If You Want Apple Watch Series 3 in Stainless Steel or Ceramic, LTE Models Are Your Only Option

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 13, 2017.

1. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

It requires that you get a data plan phone plan at 10.00+ per month in America. The carrier you choose for your watch must be the same as the carrier you have for your phone

2. AidenL macrumors regular

I really like it too.

I consider it an accent, a highlight and a differentiator. Plus red is my favourite colour. We have a white gloss modern kitchen, with red accents on the splash backs.

3. KAZphoto macrumors member

KAZphoto

Does anybody know yet if the apps will be able to update info over LTE? I'm just curious how the SDK is for this. I'm hoping all apps will be able to take advantage of LTE and not just Apple apps.

4. usarioclave macrumors 65816

I'm thinking that streaming stuff to the watch will be the next big thing.

5. berrymetal macrumors member

berrymetal

Why is the digital crown red, though? Couldn't they pick a better color? Red doesn't go well with everything

6. manu chao macrumors 603

It only requires that if you want to use LTE. If you want a steel watch, but don't want to pay for an LTE 'plan', just don't sign up for one.

7. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Think of it as a Bindi and they were very popular for even nonbelievers.

The red dot will be a signal that you have money, just like the Hermes leather straps. And where was the carping about the black dot on the original models? Why black?

Go to an auto paint store and buy a touch-up paint bottle and carefully dab the color of choice to the red dot. Problem solved.

8. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

They do admire Leica after all.

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Many people are already paying a premium for features they don't want and/or cannot use where they live. Apple Pay hardware springs to mind. And many of us bought cellular enabled iPads just for the GPS.

Such is life in the Apple fast lane.

However, people should have a choice about the red dot :D

10. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

"The next big thing" to kill your battery in 30 minutes?

11. bniu macrumors 6502a

Red dot: booooo!!!!

I like the space black + link because it’s 100% black! Full stealth. Now I have this ugly red dot drawing attention which is the last thing I want. I want 100% black!!!

I like my jet black phone because of how dark and stealthy it is. I want my devices to be discreet and out of the way and not draw attention.