cringe a little. Stand up and take charge of your own gadgets, ladies! :)

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
64GB white

have had all black iphones (including ip4), but recently got a white iPad and think it looks sleek.

Looking forward to a white iphone !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.